‘Bachelorette’ Recap: Bentley Williams Is Scum & Didn’t Deserve A Good Bye With Ashley Hebert!

Tue, June 7, 2011 3:16am EDT by 14 Comments

It’s bad enough Bentley Williams was on ‘The Bachelorette’ for the wrong reasons, but his fake remorse about saying goodbye to Ashley Hebert made me want to throw up!

I didn’t think it was possible, but Bentley Williams hit a new low on The Bachelorette June 6. We’ve known since day one the guy was bad news, but he officially reached creeper level when he pretended to be heart-broken as he left Ashley Hebert alone in her house, heartbroken — and blamed the whole thing on his two-year-old daughter, Cozy. Seriously?!

“The guys know I’m a frontrunner, but none of them have any idea that I don’t care about Ashley. I had the opportunity and I played everyone,” the 28-year-old villian said. “[Emily's] such a standout, and…Ashley looks like an ugly duckling. I’m going to make Ashley cry. I hope my hair looks OK.”

It would have been hard enough on Ashley, 26, for Bentley to leave since she was falling in love with him, but I couldn’t believe he led her on to think it made him sad to say goodbye. Not only did he hug and kiss her and tell her she was beautiful (which is NOT what he thought), but he also left their relationship open-ended — selfishly leaving the door open for him to eventually return into her life. What an evil person!

“I never knew I would come in here and so soon be heart broken,” Ashley cried after he left. “I’m ready for my happy ending.”

Ashley had a tough week. First, she had a group date that was supposed to be a comedy night and roast, but it took a turn for the worst. Most of the guys joked about her small boobs, which she seemed to take in stride, but when William poked fun at her for being Brad Womack‘s leftovers, she broke down.

Honestly, I don’t blame her. Her number one insecurity coming onto the show was living up to her former Bachelor co-star, Emily Maynard. When William pointed that out to her face, it had to hurt. Sadly, I don’t think he meant to break her heart — and luckily, she realized he’s a nice guy at heart and gave him a rose.

Two other guys —  Chris and “mask man” Jeff — weren’t as luckily and were sent home. Chris seemed like a nice guy and I thought a couple others would get the boot before him. However, I wasn’t too distraught about losing either of them.

Before I wrap up, can we please talk about Ashley’s flawless date with JP Rosenbaum? When he showed up for their first one-on-one date, Ashley’s eyes were literally puffy from crying over Bentley — and yet, somehow JP put her immediately at ease and even gave her butterflies when they kissed. For once it was nice to see a low-key Bachelorette date without tons of candles, weird animals or thrill rides. They stayed at home, got cozy and hung out in their pajamas. It was refreshing and made me smile. JP is like Ashley’s knight in shining armor — I think he’s perfect for her!

Watch Bentley’s horrible exit below and tell me your thoughts. Did YOU think Ashley was dumb to fall for Bentley’s act or would you have bought into it too? Is JP your favorite or are you pulling for another guy? Sound off below!

Loading video...

Email me! | Follow me on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

More Bachelorette Stories:

1. Ashley Doesn’t Regret Falling For Bentley
  2. Ashley Engaged To J.P.!
  3. Emily Maynard: Bentley Will Break Ashley’s Heart!

Justin

Posted at 8:21 AM on December 7, 2011

I liked Bentley I thought he was the only contestant who was real to the camera.

Lori

Posted at 10:15 AM on June 15, 2011

It’s the same old story girls….we seem to always fall for the “bad guy.” I’ve done it, knowing that it was a mistake and Ashley did the same thing. Hearing from Michelle that he didn’t have the right intentions, made him that challenge that she needed to win. GRRRRRR….What makes us that way?

ke$

Posted at 12:07 AM on June 15, 2011

this guy is evil. Blacklist this guy as the guy “NO ONE SHOULD EVER GET TO KNOW!”

nursesuz

Posted at 12:05 AM on June 15, 2011

what an as&*!!!!

MoSoup

Posted at 5:44 PM on June 14, 2011

one word……….”douchebag”

Betee

Posted at 5:29 AM on June 8, 2011

Now he’s home playing “Tickle my pickle” by himself.

ewhatley

Posted at 6:42 PM on June 7, 2011

I’m not surprised she fell for the lines(although she was warned) but what I don’t get is there is nothing attractive about him. Her certainly isn’t handsome in any way nor did he display any intelligence. His personality is as exciting as a piece of cardboard. He was a zero even before he started all his baloney. And he never would have had a chance with Emily. She’s WAY out of his league.

Kirstin Benson

Posted at 1:36 PM on June 7, 2011

I totally agree with you lolanyc! I can only imagine ‘The Bachelorette’ producers getting so excited with all the great material Bentley was giving them. Ew. Poor Ashley.

lolanyc

Posted at 12:35 PM on June 7, 2011

WOW.. What a Douche!!! I’m wondering why she didn’t put two and two together,.Since Michelle Money said he was there for other reasons… and here hes leaving cuz of his kid? No he wouldnt have joined this show in the first place if he was soooo worried about his kid. WOW I pity his kid and I pity any women stupid enough to date him! CLEARLY he’s NUTS,ego maniac. Made a fool of Ashley on LIVE TV?? Who does that?? Wait she isnt the fool, HE IS! She’s better off.. I felt her pain. How dare he say she isnt pretty?? WHAT are you blind? I also cant belive ABC didnt warn her about him or tell her what he’s been saying! They messed with her heart! The emotions and toll that takes on someone! I hate this show. Rot in hell bentley! and what a dumb name!

gbtw

Posted at 7:17 PM on June 7, 2011

haha… i agree, what a DUMB name! how ashamed i’d be if this were my son.

Judy D.

Posted at 11:05 PM on June 13, 2011

I agree that the network should take some “heat” for exploiting Ashley’s feelings like they did. They are just as guilty as Bentley — maybe more. They KNEW what he was doing and let it go on and on for the sake of ratings. Gee, I remember just a few seasons ago when they sent a female cast member home for inappropriate behavior. Couldn’t they have had at least that much respect and consideration for Ashley?

cindy

Posted at 7:44 AM on June 7, 2011

Kirstin, I totallly agree with you about Bentley. He is absolutely disgusting with what he did. He played her for a fool and thought the whole thing was hysterical. Although Ashley did know going in about Bentley how can you blame her. It seemed she kept him around to see if what Michelle was saying was true. But this last episode she sat down with him and expressed all the worries she had and he covered his bases making it seem like Bentley was a good guy. He was the only one to console her after that roast. She should have had her guard up a little because of Michelle but he really just played her. Bentley is good looking and was a great guy to her face, I can’t blame her for falling for him. The dot dot dot was awful! I couldn’t even imagine being ashley and watching this back. I can’t waittt for the bachelors tell all when she comes face to face with maybe we could have a bachelorette chat like our dwts chats?? Miss u and jhuss :)
d

Kirstin Benson

Posted at 1:38 PM on June 7, 2011

Cindy, so good to hear from you! I can’t believe Bentley left it open ended with Ashley (oh, wait, I can). But what really makes me cringe is thinking of Ashley watching this footage now as it airs. It must make her sick.

gbtw

Posted at 5:59 PM on June 7, 2011

ps- what kind of “businessman” is this creep, and who would even want to work with him knowing this is his moral fiber. salt lake city is a SMALL SMALL town.