Selena’s June 5 MTV Movie Awards hairstyle looks soft and romantic! See how to form her tousled waves!
Selena Gomez ditched her stick-straight strands for a bit more texture. Get the look from her very own hairstylist in 5 easy steps!
John D, Selena’s celebrity hairstylist, created the look using only 3 hair products! Here’s what he did:
- I started by prepping towel dried hair using Alterna’s Bamboo Kendi Oil. I dropped a few drops into my palms and combed the oil through the hair. Concentrating on the ends. And working my way through the rest of the hair. I love this product to start with. It leaves the hair feeling hydrated, healthy and shiny!
- After the oil was distributed evenly throughout, I blew the hair dry using using a paddle brush.
- Next I used Tresseme’s Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray and a large barreled curling iron. I took small to med size sections, starting at the back. I spritzed each section using the thermal spray and wrapped the hair around the iron. Leaving it there only till the hair feels warm. This ensures that the pattern in the hair is more wavy than curly.
- I continued through the hair. Spraying each section helps protect the hair from excess heat, when styling. While, at the same time, sets in that style.
- To finish I pulled the hair back from the sides of the head and fastened the half up style right at the back of the head. I did this using just a few bobby & hair pins. Once the style is in place I used a final spray of Shu Uemura’s Sheer Lacquer Finishing Spray to fix the style in place and help tame any unruly fly aways!
HollywoodLifers, would you try Selena’s beach waves?
See More MTV Movie Awards Beauty!
- Selena Gomez, Kristen Stewart & More: The Top 7 Makeunders Of The MTV Movie Awards!
- Kristen Stewart’s MTV Movie Awards Manicure — Get Her Exact Color!
- Kristen Stewart, Selena Gomez & More: The Top 15 Sexiest Legs And How YOU Can Get Them Too!