LAURA'S LOVE LIFE ADVICE: Should You Let Your BF Grope You In Public Like Selena Gomez Allows Justin Bieber To Do?

Mon, May 30, 2011 12:11pm EDT by 21 Comments

Selena let the Biebster grab in her butt in public while on vacation in Hawaii. Is this way too much PDA?

Selena Gomez and boyfriend Justin Bieber are clearly besotted by one another if their inability to keep their hands off one another is any indication. But is Selena letting it go too far by allowing JB to put his hands on her butt in public?

Although she’s 18 and he’s just 17, the young couple is already taking a vacation together in Hawaii (albeit with his mother), and they’re fulling taking advantage of their time. The two frolicked in Maui over the weekend, pausing for long make-out sessions and the occasional grope here and there. But should this be happening out in the open or behind closed doors?

Here’s the thing: Justin isn’t even legal. These two should not be engaging in such blatant displays of sexual behavior regardless of whether it’s in front of the guests at their hotel, the Four Seasons, or in the privacy of one of their bedrooms. Don’t grow up too fast, kids!

If they were a bit older, I’d still advise against it. No one wants to watch a heavy petting session. A couple who kisses and cuddles affectionately is adorable (and sometimes sickening if you’re single and over it) but not horrible.

There’s a fine line: you don’t want to be watching a pair who look as if they’re about to disrobe one another. That’s just gross!

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Arianna

Posted at 1:44 PM on July 28, 2011

I personally think they can do what they want. But I mean some of these people are right. They’re fans range from like 8 +. And although I’m 16 I like fun I like doing the same stuff with my boyfriend in public. But the fact that there fans are so young. When they see pictures like this they’re giving the wrong impression. I have a 10 year old sister. And she knows better but I mean other kids don’t. So don’t complain about the groping. You should be complaining about what the kids would do after seeing this. Even though this generation is messed up. But what do I know I’m 16. Right?

katrina

Posted at 7:57 AM on June 5, 2011

is it true that Selena’s having an affair with Nick Jonas…

natasha

Posted at 1:41 AM on June 1, 2011

Okay, seriously? Their teenagers and they are enjoying themselves. Just because they are famous doesn’t mean they arnt people. If he wished to squeeze selena, his girlfriend extra tight and give her a tender peck let them be. By god, learn to find quality things to post about. This is just plain tabloid gossip that is ridiculously inane.

LOVETHEBIEBS

Posted at 6:35 PM on May 31, 2011

OMG! are u kidding me??They are 17 and 18 years old!!Holding hands is not enough!What did you want them to do?building sand castles??They are way old enough!Believe me, many 14-year olds have already had sex, so this is totally normal for a couple of their age!Plus they really seem to be in love, and they look SO SEXY!!!

Unknown

Posted at 3:10 PM on May 31, 2011

Well I have to say no no. Im 22 and me and mine do not do that. i mean they giving away wrong signals to young boys and girls not in public like that i don’t agree but any where else in private sure. thats how some teens act so what ever ya know

Quinn

Posted at 12:02 PM on May 31, 2011

Sweeettt

blaize

Posted at 11:11 AM on May 31, 2011

The age of consent in 38 out of 50 states (including Hawaii) is 16 or 17. So Justin Bieber IS legally old enough to have sex. And Selena Gomez is 18 going on 19, so she’s old enough too. They both have the right to explore their sexuality. It’s not their fault they have no privacy.

J

Posted at 10:24 AM on May 31, 2011

I think that any type of PDA in public is gross (holding hands and a quick peck? That’s ok)…but they shouldn’t be groping each other in pubic. That’s nasty. Aside from that, people need to stop hating. They’re an awesome couple, and people need to get over the fact that they will NEVER have a chance, stop with the death threats, and let the two of them be happy.

jb

Posted at 8:22 AM on May 31, 2011

Call me a prude, but if I behaved like that in front of my parents at that age I would have been locked away and my dad would have thrown away the key. And what kind of mother allows her 17 year old son to bring his girlfriend on vacation and allow them to grope all over each other? I mean, it is one thing for teenagers to go sneaking off behind the bushes to make-out, but another to do it out in public for the paparazzi and everyone else to see. Then again…maybe that is exactly what they wanted to happen!

objective?

Posted at 6:31 AM on May 31, 2011

OK, they are a couple, so that’s just normal. What’s wrong with those people threating to kill someone? Because of a kiss?
Having said that… I still hate the fact that they’re doint in public. C’mon! They know the papparazis are going to go crazy over this, and they STILL do it??? It’s just so fake. Why would you want the whole world commenting on your sexual life? Who cares if it’s LEGAL? Doesn’t mean you have to do it, or worst, tell everyone!
If you are so in love, or your lust is killing you, whatever, do it where no one can see you! It’s so immature!
I don’t a problem with kisses, but the butt-grabbing is… JUST NOT RIGHT!

Marina

Posted at 4:23 AM on May 31, 2011

I think it’s perfectly fine. To be honest I’m not crazy about any of them. I don’t hate them either. I just don’t like it when people bash on them, writing “kill yourself” i mean, come on. An they are 18 AND 17. At that age they should definitely be free to do whatever they want to.

Btw in Denmark, you can have legal sex at 15. :D

Aleah Clark

Posted at 10:34 PM on May 30, 2011

I wish they could stop it with the Jelena thing. It’s driving people on this earth crazy!I mean,Justin is just too nasty. I mean, what is this? World warI? I just had to get that out of my system. I think they are just doing that for lust. This is my opinion.

rina

Posted at 9:17 PM on May 30, 2011

Every word laura just said is so true! AMEN!

RONALD

Posted at 8:41 PM on May 30, 2011

por fabor un poquito de respeto hay que comportarce como tal.

lemon

Posted at 7:31 PM on May 30, 2011

AMEN Laura !!! :)

every word is true xD

Dave101

Posted at 3:58 PM on May 30, 2011

Hey, if I was Justin, I’d be grabbing her butt too. I can’t really blame him for doing that. I just wonder if he’s getting to put it inside her yet; if he is, he’s one lucky little SOB. Selena must have one hell of a tight little pussy.

mariam

Posted at 2:15 PM on May 30, 2011

don’t hate selena and justin for fallin in love
get a life
they are cute couple
and if u are a true fan
you have to stand by their side
and if u are a real fan be happy for them

Debra

Posted at 1:56 PM on May 30, 2011

For People Who Claim That They Are True Fans Of Justin Bieber Shouldn’t Be Sending Rude Messages Or Death Threats To His Women Selena Gomez Because True Fans Don’t Do That! Plus God Put Us On This Earth To Love One Another So Stop The Hate!

dramasuckss

Posted at 1:53 PM on May 30, 2011

I may be a little conservative, but I think that kissing in the public is appropriate (as longest you’re not sucking your face), kiss on the cheek, hugs, but I think this is too much. This is (for me) something that should be kept behind the front door, especially if you know that the paps have a Google Alert 24/7 on you.

meiner

Posted at 12:57 PM on May 30, 2011

“Is this way too much PDA?”

Each person can decide for himself whether he wants to see these images and their website has published these images, not Selena Gomez or Justin Bieber!

JJ

Posted at 12:45 PM on May 30, 2011

I agree a hundred percent, I may be the only male to say this but I believe that to grope a date in public this way is very degrading to the date. I have more respect for my dates and believe in acting like a gentleman, But to try and suck her face off and groping every part of her body in public is wrong. And if your date doesn’t knock you for a loop, for trying these things then get another date.