Katie Couric's New TV Show Could Kill 'General Hospital!' Would You Be Bummed?

Tue, June 7, 2011 9:54am EST by 7 Comments

Another one bites the dust? Tell us how you feel about ‘General Hospital’ being on the chopping block!

General Hospital could soon be going the way of All My Children and One Life To Live – at least if Katie Couric has anything to say about it. ABC announced it will air the former CBS Evening News anchor’s still-untitled syndicated talk show weekdays at 3 p.m., which is when most ABC affiliates air General Hospital.

Of course, since Katie’s show isn’t set to air until 2012, there’s still time to save General Hospital. If another of ABC’s new daytime series fails — either The Chew or Revolution, which will replace AMC and OLTL this fall — the dying soap could steal one of their time slots.

An ABC spokesperson offers up a seemingly obvious tip to the Los Angeles Times: “The best way to ensure a favorite show stays on the air is to watch it.”

Angela

Posted at 7:33 AM on May 10, 2014

Katie got cancelled. General Hospital’s ratings are doing great now. Oh, what a difference a year makes.

Terry case

Posted at 12:19 AM on March 10, 2012

We dont need another talk show iwatch gh sence I was a little girl and it was on 3:00 pm sence 1963 their no reason to change it why wont people just lefy things the way it was supposed be. Abc screwing everything up.

Laura

Posted at 10:49 PM on November 29, 2011

I wish we could just cancel ABC…….. hate the new shows – really miss the soaps – why don’t we all boycott ABC?????

Jackie

Posted at 11:13 PM on June 7, 2011

Katie Couric is annoying. She is a liberal communist. She is very impressed with herself. Has slept her way to the top. Now dating a teenager. Her plastic surgery looks plastic.

---

Posted at 2:41 PM on June 7, 2011

Soap operas are now becoming a thing in the past, they are now replacing it with reality shows.

galey

Posted at 12:47 PM on June 7, 2011

I cannot stand Katie Couric, never have liked her style and WILL NOT WATCH HER SHOW NO MATTER WHERE AND WHEN IT’S ON. I think is disgusting to be taking all the soaps off, some of us have been watching these shows for a mutitude of years and there are already enough talk shows and reality shows to choke a horse and most of them are not worth watching!

Lynn

Posted at 11:03 AM on June 7, 2011

I have been watching General Hospital since its first air day. It’s like family to me. And I don’t want any of my family to die. I’ve never cared for Katie Couric, never watched her on TV! And I certainly don’t intend to watch her new show! Nor will I watch any replacement shows that ABC plans to air in place of canceled soaps! Chat shows-come on. That’s a really stupid idea. What’s even worse are three in the afternoon. What happened to “love in the afternoon”?