Shooting Rob Pattinson & Kristen Stewart's Wedding Scene In 'Breaking Dawn' Was An 'Emotional Day,' Says Co-Star!

Thu, June 2, 2011 1:00am EST by 9 Comments

Elizabeth Reaser says watching Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart shoot Edward and Bella’s wedding scene in ‘Breaking Dawn’ was intense — and it felt like real life!

Bella Swan and Edward Cullen’s wedding is one of the most anticipated film scenes of the year. Elizabeth Reaser, who plays Esme Cullen, dished about the coveted moment, saying Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson were so believable as bride and groom, they made the rest of the cast emotional!

“Seeing Kristen walk down with aisle with [her movie dad] Billy Burke. I mean, seeing Billy Burke killed me,” Elizabeth told MTV News at “The Art of Getting By” screening. “I understood in that moment what it’s like to be a parent and seeing Kristen and see her really be nervous and see Rob really, really be nervous, and the two of them [together with] the families coming together; it was an emotional day for real.”

Not only were emotions running high during the shoot, but so were the stress levels.

Elizabeth explained, “Well, the wedding scene was like a real wedding, in that it was stressful. It took a lot of planning, a lot of organization. That was stuff we were all dealing with [and it was like] you were planning a real wedding.”

She added, “And the nerves … I mean, there was an added element of nervousness when we were shooting it, maybe because there were helicopters and people jumping out of trees with cameras, but it was definitely a heightened couple of days on set. It took several days to shoot, and at a certain point you don’t want to be in a corset anymore.”

Despite the paparazzi surrounding the set, Elizabeth said the special moment was indescribable.

She explained, “But it was really magical, and vampires aren’t supposed to cry, and that created a real obstacle for all of us vampires.”

Be sure to catch the MTV Movie Awards June 5 to see the wedding scene unveiled for the first time. After that, we’ll have to wait a long six months for Breaking Dawn to hit the big screen! Are YOU excited? Sound off below.

Kirstin Benson

Naailah

Posted at 1:34 AM on September 21, 2011

WoOw…TaysS you are so handsome…I really like the Twilight Team…I’m waiting for “Breaking Dawn” to be debited…<3<3<3!!! Luv yOu TaysS, KrisS & RobsS…

bluebird

Posted at 3:11 AM on June 7, 2011

I’m more excited to see Rob and Kristen’s Breaking Dawn wedding than Prince William and Kate Middleton’s royal wedding! I’m more excited to see the wedding dress of Kristen! I’m more excited to see Rob as the groom! How I wish Bella and Edward have wedding album too!

Brine

Posted at 5:15 PM on June 2, 2011

Heck yeah i’m excited even to watch the wedding scene at the 2011 MTV Movie Awards Aaaaahhhhhhhh!!! TEAM EDWARD <3

lol

Posted at 10:45 AM on June 2, 2011

why show him all the time i want to see kristens dress just like new moon promo when they went on jimmy kimmel the film new moon was about taylor and kristen but what clip did they show yes rob fighting at the end of the film god stop pushing rob all the time you are killing me having to wait till sunday to see her dress not him in that god awful tux it is nasty and no he can not pull it off

Marthana

Posted at 3:08 PM on June 2, 2011

I buy almost everything except food and clothing from online auctions.Most people aren’t aware of the almost unbelievable deals that they can get from online auction sites.

The site that

has the best deals is http://snipurl.com/savingnow

and I checked with the Better Business Bureau and was told that it is all legit.

How they can sell gift cards, laptops, cameras, and all kinds of goodies that we all want for 50-90% off, I don’t know. I do know that I bought my son an iPad there for less than $100 and my husband a $250 Loews gift cards for $48.

Why would I even think about shopping anyplace else?

cindy

Posted at 7:40 AM on June 2, 2011

I love you Rob&Kris so much! I hope Rob&Kris is bride and groom in real life
sorry, my spelling!

bobby

Posted at 5:15 AM on June 2, 2011

i love rob expression..i bet he wish the scene is real wedding between him & kristen LOL…i want for real soon!!!i will pray to GOD for them!!!!

lola

Posted at 4:40 AM on June 2, 2011

I bet kristen and robert were cracking up at eachother the whole time, with her in the laura ingalls dress Stephanie meyers had to approve and Robert in his badly fitted tailed tux! So cute….

Jane

Posted at 10:48 AM on June 2, 2011

Badly fitted tux…no way..he looks really hot and sexy in this tux. I am sure it was emotional for they are so in love it seemed like the real thing to them which I hope for them that one day it will be. They seem perfect for each other.