Bonnie Says: Kody Brown's Plan To Move To Las Vegas Backfires — He Fractures His Family & Robyn's Pregnancy Makes It Worse!

Mon, June 6, 2011 8:19pm EDT by 40 Comments

Sister Wives‘ Kody gave up his giant family house that was home to his first three wives and their kids in Utah. When he has to get FOUR new houses in Las Vegas in the Sister Wives finale episode, his wives LIKE living apart — burn!

When Kody Brown went public on TV with his polygamist family he didn’t foresee being prosecuted by Utah authorities, despite the fact that polygamy was illegal.

Now, he’s blindsided by the effect of dividing his four wives into four different houses in Las Vegas. When he can’t find a house big enough to accommodate everyone, the family hunts for four new homes — one for each wife and her kids — all in the same neighborhood and school district. But the new living arrangements flip Kody out when he realizes his wives LIKE their independence.

First of all, can I just ask – how can he afford this — four rentals a month especially when Kody says he and his four wives have all lost their jobs. It’s the shows’ biggest mystery!

But what isn’t a surprise, except to Kody, is that at least two of the wives admit that they like this new separate living arrangement better!

Meri reveals she likes having “me” time in her own house. Christine says she may see Kody less now that they aren’t all in the same house, but she gets more of his “individual attention,” when he is with her.

Plus, “I like the routines I’m developing with my kids,” Christine says, about her six little ones. “We’re singing songs with prayers at bedtime.”

His wives growing independence, “scares the heck out of me,” Kody confesses. “It feels like separate families, and I want my family to be all together,” he laments.

Meanwhile, he’s schlepping in his car from house to house, which makes it hard to say goodnight to all four wives every night. Can you imagine THAT exhausting routine? No falling asleep on the couch for him!

The wive separation only promises to get worse with the revelation that wife #4, Robyn, is pregnant with the family’s 17th child!

Kody admits he had tears running down his eyes when the pregnancy test turned positive, but Robyn is sensitive to Meri’s ongoing in fertility issues. “I’m worried she’ll take it hard,” she says.

She plans to go to Meri’s house to break the news one on one to Meri.

The preview of next season’s shows’ reveals that Robyn’s fears were well-founded. The new baby on top of the four separate households, appears to ramp up fourth wife jealousy in the Brown family.

Well Kody — looks like you REALLY can’t have it ALL — four happy wives, 16 kids and no jealousy and tears. Funny, how given their druthers and their own houses, those wives are getting their own independent wings.

They may not need YOU so much after all!

— Bonnie Fuller

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan
Got More Scoop On Sister Wives Here!

1. ‘Sister Wives’ Star Kody Brown Disses Charlie Sheen & Kate Gosselin!
  2. First Look At The ‘Sister Wives’ Family In Nevada!
  3. ‘Sister Wives’ Stars Won’t Escape Polygamy Laws By Moving To Nevada Say Lawyers!

theresa lingar

Posted at 1:16 AM on August 22, 2012

it seems to me 98% of people talk badly about robin i myself think she is a very sweet person, and this is there belief they r living by just like we all have our own beliefs,most of them were raised in this,and we r not suppose to judge least we be judged and i am sure we have all done something in our life that another would not agree with,if u think its wrong pray for them but dont be mean and say bad things about these people,there children may see it or one may get their feelings hurt over such harsh words. i pray they all have a happy life .

Katie

Posted at 8:07 PM on May 20, 2012

You do realize that there is much less risk of STDs in a plural marriage with no pre-marital sex than in most marriages, don’t you? Kody slept with 4 women. If you date single men over the age of 35 today, and you sleep with them, there are often 20+ people represented sexually in that interaction.

Katie

Posted at 8:01 PM on May 20, 2012

I agree with you. I would like to be in a polygamous marriage, too, for the sake of the children. It is interesting how people consider divorce (50% of the population) okay and accept our 50% infidelity rate but deem plural marriage, which protects the children and always provides a home for them, wrong.

Runrswimr at Yahoo

anxiety

Posted at 1:51 AM on April 10, 2012

Hey there, You’ve performed an excellent job. I’ll certainly digg it and individually recommend to my friends. I’m confident they will be benefited from this web site.

M

Posted at 6:36 PM on November 27, 2011

By the way, there ARE women who have more than one husband. They’re called Polyandrists.

M

Posted at 6:34 PM on November 27, 2011

Okay, this is coming from an individual under the age of 18. I believe that these women are NOT being controlled. This is a lifestyle they have chosen and enjoy, and yes, there are going to be people who don’t agree but that is simply because they don’t understand the life they live. They are living, breathing people who just want someone to accept them which is the exact reason they moved to LA!

J

Posted at 1:55 AM on October 10, 2011

I live in las Vegas, and I hate to think these nut cases are living here, and adding to the idea that people seem to have, that anything is ok here. It’s not.
I also feel very sorry for their kids, particularly as they get older and have to try to fit into the world.
Hate the way they all revolve around kody as if he is something amazing. How about some Brother Husbands to share the love around.

B

Posted at 5:56 PM on October 4, 2011

I don’t understand why everyone acts like it’s some big mystery that they have a lot of money. TLC pays them for the show, and TV pays well, just ask Kate Gosling.

I think that it was very brave of them to come out of the poly closets, and in a world where religious freedom was a fact instead of an ideal that we pay lip service to while persecuting people for their chosen lifestyles, they wouldn’t have had to move.

I don’t think his concern was about the wives becoming independent, I think it upset him that they don’t necessarily want the family to be as cohesive a unit as he would like.

Sandy

Posted at 7:26 AM on July 29, 2013

And how will they live and pay for these huge houses when the show ends. It has been sad to watch this Family that had a purpose fade off into how much they can get. Love Meri but she is so self absorbed now and just petty about her deserving a house as big as the others..it was clear she did not want another child so lets see what is the reason for a other home. And she is the logical one to go out working. I loved this show but am saddened to see its direction

maria

Posted at 6:01 PM on September 25, 2011

This to Kody: Gods word clearly say One wife One husband Other wise its Adultry. I don,t know what Bible hes reading from. God also says not to ad or take away from his word Kody your going by the Old testement Jesus came and ad to that which we are to live by. The world doesn,t judge you at the end God does.And you say the courts brake up the Family No You did when you went into this.

chris

Posted at 8:01 PM on January 28, 2012

Maria,
If the Bible (as you suggest) truly says one man, one woman then why are there several places in which God explicitly tells the man to marry an additional wife. I submit the following for your review:

1) If a brother who is married dies his living brother is supposed to marry the widow. There isn’t an exception to this if he is already married and his one way out was to be publicly humiliated. Deuteronomy 25:5-10
2) After David committed adultery with Bathsheba note what the prophet Nathan told him in 2 Sam. 12:8 ‘I also gave you your master’s house and your master’s wives into your care, and I gave you the house of Israel and Judah; and if that had been too little, I would have added to you many more things like these!
a. Here we see two things, first, God had given David his master’s (King Saul) wives and second, God was willing to give him more if that wasn’t enough.

If Christians believe that Scripture is infallible, that God doesn’t change his mind about what is sin and what is not, and furthermore that God would never give someone something that would be sinful nor command them to do something sinful. Then it would seem that polygyny is not sinful because God commands a brother to marry his brother’s widow, gave David his wives and says that he would have given David more wives all of this when we believe that God wouldn’t do such a thing. Something to think about.

Maureen

Posted at 1:23 PM on July 13, 2011

Kody went too far. Did he consider that his children are getting older and some of them may want to go to college in a few years, this all costs money. Stressed from moving? Of course – his responsibilities are now out of sight. He had a good thing going before marrying another woman and with it adding a few more children. Than leaving his homestead, thereby separating his family in a new city where his kids have to go to new schools – again. Running from one problem to many is not a good thing. He is a sweetheart and I wish him well, but he needs to think things through before initiating major upsets that involve his family.

Stephanie

Posted at 11:31 AM on July 13, 2011

Anyone know when the show resumes?

carina

Posted at 2:44 PM on July 12, 2011

I wonder if this arraignment will last now that everyone is seperate ? I would bet the working women would be fine, the stay at home one’s not so much. I just can not immagine being ok with sharing a spouse. I do not think the women will ever feel truly fulfilled emotionally the way a wife should but maybe comarade in family is a concept we just dont and wont ever understand.

Deej

Posted at 9:17 AM on July 5, 2011

I wouldn’t let Kody touch me, and for a variety of medical as well as esthetic reasons! Sleeping with him would be the same in terms of risk as sleeping with all four women AND their previous husbands/sex partners. Ick.

mary

Posted at 5:40 AM on July 2, 2011

Now it looks even more like what it is.. With all four wives in different houses and him going from house to house..It looks like a man having three affairs, on his wife.. It’s icky..
And that last wife is sneaky and seems insincere..I bet she does a lot of bedroom manipulating. And that icky cody, acts like a love sick teenager around her…
His first wife is obviously hurt.. What a rottin thing for women to have learned to accept. A religious doctrine, made by men, for men.
Sickening..

lila

Posted at 7:02 PM on June 29, 2011

i really hope this move doesnt fracture the family… i hope even tho they have new independence they will see that their kids need to be in the same house as brothers and sisters being raised…and not separate like “half brothers and sisters. They need to look for a home that accomodates all.

Holly

Posted at 1:54 PM on June 25, 2011

Everyone needs to get a life and leave the browns alone. They are a family who wants to stay together. Weight should never be a issue in any relationship and if it is then you need to open your eyes and look in the mirror. Don’t Judge someone on their looks or how much they weigh. I for one am glad they moved to Nevada. I hope that the wives each get their independence and their “ME” time. So what if Kody has 4 wives as long as he is happy and the wives are happy who are we to judge them. JUDGE NOT LEST YOU BE JUDGED. I like the show and i intend to keep watching. Finally real people living their lives and going public. I wish them all the best and lots of luck in their future no matter what happens with the LAW.

arly

Posted at 1:27 PM on June 21, 2011

These women do not have any self esteem and why they get in this awful controlling polygamist cult.

Maybe now that they will live in separate homes they will get a taste of freedom and change their lives. They need to lose weight, go to counseling and dump the bastard and his cult.

Angel

Posted at 7:37 PM on June 24, 2011

Weight has nothing to do with anything. It’s nice to see real women!

lola

Posted at 7:03 PM on June 29, 2011

arly you sound like a really stupid, depressed, judgemental person. Why so bitter? Get a life… you need one

Lisa

Posted at 9:27 AM on June 30, 2011

My husband and I constantly say that these women have no self esteem. Do they believe that they are not worthy enough to have a man who loves only them? Evidently!

Wishing for Polygamy

Posted at 7:42 PM on August 5, 2011

That is so not the case. I am in a monogamous relationship and want to be in a polygamous one. Unfortunately, because I do not want my husband to go to jail and because my kids would never be able to handle that I cannot have a polygamous family. It is a beautiful experience. We had a situation in our life where we were going to be a little brave and step out there and we found a future sister wife and she began to live with us (no she did not sleep with him because they never married even spiritually)and it was great. however, she got a wonderful opportunity to take a job overseas and it was what she had gone to graduate school to do so we kissed her goodbye and loaded her on a plane and we hear from her about every two months with an long letter telling us all the really wonderful things that are happening to her. About a year ago she got married and she and her husband have talked about polygamy and he is open to it if they ever live in a country where it is legal. There is nothing wrong with sharing a husband with a sister wife. Why does he have to love only me. That is a pretty selfish attitude that some women have. It is a real shame that women are so petty and callous that they believe that they have the right to dictate who another person can and cannot love. It reminds me of when a child has a friend and that friend makes a new friend and the first child says, “I am not going to be your friend anymore because you are his/her friend. You have to choose its me or him/her!” I forbid that type of behavior in my children, how then could I possibly practice it myself. Oh, wait, I know how, “Do as I say not as I do”, says the cigarette smoking alcoholic to his child as he takes the cigarettes and gin out of the kid’s hand. Hypocrite! I am no hypocrite so there is no way that I could control who my husband loves and would never threaten to leave him over who he loves.

Wishing for Polygamy

Posted at 7:26 PM on August 5, 2011

Has it ever occurred to you that there are women who want to be part of a polygamous marriage? I would love to be in one right now but I am unwilling to see my husband go to jail. I people like Kody and other poly families can get the message out and get the practice decriminalized then my husband will be polygamists. MY kids could not stand it if their daddy went to jail so I will not risk it right now. I introduced him to the idea not the other way around. We are waiting to see if there can be some good come out of all the polygamists that are coming forward. Oh, just for your information I am a college graduate, I have a life, I have great kids, and I happen to like who I am. However, I have a long-term degenerative disease that makes it very difficult for me to take care of my home and kids without a great deal of help. We have plenty of help because we have the ability to afford that help. However, I would rather it be coming from someone who actually cares about me, my kids, and my husband than from someone who only cares about the money I pay them. Not every polygamist family is a “cult” that lives in a compound and turns a blind eye to or openly participates in child abuse. That is what Kody and the other poly families that have been interviewed by everybody from Oprah on down the line are trying to show to the world.

Christy

Posted at 1:52 PM on June 20, 2011

Robyn should not married to Koby! He gave her mess up her life! Robyn and her kids stay away from Koby!!!

martinez

Posted at 4:32 AM on June 17, 2011

i think thats just wrong about this show sleeeping with all those womens thats just sick of him and the wivesssssssssssss are just stuped theres plenty of plp out there

Suzanne

Posted at 4:19 PM on June 16, 2011

***withOUT being attacked*** sorry for my typo.

me

Posted at 11:30 PM on June 15, 2011

he is sooo egotistical…all he ever says is i i i me me me…he said i made this decision to move, it was what is best for me! never mind the rest of his family…how can they afford all the houses, tlc must be paying them well, just like kate gosselin…they are intent on destroying families with money..maybe wives number 1 thru 3 are finally waking up and want out! never did like or trust robyn

NO WIRE HANGERS, EVER!!!

Posted at 3:49 PM on June 19, 2011

maybe he should marry kate gosselin. they both have the me issue.

Miss M

Posted at 1:23 PM on July 13, 2011

Maybe what he is doing is actually taking responsibility for HIS actions by saying I I I and ME ME ME.

Rusty Shackleford

Posted at 6:41 PM on June 12, 2011

You can tell the order of the wives by their level of obesity.

me

Posted at 12:07 AM on June 14, 2011

SO true, Rusty. Astute observation…I am a woman, but I am sorry, I would not want to sleep with any of those women if I were Cody, W.T.E. of wife#4. Maybe that is why he keeps adding wives? Who can get it up for #1-3?? Eckk…Some of them seem very bitter and negative, especially the first wife.

Deej

Posted at 9:11 AM on July 5, 2011

No, you can’t. Meri is quite thin, and she is the first wife. Perhaps you could wait to comment until you know what you are talking about?

ARTHUR

Posted at 11:56 AM on June 12, 2011

Kody Brown is suffering from eroto-mania and satyriasis . . . this religion of his is based on procreation, procreation, procreation . . . and mania to exist, and fight death.

JENSPAL

Posted at 7:49 PM on June 10, 2011

And oddly enough, the threat of the family being seperated is the excuse Kody used to move the family to his dream town, Vegas! This is no different than if they had stayed in Utah and faced the investigation. News flash Kody; the government CANNOT tell you how many people are allowed to live in your home nor can they force any of your wives and children to seperate from you and each other. So now you’ve forced your unhappy family to move and they’re making the best of it. Too bad, so sad, especially for the innocent children involved. It won’t be long before the children start breaking away from their nutty father. I think wife #4 will be the only one to stick around at this point.

mary

Posted at 5:46 AM on July 2, 2011

I think the 4th wife’s family lives in vegas… Guess which one this icky guy has gone “teenager in love” over???
Who is getting the best of him at this stage of the game…??
Yep.. it would be #4….
Too bad these women were raised to believe they must never have a man of their own…

Deej

Posted at 9:14 AM on July 5, 2011

Newsflash: the government CAN TOO tell you how many unrelated people can live in your home, via city ordinances controlling zoning, etc. In some states, however, the counties lack such power.

Laura

Posted at 9:03 PM on July 18, 2011

I Guess if this family can get away with going against the law then all bigimy cases should be thrown out and you should be alowed to have as many husbands and wives as yu want. And if we start there then why not just throw out law altogether.

five

Posted at 6:10 PM on June 7, 2011

kody is not dumb, he feels his power over these women slippin away. and i guess now that they get paid for doin this show they have more money available.

i still dont like that guy. every time theres a close of of him i have to look away. hes so creepy! total manipulator. freaks me out.

TONI

Posted at 2:58 PM on July 13, 2011

WHAT A JERK, HE IS!!!!! WHAT SAD LOW SELF ESTEEM WOMEN THEY ARE………….SAD SAD……..FEEL BADLY FOR ALL THE KIDS