Jaycee Dugard's Captors Used A Stun Gun To Keep Her From Escaping! New Details

Fri, June 3, 2011 10:38am EDT by 12 Comments

AP Images

After yesterday’s sentencing of Phillip and Nancy Garrido, graphic information of Jaycee Dugard’s imprisonment was released.

In Jaycee’s shocking victim impact statement, she explained, “In the beginning he said that I was helping him and that, you know, he had a sex problem and that, you know, he got me so that he wouldn’t have to do this to anybody else. So I was helping him.”

Judge Douglas Phimster addressed convicted kidnapper and rapist Phillip Garrido and told him that he “reinvented slavery.” His sick “sex problem” is what led him to steal 11-year-old Jaycee en route to the bus stop.

“Basically what you did was you took a human being and turned them into a chattel, a piece of furniture, to be used by you at your whim,” the judge elaborated.

The public will probably never fully understand the extent of horror of Jaycee’s 18 years spent in captivity. After she was captured and tasered, she recalls waking up on the floor of the car and hearing “I can’t believe we got away with it.”

At the time, Jaycee said, “I don’t why you’re doing this. If you’re holding me for ransom, my family doesn’t have a lot of money.” But her twisted captor didn’t want money, he wanted her for his personal sex slave and told her that if she tried to escape, he would tase her again or she would be attacked by his vicious dogs.

Phillip’s wife Nancy seemed to believe this as well, and could barely look at Jaycee at times without crying. She would say “how sorry she was and she can’t believe he did it.” Her remorse, however, hardly absolves her guilt and the judge sentenced her to 36 years to life in prison, compared to Phillip’s 431 years to life.

Judge Phimster wanted the sexual details of the case to be withheld, saying “some of the testimony is absolutely disgusting. The graphic description of these events that occurred would shock adults, even adults who have a distorted view of intimacy.” Phillip even took videos of his lewd acts.

Jaycee’s memoir is set to be released this July.

–Brooke Peoples

rhonda

Posted at 12:44 PM on June 15, 2011

This makes me want to puke, those to scumbags should be hung up by there feet, and anybody who wants a turn with a bat,knife,razor,or maybe a broom stick for there assholes..I know i would be first in line. and what an insult!!!!! SHE ONLY GETS 36 YRS, AND HE ONLY 436 YRS….. THEY BOTH NEED TO DIE!!!!!! NOW…… ON A GOOD NOTE, I HOPE JAYCEE AND HER FAMILY LIVE A WONDERFUL LIFE, PLEASE TRY NOT TO LET THIS SCAR U, LIFE IS TO SHORT…GOOD LUCK

datzCrazii

Posted at 7:45 PM on June 9, 2011

frikken sick guy :/ it’s good thoug she lived but idk how her kidz are doing i wonder i very interested

samantha

Posted at 3:43 PM on June 8, 2011

I believe strongly in heaven and hell. But hell is described as EVERLASTING torment because they, the Garritos or whomever they are, will come to a FULL knowledge of what they did while here in this mortal life. Forever is a very very long time, and what kind of hell that will be I can’t even imagine.

Sunny

Posted at 11:12 PM on June 5, 2011

Your right Windy, I mean Wendy! My <3 to Jaycee!

Wendy

Posted at 11:06 PM on June 5, 2011

Excuse me Sunny and Stormy, hate to interrupt but this is a serious article that has nothing to do with the fact that you both have weather forecasts for names!
My heart goes out to Jaycee and her family, I pray that you may all heal from these traumatic events! May the Garridos rot in Hell!

Jane White

Posted at 3:15 PM on June 10, 2011

Actually she is very lucky, although 18 years have passed, she has two healthy girls, she appears in good health, and it is both a blessing and a miracle all three are ok.

She had a stun used on her when she was only 11. While unable to get away or do anything due to the stun gun, they grabbed her and forced her on the floor of the car. It mentions she blacked out and emptied her bladder, I suspect a body reaction to the extreme stress she was dealing with. It is not known if it was because she wet herself that she was stripped of her clothes and shoes, but from what I’ve read, when they got close to where she was held, they made her walk in her bare feet, with her head covered, wearing only a towel. I do not see any chance for her to escape, they had done everything to prevent it, stripping her near naked, taking away everything familiar to her, even taking away her shoes. She is then kept in a locked care for a year, probably naked some of the time and very likely kept barefoot. She was afraid of the stun gun and dogs, I don’t see any way should could have got away. She is very, very lucky to be free with her two daughters.

Sunny

Posted at 10:57 PM on June 5, 2011

Yes. Sunny Brooke.

Stormyrain

Posted at 10:55 PM on June 5, 2011

Thanks! Stormy Rain is my real name, is Sunny your real name as well?

Sunny

Posted at 10:48 PM on June 5, 2011

Ooops,you’re right Stormy, wrong article! LOL!!
BTW, love your name (weather forecast names are awesome)! LOL!

Stormyrain

Posted at 10:44 PM on June 5, 2011

@Sunny- What baby? I’m guessing you mean’t to post your comment on the article about the Mom that smoked 20 cigs a day,am I right?

Sunny

Posted at 10:37 PM on June 5, 2011

I hope they plan to take the baby away…poor little baby!

Eden

Posted at 9:49 PM on June 4, 2011

God, I can’t even read this without getting sick to my stomach…