Emily Maynard Wanted To Be 'The Bachelorette' & Never Planned To Marry Brad Womack!

Wed, June 1, 2011 9:53pm EDT by 9 Comments

Emily had her hopes set high that ABC would ask her to be the next ‘Bachelorette’ until ‘Bachelor’ Brad fell in love with her!

Emily Maynard wanted to be ABC’s next Bachelorette (over Ashley Hebert) and never really planned on getting seriously involved with Bachelor Brad Womack to the point of planning a wedding, source tells In Touch magazine. She didn’t even think Brad would choose her, let alone propose.

“She just wants to be famous,” says the source. “And she didn’t realize that Brad would actually  pick her. She never really planned on marrying him.”

Emily never really fell in love with Brad. “She wasn’t head over heels in love with him,” another insider says. “She never felt [that] kind of connection.”

Besides, “they just wanted different lives, and Emily couldn’t take it anymore,” adds the insider.

Especially when it came to having more kids, “she wasn’t ready to get married and have another baby right away,” explains the source.

And Brad’s insecurities just added to the end of his relationship with Emily. “When he felt insecure, he’d call her a lot, sometimes even after he’d been drinking,” says the insider.

Emily didn’t want to endanger her 5-year-old daughter Ricki with Brad’s bad behavior. “What was he going to do if Ricki did something wrong,” wonders the insider. “Just fly off the handle?”

BFFs — do you think it was a bad idea for Emily to accept Brad’s proposal if she actually wanted to be The Bachelorette?

- Lindsey DiMattina

Get More Bachelor Scoop Here:

1. ‘Bachelorette’ Ashley Hebert Says Ryan Park Made The Biggest Impression On Me!
  2. Bentley Williams Admits: ‘She’s Not My Type!’
  3. Emily Never Fell In Love With Brad!

Charles Myrick

Posted at 12:18 PM on May 31, 2012

Whats up very nice site!! Guy .. Excellent .. Superb .. I’ll bookmark your web site and take the feeds additionally?I’m satisfied to seek out numerous useful information right here in the submit, we need work out more techniques in this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .

best weight loss suggestions

Posted at 8:14 PM on May 24, 2012

Excellent post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Very helpful info specifically the ultimate phase :) I maintain such information much. I was seeking this certain info for a long time. Thanks and good luck.

Dee

Posted at 12:21 AM on June 15, 2011

Everyone thinks Emily is SO kind & sweet; but there is NOTHING kind OR sweet about using a man to advance your agenda. She allowed him to think she had fallen in love with him & was ready to build a future with him when all she REALLY wanted was a few more minutes of television fame. Truly beautiful women DON’T do this; oh, she may have the looks on the outside, but a beautiful woman through & through would NEVER play with a man’s heart this way. The fact that she’s building up stories now to make it seem that their breakup was all Brad’s faultmakes me lose whatever grudging little respect I had for her. Emily has become a very ugly person to me by her self-serving, “It’s ALL about ME” actions. Never was a big Brad fan, but even HE deserved better. If ABC everdoes choose her for the Bachelorette, it’ll be the first season in the franchise that I WON’T choose to watch. I will NOT opt to ewatch her toy with other people’s affections in her quest to become famous.

Anna

Posted at 1:36 AM on June 8, 2011

Basically, she just played him? Wow!

Clive

Posted at 10:06 PM on June 6, 2011

Wow Robin Earle, that huge wall of text makes you seem like a future stalker. Very telling how one sided you are given what has come out on both of them.

Robin

Posted at 9:35 AM on June 3, 2011

Robin Earle– you have commented on Emily on so many websites. Im convinced that you’re obsessed with her and should probably seek help. Trust me, for every ONE of you there are HUNDREDS that adore Emily. Shes not perfect and thats why we love her. Get a life. You look like an idiot.

robin earle

Posted at 2:14 AM on June 2, 2011

Emily was never going to leave her home and the Hendricks She should of left the show. She played Brad just as Bentley is Ashley..maybe not overtly cruel but left him with lies and a broken heart. I am not a huge fan of Brad’s but do see his love for his family and neices and nephews. He wanted love and she knew it. What a waste. I bet Emily was wishing she could of been the next in line. No way can U convince me she thought she would move. The thing that ticks me off is spreading bad stories about Brad and exagerating his temper, drinking etc is wrong. At least B does not throw her under the bus! I loved Em at first but this whole keeping it quiet and leaking bad boy Brad rumors is wrong..kissing and telling so people think B is the bad one. Can’t any one see how insecure she is and how she ranting and raged at Brad’s after every Monday night. It was clear she called the shots and Brad was willing to do anything! I bet he would of married her right there on after the rose. I wish Brad would get on face book where nice ladies could reach out to him. Ricki H did not get a chance to age and marry young to a ready made family at 19. With his job and travel and Em having to stay home to raise Ricki she would of been fighting with him about his where abouts at all time and he comes from a world with temptations. My brother died suddenly but he told me he wanted to divorce his wife one week earlier do to her abuse. The kids were raised with the glory of what their mom said, yet my 4 kids dad ran out on us. he was so kind but became very sucessful young and traveled and lost site of God. Can you imagine we never fought I had no clue, and he brought a younger women home had a step son and their son too and left his kids plain and simple. They can’t make up fanatasy stories about a dad. I tried but they were smarter. All have abondoment issues. Ricki did not grow into a man and with age comes mistakes and wrong choices. Of course Brad would have a past. I do not buy that he is older. Many women find love with a huge age difference and also if the age was an issue she knew that right from the start. She wanted to win just like Bentley she just did it in a nicer more decptive way. She took the chance for Band the others to find something. I have no doubt Ashley and Chantel love Brad and would of handled watching back the serious with maturity. No just like Ashgy;s new guy will have to do the same. have a feeling they understand certian things are part of the show bt the only thing that matters is who gets the last rose. I pray she stays off the show. With her money and not the pressure of work how could she not be a good mother it is all she has to do. Come all you single moms out there. How hard do you work wonderinf if you can pay the bills. No one to help. No fancy clothes, shoes, botox. I raised 4 alone for 10 years and made a choice I would wait until they were at least 16 before I thought of marriage. Turned out I waited 15 years. I had to move for him too. Best thing I did. I knew I could not have a man interferring in my kids and I so I waited until I did not have to worry. I have NO doubt she will slowly show up in the media..after Brad comes clean. That is why no appearences for now. It is just a shame she puts it on Brad instead of owning up to her deception,

BentleyApologists

Posted at 4:56 PM on June 1, 2011

Bentley was right. Emily would have been better to watch. bentleywilliamsapologists.wordpress.com

disco