How Much Can Justin Bieber Bench Press? We Know!

Fri, June 3, 2011 3:48pm EDT by 27 Comments

HollywoodLife.com has all the exclusive details on Justin Bieber’s gym workout while he was visiting his hometown, Stratford, Ontario. And he actually bench presses more than we anticipated!

Justin Bieber is working out hard to stay healthy and impress his girlfriend, Selena Gomez. During his trip home to Stratford, Ontario, the 17-year-old rockstar squeezed in a workout at Anytime Fitness June 1 — and HollywoodLife.com has all the details of his impressive routine.

“Justin was definitely on a mission to pump up,” club member Tyrell Ogloff — who saw the singer working out at 7:30 a.m. — tells us. “He was on the treadmill for about 30 minutes working up a sweat and then he went to the free weights to lift.

He adds, “It’s funny because he’s pretty small but can pump a lot! He benched 120 pounds for his chest and did about 400 crunches and sit-ups to build his core. He’s in really good shape.”

We know how hard it is to bulk up, especially when you’re young and have a fast metabolism, like the Biebs. Luckily, judging from their PDA, Selena, 18, loves him just the way he is!

Kirstin Benson, with reporting by Sandra Clark

Read More on Justin and Selena’s Hometown Adventures:

• Justin Takes Selena To Lunch With His Fam!
  • Selena Breakfasts Without Bieber- Just His Fam!
  • Selena In Justin’s Hometown to Hang With Bieber’s Fam!

Carter

Posted at 12:24 AM on August 25, 2014

Oh yea and u weigh 193..

Girmene

Posted at 4:20 PM on March 23, 2014

I just love Justin Bieber!! He is so adorable and cute!!!!!!!!!

justin=puny fag

Posted at 2:04 AM on February 21, 2014

Hahaha i am 15 and I bench 195 and squat 325. ‘the beibs’ is weak.

Matt

Posted at 9:33 PM on March 21, 2014

Surreee bud
    Also you probably weigh quite a bit more than ‘the beibs’
    1/10 try harder.

i like trains.

Posted at 11:39 AM on December 16, 2013

17 years old, bench 180, weigh 165

bigger than justin

Posted at 3:51 AM on July 6, 2013

Im 15 and my bench is 220 and I weigh 160 and Im 6ft Justin is weak sauce

DoYouEvenLift?

Posted at 9:53 PM on June 2, 2013

im 16 years old and weigh 105 and I bench press 160. Justin Bieber Sucks at lifting. and I can do over 200 push ups. btw im 5’2.

Kadeem

Posted at 12:49 PM on July 5, 2013

lmao yup, your height and reach explains your lifts. Bro, your reach is probably the length of my dick. Just saying. When I was 16, i was already 5’8. Your pushups are also compromised by your height.

anna

Posted at 11:44 PM on March 3, 2013

I thought that he wighes about 130-160 but he wegh lees than that i wiegh about 107 and i am about to be 12

gilson

Posted at 6:42 PM on March 1, 2013

i weigh about 98 pounds

gilson

Posted at 6:41 PM on March 1, 2013

to tell u the truth i’m 11 and my absolute bench press is 100 pounds and i do 30 push ups in one go

gilson

Posted at 6:39 PM on March 1, 2013

i have a friend who is 15 and bench presses 170

John

Posted at 9:50 AM on February 22, 2013

The bench press is not about chest strength. A max effort bench is more based on tricep strength. I’m 20 years old and bench 350 at 180 pounds bodyweight.

John Hudson

Posted at 7:40 PM on February 1, 2013

Anyone who thinks this is impressive doesn’t know what their talking about. I’m 15 and I weigh 110 lbs. I know I’m scrawny and that’s why I spend every possible moment I can lifting. Unfortunately I was set back a couple of months last year because of surgery, but as of now I can bench 145. So if you think Justin Beiber is a dedicated lifter, you should know that your wrong!

Jack Adams

Posted at 3:34 PM on November 26, 2012

Lol I’m 14 and I bench 160

Alex

Posted at 2:08 PM on August 11, 2012

Haha that picture with his shirt off definitely screams skinny man abs. 120 pound bench? I wish I could do that… Oh wait…. I could do that when I was in grade 8.
    All I’m saying is he’s doing it all wrong for “bulking up”, I realize this is a while ago but still.
    No disrespect to the guy, I mean I have no problem with him but if he wants to “bulk up” he can’t be on the treadmill so much, he’s burning all his calories so he can’t even build muscle when it comes to free weights.
    Obviously the guy doesn’t want like a rugby players build but hey, hes probably a smart dude so he’ll find the groove if he does some expirimenting.

shawn

Posted at 12:41 AM on December 5, 2012

can u really do that in grade 8? u must be real buffed. u do realize that 120lbs is 35lbs plate on each side of the bar plus two 2.5lbs plate on each side.

Marcus

Posted at 2:08 PM on February 5, 2013

Uhhh 120lbs isn’t that much. Most kids in 8th grade can do 110-120. High school 120 is cake. 120 is pretty low.. for someone who is 18!

Quinn

Posted at 7:15 PM on March 4, 2012

When I first started lifting a few years ago, I couldn’t even bench 115. Now I can bench 285. Thank God I started lifting seriously. I couldn’t live with myself knowing Justin Bieber is stronger than me.

nike mercurial superfly iii

Posted at 5:30 AM on October 11, 2011

We fully appreciate your blog post.

Werd Up

Posted at 11:53 PM on August 29, 2011

Hmm…120 pounds? guys that’s not that much…that’s a stamina bench for anyone of high school age and up with any decent strength. You should be putting that up 15-20 times easy

YepYep

Posted at 12:41 AM on November 29, 2011

Yeah, youre right. this dude is weak, im 15 weigh 145 lbs and bench 210-220.

shawn

Posted at 8:12 PM on March 15, 2012

you are 145 lbs and bench 210? wow, that’s impressive I am 145 lbs and I bench 125 lbs, my goal is to bench press my own weight.

Gabe

Posted at 11:57 PM on June 14, 2012

im 16, 135 and i max at around 205. helps so much when wrestling a kid who is my weight but benches around 155 haha

kelsey

Posted at 2:22 PM on April 26, 2012

thats hot

mifroj

Posted at 9:06 AM on January 8, 2013

no u dont

shawn

Posted at 12:44 AM on December 5, 2012

its about how strong ur chest is.