Selena Gomez Is Over Being Hated For Dating Justin Bieber: 'It Gets To Me Sometimes!'

Tue, May 31, 2011 12:13pm EDT by 40 Comments

Up until now, Selena Gomez has been understanding about Justin Bieber’s fans animosity toward her — but the negativity is starting to get to her and hurts her feelings!

Even though she’s one of the most envied girls in the world because she’s dating Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez has handled her boyfriend’s hating fans with grace, saying she understands what it’s like to have a crush on a celebrity and feel protective over them. However, the haters are starting to get to the 18-year-old starlet and she says she’s fed up.

“The negativity is very uncomfortable,” Selena told Bliss magazine. “I mean, like, everybody goes through it if they’re in high school. Someone might bully you or say mean things — it’s just a part of growing up — but when the whole world has an opinion on you and says things when they don’t even know you, it’s harsh. It gets to me sometimes.”

Even though the threats, hate stares and criticism bug her, Selena tries to take the high road.

“Ultimately, if you fight back, they’re winning. I know it’s hard, but let it slide and it’ll eventually go away,” she explained.

She added, “Although I can read a thousand wonderful comments, one bad comment will throw me. If I’m honest, I can be too sensitive sometimes, but I try not to focus on it. Paparazzi intrusion is constant and that part is not really normal, so whenever there is a situation like that, where I don’t feel normal or comfortable, it’s very awkward for me and most of the time you’ll see me not looking very happy! But you just have to learn to get on with it.”

We think Justin, 17, and Selena make an adorable couple, but can totally understand how their PDA and intense love for each other could make Beliebers hurt inside. Nevertheless, that’s no excuse to send death threats!

Kirstin Benson

Need more Bieber?

1. Justin Bieber has a new movie and album in the works! Read all the new details here
  2. Justin’s first ever CMTV nomination!
  3. Did Selena diss Justin by saying she doesn’t love him?

HaterzAreNotMeantToBeAlive.

Posted at 5:16 PM on December 30, 2012

I don’t knoww. Tbh I really haven’t cared. I mean Ppl hate her cuz they have nothin betta to do. All those haterz out there I think shouldn’t have been born.

mike

Posted at 10:16 AM on June 22, 2011

hey haterz u guys should acutally be happy for the both of them because if u keep them happy u can keep alot of people happy and if u guys wanna go out with selena well i think the answer for u guys are no because justin and selena are TO MUCH IN LOVE and yes I LOVE SELENA GOMEZ….

nichole

Posted at 8:40 AM on June 19, 2011

if you are a TRUE BELIEBER you would SUPPORT Justin with anything he does and not let him down with anything that means him going out with Selena

nikkie callebs

Posted at 2:33 AM on June 19, 2011

ok , awwww to cute justin and selena aww again !!! NOTE for haters : okay stop acting like this it’s not nice dont you want justin and selena to be happy i KNOW i do , do you want justin to be sad ?! do you guys see that selena makes justin happy and smile ….. would you like if you fell in love , you always think of that person , you always want them next to you and more love , would you like if a lot of ppl keep telling you that you should break up even thro you like her or him and this is what you think i dont care bc i like you girlfriend or boyfriend , i KNOW I WOULDN’T LIKE IT , plus there pop stars soo its all over not like hight school in a gym ppl starting there love all over the world , ALL i am saying is STOP , GET OVER IT . AND I LOVE YOU SELENA GOMEZ AND JUSTIN BIEBER , your soo kool i wish one of these days i will see you ! and your a GREAT couple !!!!!!!!
LOVE NIKKIE CALLEBS (: <3

Missy Bottoms

Posted at 4:44 PM on June 15, 2011

Well, I honestly think that they are amazing together. I am a big fan of him, but i mean i understand how she can get tired of it. She has a lot of feelings for this boy and if it gets to her so much she might leave him. It will be all the fans fault for that. Justin wouldn’t be happy about it either. So i think all the fans should give her a brake cause what they say may effect them, and then Justin will be upset. Justin’s fans don’t want him to be upset. Do you?

Bani-Chan

Posted at 2:17 PM on June 14, 2011

That’s terrible. You people who are criticizing Selena are stupid. You don’t even know her. Leave her love life alone. If you have nothing positive to say, keep it to yourself. Imagine if you were famous and you were going out with someone. How would YOU like it if people were criticizing you?

Hannah

Posted at 2:36 PM on June 12, 2011

Hi, my names hannah and i am 17! I really admire Selena for taking the high road! I think it’s stupid how people act negatively toward Selena for really liking a guy. I really think people shouldn’t be so harsh on her when they don;t know her, just like Selena stated herself! Selena, you are so pretty and you are a brave strong young woman! Do not let the negative talkers get to you! You and Justin deserve eachother!(:

genesis

Posted at 12:38 PM on June 12, 2011

if u really r a fan of justin beiber u will leave selena alone nd if u r really selenas fan u will suport u they make a great coulple nd selena dont let it get to u desreve him and i think u guys should be togther for ever!!!!!!!!