Angelina Jolie Is Ready To Kick Butt In 'Salt' Sequel — Breaking News!

Tue, June 7, 2011 10:10pm EDT by 9 Comments

Sony Pictures has decided to move forward with the ‘Salt’ sequel after the first film grossed nearly $300 million worldwide in 2010 — and Angelina Jolie says if it comes together, she wants to do it!

If you saw Angelina Jolie‘s 2010 action flick, Salt, you know it was set up for a sequel — and according to our sister site, Deadline, the ball has started rolling for Salt 2!

Deadline says, “Jolie wants to do to do the Salt sequel if it comes together right.”

Angelina, 36,  is the ultimate female action star — if anyone can make a film come together, she can.

Site also reports Kurt Wimmer, the writer of the last film, has signed onto the project and is already working on the new script.

The Salt sequel has been much anticipated since the release of the original picture in 2010. Universal Pictures is on board with the film — however, Moviehole reported director, Phillip Noyce is not.

Phillip told Moviehole in December, “If there ever is a sequel, better it’s directed by someone with a completely fresh take on what I believe could be a totally entertaining and complex series of stories.”

That said, a new director could be a good way to expand the franchise and make it Angelina’s next Tomb Raider type hit.

Salt 2 would bring back Angelina’s character Evelyn Salt, the CIA agent. In Salt, Angelina’s character is on the run after the CIA discovers she is actually a Russian spy. It ends with Angelina’s character preparing to hunt down her fellow Russian double agents. Angelina as a double agent is a perfectly badass role for her, no wonder she wants to play it again.

Do YOU think Angelina has another hit franchise on her hands?

Johnni Macke

Read more about Angie & Brad here:

1. Brad & Angie shop for Shiloh’s birthday!
  2. Angie looks striking in red!
  3. Angie’s hair in Cannes!

hotels in melaka,hotel in melaka,resort in melaka

Posted at 11:30 AM on May 10, 2012

We’re a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your website provided us with useful info to work on. You have done an impressive task and our entire group might be grateful to you.

Poetry

Posted at 5:19 PM on May 9, 2012

Wonderful points altogether, you simply gained a brand new reader. What may you suggest in regards to your put up that you simply made a few days in the past? Any certain?

Kat

Posted at 2:00 AM on March 18, 2012

neer- I still don’t think they delibertly subbned Ryan. I just can’t see Angie and Brad delibertly snubbing someone, at least in such a public situation like that.They just seem too kind and too professional for that.kimmy- I agree with you about the JJB megas. I mostly likely them because you can see pictures of the J-Ps there that either you can’t see anywhere else, or that take awhile to appear on other sites (one example would be the pictures of the J-Ps spending Thanksgiving in the Seychelles).However, I only go there to look at pictures. I never go just to look at comments or to post. The main reason for that is that there are some people there that seem to practically make it their hobby to bash JA (they’ll even bring her up when she has nothing to do with whatever is currently being talked about in the J-P megas).I’m not even a fan of JA myself (which I feel kind of bad about, because it’s mainly the media and magazines that have made me not a fan of her. I cringe, for example, whenever I see her included in a Best Dresses or whatever magazine that Angie is also in, because I feel that the magazines do that because of the whole triangle thing. But I know it really isn’t fair to JA, or Angie for that matter, for me to be that way!).However, just as we J-P fans h8te when people bash Angie, especially when they compare her to JA somehow, I don’t think Angie fans should bash JA either.It’s very childish in my opinion for people to attack one because they are a fan of the other (not that everyone that bashes Angie is a JA fan and vice-versa! But the JA bashers on the megas seem to be doing so because they are Angie fans.).And personally, if Angie knew her fans were bashing JA, I think it would deeply sadden her, and I don’t think she’d stand for it.Angie is the type of person who doesn’t seem to like it when ANYBODY is bashed (and frankly, I think the world could use a lot more people like that!).So because of that, I don’t like reading the comments on the JJB megas.

BullFighter

Posted at 9:21 AM on June 9, 2011

Salt grossed over 3 million, thus far. It’s one of those movies you can watch several times and find something new. Definitely a great cast but Angelina bought the movie home, her gritty, raw, visceral performance drowned out any concerns about a female playing a role written for a male actor, action no less. Angelina has the action kudos to rival the majority of male actors, gender really isn’t an issue when your dealing with weapons and technology. The days of bulky, steroidal looking males equates to lethality are long gone, Arnie’s brand of hero is more and more comic given the reality of modern warfare. But not all females have that innate edge and air of danger Angelina brings naturally to her character, she continues to obliterate female stereotypes. As only Angie can, I envisage a whole new Evelyn Salt personna emerging in the sequel.

After watching Salt, several times, I can’t wait for the sequal.

Julie

Posted at 9:23 AM on June 8, 2011

Salt was awesome!! No one could have done a better performance than Angelina Jolie. I can’t wait for the sequel. I wannt to be the first in the theatre!!

Rachael

Posted at 11:36 PM on June 7, 2011

Shocking that you did not mention Jen or hate on Angelina like you usually do.

bF

Posted at 8:25 AM on June 10, 2011

Perhaps there is a dawning realisation that blatant bias and incessessant resurrections of long dead rivallry’s lose fans, rather than attract them to this site.

lol

Posted at 11:17 PM on June 7, 2011

Breaking news a few days late

Dano

Posted at 11:00 PM on June 7, 2011

THe first one was great! Hope the next one will be as good.