'Vampire Diaries' Scoop: Candice Accola On Why Caroline & Tyler's Relationship Will Work Next Season!

Thu, June 2, 2011 7:50pm EST by 11 Comments

HollywoodLife.com speaks to Candice Accola about Caroline’s relationship with Tyler and why they have a chance at making it last! Plus, what will happen with Caroline and Matt?

Candice Accola sat down with us to chat about her Lyme disease fund-raising efforts, (more details on that soon!) and to give us her thoughts on next season of The Vampire Diaries. We’ve already heard from Michael Trevino on his hope that Caroline and Tyler will set a balanced example for Mystic Falls, but we wanted to hear what Candice had to say about the werewolf and vampireduo possibly getting together … and she didn’t let us down with her opinions on the relationship!

Read Candice’s thoughts on Caroline, Tyler and Matt below and check back with us to hear what she thinks of Elena and Damon, which embarrassing stories she has on certain costars, and all about her efforts to raise awareness for Lyme disease! PLUS we will post the full video of Candice’s adorable interview!

Do you hope that Caroline and Tyler’s relationship will continue to move forward in a positive direction?

“If that means that they both stay alive, then yes! If that means we can both keep our jobs, then yes I do! Yeah of course, I mean at this point it could go either way. What I like about the Caroline-Tyler friendship is that it has come from a non-sexually aggressive start. Caroline’s relationships have all sort of started with her wanting them. Even with Stefan, that pilot, she was after him, and this happened with Matt. With Tyler, it is out of the blue and it is based on a friendship. I think this shows the growth of the character and kind of shows what happens throughout life: you meet someone and value their friendship and beautiful relationships can grow from it. But there’s still Matt…”

Do you think that love triangle will continue into the next season? I know Matt let Caroline go now that he knows she is a vampire, but do you think they could still be in a love triangle?

“Maybe, I know it got to a point, after interviews, that I realized it has turned into a kind of geometry problem with who has dated who, and who is in a triangle with who. But I mean, it is still so early on, there is still a possibility for anything. I know it has been two years and two seasons, but it is still early on, anything can happen.”

I talked to Michael and he was saying he hopes that Tyler and Caroline have a stabilizing force on the rest of the vampires and werewolves and show that they can coexist and have a mature relationship. He maybe hopes that a little bit of romance might factor in.

“That is a very grown-up answer Michael Trevino! But who wants to watch television where everything works out? […] Well, of course, being on the show in respect to the characters, I want everything to work out. But as a viewer, I want it to be messy!”

So do you think Caroline is at the place where she can be mature enough and help Matt find a nice human girlfriend?

“I think Caroline has matured, but let’s not go crazy. I doubt she will be setting him up anytime soon. No, I definitely do not see that happening.”

Do you think Caroline has more chemistry with Tyler or Matt?

“I think she has a different chemistry with both. A very doe-eyed love and sunshine and roses chemistry with Matt, but she has a very comfortable chemistry with Tyler. She can just sit there and be a mess and be completely comfortable. So she has two different necessary elements of a healthy relationship with both. She should just blend them together.”

Lorena O’Neil

Follow Lorena on Twitter

Cyber-X

Posted at 1:14 AM on September 30, 2011

and i love the most on the, the end of the affair when caroline,s mom rescue her dougher caroline from her dad thruedning her husband to rescue her dougther and tyler helping her dougher to saver caroline that was the most exciting part for me that was the gift of christmas for me seen that scene of the end of the affair that was the most emotional for me i didn;t expect this tromendous gift of christmas for part of the directors and also the producers this is a surprise for me for part of all of you member of the vampire diaries to save caroline than kyou directors and the producers thank you for the botom of my heart thank you so much i realy do thank you

Cyber-X

Posted at 12:55 AM on September 30, 2011

i just greatful that the director and the producer did not wanted to killed Caroline in the season 3 of the vampire diaries coz she is a totaly a beauty the same as her mom and this gentlemen tyler michael trevinio he is a totaly a gentlemen for candice acola Caroline in the end of the affair thank you director and also to producers thank you to bring caroline back thank you so much i won’t get tire to thank you enough to see caroline back qnd to save her mom to caroline

ForwoodC.T

Posted at 6:59 AM on June 26, 2011

OMG!! I just love them!!! They are perfect for each other!!!
Thats the most intresting and exiting thing at TVD!

its just such a shame and disappointment that they not together in real life((

So at least they need to be tother on the show!!!

Forwood – FOREVER!!!

abbey

Posted at 1:27 AM on June 26, 2011

the no.1 reason for watching tvd love them so much

Gina

Posted at 12:17 PM on June 12, 2011

I love this couple and i have full my facebook with them!! <3
I would like if this couple exists out of the vampire diaries…

Natz

Posted at 8:34 PM on June 6, 2011

Im really bored with the Stefan-Elena-Damon triangle, and i hope that the writers dont add anymore love geometry into the mix. But I am loving the Tyler-Caroline story. Caroline is my favorite character on the show, and Im glad that Tyler has become such a sweet guy. Their relationship is what im looking forward to the most for season 3. That..and more Stefan ;)

Veronica

Posted at 2:45 AM on July 13, 2011

I agree! The Stefan-Elena-Damon love triangle is getting boring and I really think that Caroline and Tyler have stolen the show! Thinking back to the ending of season 2, I have absolutely no idea what happened with Stefan-Elena-and Damon, but I could probably recite word for word Caroline and Tyler’s part!!! At this moment, they are the only reason for me wanting to watch Season 3!!!

Milla

Posted at 6:05 PM on June 4, 2011

Absolutely!
I love Caroline and Tyler together!!!!!!!!! Hope they will be a real loving and caring couple!!!

melissa

Posted at 9:47 AM on June 3, 2011

Charlotte:Ditto!!! You said exactly what I was thinking. I’ll add Delena forever ;)

Charlotte

Posted at 4:04 AM on June 3, 2011

I’m dying for this relationship to start already! I’ve been wanting Matt out of the picture for a long time now. Finally Tyler and Caroline have a chance in season 3. I love Tyler and Caroline’s chemistry. I can’t wait for season 3 now!

Cyber-X

Posted at 12:46 AM on September 30, 2011

i m just very glad that caroline is alive from part of her mom and not being dead from part of her dad in the end of the affair thank you and thanks of her mom i love her mom she saved her dougher so much she is such a beauty