Dakota Fannings Suggestive New Marc Jacobs Ad- Is She Turning Into The Next Hollywood Troubled Teen?

Mon, June 6, 2011 3:08pm EDT by 5 Comments

Dakota has been praised for her wholesome image, but this newly released ad featuring the young starlit is making me a little nervous!

Dakota Fanning, 17, has been confirmed as the face of Marc Jacobs new perfume “Oh Lola” and she is looking very grown up in this new campaign! Is this too much for baby-faced Dakota?In the new ad, Dakota poses with a large perfume bottle in between her legs. I am such a fan of hers and would be devastated to watch her go down the path of a Hollywood troubled teen!

As much as I love the Marc Jacobs ads, I have to wonder if maybe it would be more appropriate for someone who was a bit older. What do YOU think Hollywoodlifers, was the ad too much or very cool?

–Sofia Fuller

Get More HL Beauty!

1. Check Out The Best Beauty Looks Of The 2011 MTV Movie Awards 2011!
  2. Hailee Steinfeld Does Her First Red Lip!
  3. Emma Stone Returns To Red! Do You Miss Her Blonde Hair?

Chloe

Posted at 5:05 PM on July 14, 2011

Quite honestly, from a design perspective I think it’s perfect. “Oh Lola” Reminds me of Nabikov’s Lolita, which makes Fanning a perfect choice. She’s got a very dangerous barely legal thing going on, which is suggestive in a way that promotes the concept but in a dangerously tasteful way.

I think it’s brilliant

In the picture she is completely covered up, isn’t doing anything lurid or sexual other than a fairly subtle hint of the bottle. Pretty straight forward. Go MJ.

Mel_M

Posted at 12:38 AM on June 7, 2011

Sophia,

“…would be devastated to watch her go down the path of a Hollywood troubled teen!”

I don’t see any danger signal in this photo. Dakota is very very talented at presenting a wide variety of personas and she’s fully aware that self destructive behavior could ruin her acting, which she loves very much. Anyway, I don’t see the photo as sleazy, she’s 17+3months, and she’s Dakota–I have a great deal of trust in her.

Mel_M

Posted at 10:39 PM on June 6, 2011

Typecast as a slut? Ridiculous! Her teen movies have been: Push (filmed late 2007), The Secret Life of Bees (filmed early 2008), two short appearances in the Twilight films (even so, I wouldn’t call them “bit roles”), and The Runaways (filmed summer 2009). This year she’s added six new movies to her to-do list: The Motel Life, Mississippi Wild, Now is Good, Very good Girls, Girls Night Out, and Furious Angel. So far as I know, in two of these films, she’ll need a British style persona–adding to her versatiliy. IMO, she’s moving towards adult themed movies without being typecast–typecasting is what she really needs to avoid (especially typecasting as little Lucy). Dakota is not a character actor, she’s not typecast, and she doesn’t just repeat a trademark film persona. When I see a new Dakota film, I’ve come to expect a completely new character–I love it that way. So, the grocery store scene in The Runaways, had Dakota’s character be quite disgusting, which was something brand new for Dakota. I would rather she not make a habit of this; however, I loved the fact that she did it and made it work–it’s called acting.

Oh yes, I don’t have a problem with her doing this photo; she’s 17 and not a kid (actually less than 9 months short of 18).

Joshua Sittre

Posted at 4:01 PM on June 6, 2011

She doesn’t have to make a ‘come back’ she never left, she is beautiful. The fact that someone actually wants to make an issue of a TAME ad, tells me someone is an overreactor. what! no! an overreaction in hollywood!

jason

Posted at 3:46 PM on June 6, 2011

I’m more disturbed by the vast majority of voters who thinks she looks great (86.96%).

Really? An underage girl with a huge bottle of perfume pressed up between her legs? That’s ok with most of you?

My outlook on Dakota: she’s not ugly, but she’s not starlet beautiful either. Ever since her younger years she’s gotten 1 bit role in a major movie (Twilight) and nothing else but starring roles in very low budget indie trash films where she’s always typecast as the slutty one. Look for a train wreck soon as she tries to recapture her former glory…and can’t.