Ashley fell for the nasty, repugnant Bentley because she wasn’t wise about the game. But YOU should be! Here are 7 signs he’s a player
Bentley Williams has been dissing Ashley Hebert behind her back all season on The Bachelorette, but to her face has been using weak, pathetic lies to make her fall for him. In fact, she almost left the show when the playboy said goodbye to her on the June 6 episode! Here’s what signs you should look for to recognize a player.
Ashley literally begged producers to keep Bentley on the show after he announced he had to leave the show because his daughter, Cozy, needed him at home. She had no idea he was lying to her, or that he considered her to be an “ugly duckling” next to Emily Maynard. While Bentley did decide to reunite with Ashley, flying 7,000 miles to Hong Kong, it was because he wanted a free vacation and a chance to promote his career — not a chance to see if she was his true love.
Would Ashley have been better off if she had seen Bentley for who he was instead of looking at him through rose-colored glasses? You bet. Although she now says, “I’m happy with the way things turned out for me,” she could has been easily duped into offering the final rose to a guy who isn’t deserving enough to be scraped off her stiletto. Here are the signs that Bentley was a player — a guy you should avoid at all costs!
- You have to chase him. Ashley aggressively pursued Bentley, and guys like to be the aggressor. If you find yourself doing all the work, he’s probably not that into you.
- He’s too busy to take you out on dates more than once a week…but he’s happy to come over around midnight for a ‘nightcap.’
- He hides his comments on Facebook. Right, because there’s something he doesn’t want you to see.
- He’s accidentally called you by the wrong name and claims it was because he was tired.
- He’s too perfect. If he sounds too good to be true, he probably is.
- His phone goes with him everywhere. Never see it? That’s because he needs to keep it close — even when he goes to the bathroom.
- He’s a bad boy. While that seems sexy in theory, the bad boy never lasts in reality.