'Mob Wives' Karen Gravano V. Drita D'avanzo: They Will Never Be Friends Again After Brutal Battle!

Tue, May 31, 2011 5:54pm EDT by 21 Comments

So much for Drita apologizing to Karen — both women confess to HollywoodLife.com that they can’t be friends with each other anymore!

The trust between Mob Wives co-stars and former friends Karen Gravano and Drita D’avanzo has permanently been severed! On the May 29 episode, Karen broke down into tears at Renee Graziano‘s house over the fact that Drita didn’t tell Karen herself that she married Karen’s ex-boyfriend Lee D’avanzo. Drita, seeing Karen in pain, quickly said I’m sorry. But the reality today is that neither woman has truly forgiven the other and that their friendship is beyond repair.

“For me, it was not about Lee,” Karen tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively. “I could have licked it in the butt and walked past it quick. We could have been friends and it wouldn’t have been drawn out if she said sorry and said it sincerely without hitting me with timelines and excuses and reasons for why she did what she did. But she kept missing the point — she kept thinking I was getting at him.”

Karen feels that Drita didn’t mean what she said at Renee’s house. “The bottom line is, Drita was my friend,” says Karen. “For a friend to be able to put some things in the past, you have to close the doors and be able to build on trust. So if she couldn’t apologize to me and she’s going to keep making excuses, I can’t trust her.”

Drita, on the other hand, can’t accept that Karen came into her home to talk the status of their friendship but instead started dissing Lee. “Friend, what friend” Drita asks us. “There’s no friendship once you do that. There is nothing there because you are insulting and calling him a scum bag.”

“I can’t see being friends with her,” continues Drita. “I just think that she crossed a line that I don’t think I really could come back from. In my heart, I don’t know if I could trust her.”

Drita’s apology wasn’t sincere. “I felt bad because she was crying,” admits Drita. “I’m a softy when it comes to anybody crying.”

Both women confirm that we will see more drama rise up between them in the remaining episodes of season one about the same sore subject .

BFFs — whose side are you on, Drita’s or Karen’s?

- Lindsey DiMattina

More Mob Wives Stories:

1. Drita & Karen Battle Over Lee!
  2. Karen & Drita Will Have Tension Over Lee!
  3. Karen Wasn’t In The Witness Protection Program!

Missy

Posted at 10:55 PM on February 4, 2012

I think drita is wrong for being with Karen’s ex they where friends its not about the man it’s about friendship it’s like girl code i don’t do that…

Kim

Posted at 11:21 PM on January 30, 2012

I love Drita!!!!

sera

Posted at 1:27 PM on January 8, 2012

Karen a shithead, a liar, hoe, slut, bitch, and a backstabber. the fight started because of karen. drita has no fault in this. now, all u Karen lovers, get real….Karen is a slimy shit headed bitch.

holli anderson

Posted at 7:12 PM on August 19, 2011

this is not about just screwing somebodies man its that drita MARRIED and made a whole life with her friends ex!Not cool at all!!!!!!!

Lizzie

Posted at 4:27 PM on July 10, 2011

i don’t understand why Karen was so upset, hurt and mad with Drita when she was sleeping with Dritas boyfriend while they were together. So in reality she has nothing to be mad about she always claiming friends what kind of friend sleeps with a friends boyfriend atleast Drita waited until Lee and Karen broke up before she started messing with Lee

Toletha

Posted at 4:31 PM on June 30, 2011

The issue between Karen and Drita has NOTHING to do with Karen’s present or past lifestyle. If she cheated on Lee while she was with him, that was between her and Lee and the person she cheated with. That’s their business! Besides, if some of you were paying close attention, you would have heard that when Karen cheated, she and Lee had a falling out/were temporarily separated. That’s not to excuse the cheating. Nevertheless, that’s not the point between Karen and Drita.

Karen is not romantically interested in Lee. For once and for all (hopefully), the “bone” that Karen has to pick with Drita is the lack of respect she showed for their friendship. Drita dated and married Karen’s ex and never bothered to give Karen a heads up about it. Karen had to find out another way. Those on Team Drita, put yourself in Karen’s shoes. How would you feel about a “friend” getting with one of your exes and never saying a word about it? And don’t say you wouldn’t care, cause you would! That’s just human nature. Who does that anyway!!?? Who wants a friend’s sloppy seconds!!?? I couldn’t imagine being interested in one of my friend’s exes, no matter how good they may look and no matter what they could bring to the table. That’s just an understood no-no. However, when someone is skank enough to do that, they ought to at least have enough decency for the friendship to be the one to let the friend know about it. As a simple courtesy, it would have been even better for Drita to talk about it with Karen BEFOREHAND to let her know she had an interest in her ex. I’m sure Karen would have said GO FOR IT (even if she was repulsed by it). But in that way, Karen would have been part of the process and not caught by surprise. The way Drita did it was total betrayal to the friendship. You know what BETRAYAL feels like, don’t you Drita??

I applaud Karen for even wanting to continue the friendship with Drita when she came back. And Drita’s excuse about they weren’t in communication with one another, therefore they were not friends, is so pathetic. So, if I don’t talk to one of my friends for 10 months, we are no longer friends??? Ridiculous! Pay attention Carla. Even if Drita didn’t consider Karen a friend, they were former roommates and acquaintances. So, they had a close relationship at one time (more than just I RECOGNIZE YOU WHEN I SEE YOU, SO I DON’T OWE YOU ANYTHING relationship).

Drita, you owe Karen an apology. She doesn’t want your man. She just wants a little respect. You know, the thing you always talk about and claim you do — Let’s see you really exercise some of that RESPECT you claim to have!

Jenna

Posted at 9:56 PM on June 28, 2011

Someone should tell Karen the phrase is “nipped it in the bud” not “licked it in the butt.” Just saying…

Fan

Posted at 11:34 PM on March 9, 2012

“Someone should tell Karen the phrase is “nipped
in the bud” not “licked it in the butt.”…”

Since, that was a quote from the interview, maybe the interviewer misheard what she said. I think she probably said, “…KICKED it in the butt…” Just saying … ;-)

Barb

Posted at 1:12 PM on June 27, 2011

Karen your a Ho big time your with Lee and F….ing everyone and thier brothers including your friends BF wtf is that loyaltie lmaoooooooooooo STFU and go bac to AZ

Cherry

Posted at 12:11 AM on June 27, 2011

Karen doesn’t come to the table with clean hands. If she was so upset about Drita being with Lee then why did she call her soon as she came back? After all of these years she wants an apology but saw nothing wrong with messing with Drita’s boyfriend or hooking up with every Tom, Dick, and Harry while LIVING with Lee. What’s up with that?? Who’s the ho? Who’s the backstabber? Looks like Karen is the one who can’t be trusted and ratted herself out but considering who her daddy is the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

masey

Posted at 10:37 PM on June 26, 2011

drita has something or “things” to hide or deep down she knows that she was wrong & karen is not out of line for feeling betrayed. seems to me drita did not tell karen about her & lee because she didn’t care, she just wanted lee. karen isn’t causing trouble for drita..drita is paranoid. karen was only being truthful in how she felt.

lindsay

Posted at 1:42 AM on June 15, 2011

drita knows nothing about loyalty. if she was a dude, she wouldve gotten killed for fu**ing with her “friends” ex!

Sophia

Posted at 3:31 PM on June 20, 2011

I agree…what a f#*%ing backstabbing b****. TEAM Karen all the way!!!

Kaylee

Posted at 12:09 PM on August 1, 2011

BOOOOO! It don’t matter Karen cheated on Lee & didn’t care! Plus it was a long time ago, Karen has NOTHING to be mad about!

Michele

Posted at 6:10 PM on June 30, 2011

You are so right!

itiswhatitis

Posted at 9:58 PM on June 14, 2011

bottom line Karen needs to get over it or just admit that she can’t handle being friends with Drita….which is ok. Drita can’t expect a deep connected friendship with Karen…hello, look what you did. Let’s be real

Toni

Posted at 2:50 PM on June 20, 2011

Maybe you didn’t read it carefully or seen the episode where Karen had explain her reason, nope huh? Ok, let’s see if you can handle this, Karen is not hung up on Lee, in no way shape or form she is interested in Lee. Karen is writing a book about her life in the mob or the lifestyle, that’s all, and yeah it is about her LIFE and therefore she has to write everything that was in her LIFE, and so she has no reason to make the book all about Lee, you people are giving too much credit for this idiot, remember the idiot that was talking shyt to his woman, Drita, the one who has called her out her name while he is sitting in jail and while Drita is taking care of the kids, household, bills, mortage, food, school, clothes for kids, the emotional status of her kids, and herself, and all of you think that Karen is writing about Lee throughout her book, how lame. It’s only a part of it, he is not the whole, Karen didn’t have any malious against Drita, she was honest with her from the start and she will tell Drita to her face, unlike Drita who likes to appear tough, but to me she is just angry and very insecure and all Drita did was talk behind Karen’s back instead of going to her face with the whole situation, trust me I bet if it was done like that they will still be friends, because that is what real true friends are, but hey we’ll see….

stacie

Posted at 8:42 PM on June 8, 2011

i am on karen’s side completely. i don’t think that she would want him back, but it’s the principal of the situation. you just don’t start dating your friends ex less than a year after they break up. then to get pregnant by him and marry him on top of that? how does something like that just not get talked about if you are such a good friend? drita is trash in my opinion, and karen should just cut her losses and be thankful for her true friends.

SoCalGal73

Posted at 2:00 PM on June 2, 2011

Oh the drama. I’m like a moth to a flame with this show.

Beyoncca

Posted at 10:54 PM on June 1, 2011

Drita is as nasty as her boyfriend Lee says she is.
Drita I seriously doubt that Karen would want Lee back, seeing as how he called you a “dirty pu**y bit**”. Perhaps Lee doesn’t respect a girl that would start dating her bestfriends ex of less than a year.
Drita is nasty. I doubt Karen wants a man that only calls to place his grocery order. Lee sure didn’t seem to care when Drita said she was done and wants to start dating. Lee called her by what her knows her as a “dirty pu**y bit**.
I AGREE WITH LEE

Kasi

Posted at 12:10 PM on August 1, 2011

F**k Lee it ain’t about him!