Nick Jonas Stands Up For The National Anthem & Confirms He's Running For President In 2040!

Wed, June 8, 2011 10:00pm EST by 9 Comments

The youngest Jonas brother discusses his patriotism and future in politics on Fox and Friends June 8!

Nick Jonas appeared on Fox & Friends June 8 to promote his new singing competition, but the interviewers couldn’t help but talk to him about his Fox-friendly political views!
The interview began with the 18-year-old heartthrob being asked about his views on Goshen College’s recent decision to ban the national anthem.

“It’s not my place to judge, you know, what the college thinks of the national anthem or what the students think,” Nick said, “But my opinion is that I’m a very patriotic person and I love the national anthem and I love this country.”

When jokingly asked if he’d thought about a career in politics, Nick answered, “I’m actually planning on running for president in 2040.”

The thing is… he’s not joking! Nick has expressed his desire to run for office before and has already been working with the USO to support military families. Do YOU think Nick Jonas will make a good president in 2040?

Get more from our BFF’s at Glamour.com!

1. 27 Gorgeous (and Sparkly!) Bridal Shoes
  2. Michael Kors’ DOs & DON’Ts of Summer Work Outfits
  3. 15 So-Called Imperfections Women Obsess Over but Men Love
  4. How to Find Your Body’s Sexiest Swimsuit

Alli Holt

Jessica

Posted at 4:02 PM on June 19, 2012

I think he’s very good at answering questions in an honorable matter. If he was to run for president in the future, i’d love to see what he has to say, has to offer, and what he can do for this country.

sab

Posted at 9:53 AM on August 28, 2011

where was nick’s ring on his left hand?
oh well who cares he still is hawt like dat!

michele

Posted at 11:05 PM on June 12, 2011

i got a dream about nick jonas i stay up all night and all day i can sleep i see you in my dream tonight i hate to love you this much having you in my life each day maybe i am single right now you want to ask me out

TinaTB

Posted at 9:04 PM on June 9, 2011

Nick Jonas is great, but his appearances on Fox News, especially Fox & Friends, to answer political questions, even if in jest, is a bad idea. There is no bigger turn-off than a musician kissing up to the neo-cons on Fox.

tina

Posted at 2:12 AM on June 9, 2011

At the moment, he’s definitely getting experience to be US president by teaming up with Quacker Chewy to find the next pop star and making no effort to get an academic degree or at least improving his educational level; not to mention spending his time with his respectable brother Joe.

I used to be a huge fan but recently they get on my nerve badly :(

Anonymous

Posted at 12:52 AM on June 9, 2011

He doesn’t have a college degree yet!

someone

Posted at 11:56 PM on June 8, 2011

This is just what this country needs a singing president with no formal education and a wife 10 years his senior…no offense he is really well spoken and has a political vibe, but I really doubt that can happen, if he has no political experiences and proper education. I mean look at mr.Terminator that didn’t end well, but than again I’m sure he’ll do a better job than Bush, but even a child is more competent than Bush.

jenna

Posted at 11:32 PM on June 8, 2011

considering nick would probably be a better president at 17(?) then the past like 5 presidents i would love for him to be the president and thats not just cuz i love nick almost as much ad joe :)

Liby

Posted at 11:04 PM on June 8, 2011

As crazy as this may sound, I actually believe he could run for President one day. He is very well spoken and diplomatic. You just have to keep in mind that you wouldn’t be voting for 17 yo him but him 30 or 40 years from now. Or course he would need education and experience before hand. And now I’ve given this way too much actual thought.