Are Lauren Alaina & Scotty McCreery Dating? 'Ask Him,' Says Lauren! WATCH!

Thu, May 26, 2011 2:25am EDT by 79 Comments

When asked by reporters if her friendship with Scotty McCreery has turned into something romantic, Lauren Alaina plays coy. However, Scotty’s response set us straight. Watch their hilarious interactions!

Since we first saw Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina hit it off during Hollywood Week on American Idol, we thought they’d make an adorable couple. Then, when Scotty was declared winner during the finale May 25, Lauren rushed to his side and gave him a huge smooch! So did our dream come true? Are Scotty and Lauren the picture perfect Idol couple?

Well, if there’s one thing Lauren is good at, it’s teasing Scotty — especially when it comes to their relationship.

“They asked if we were dating and I told them to ask you!” Lauren, 16, said to Scotty, 17, as they both walked the press line after the show.

After he laughed off her comment, Lauren turned to us and said, “I mean, I’ll never tell. Secret’s safe with me!”

That said, Scotty — who’s mature beyond his years — doesn’t seem to take her too seriously and certainly isn’t trying to perpetuate any dating rumors.

“Everybody keeps asking me about the smooch. She told me she was gonna do that before the show. She’s a sweetheart,” the country crooner responded.

Later in the press room, Scotty laughed about Lauren’s kiss again, saying, “She’s a character, isn’t she? We’re really close friends…I don’t know about the dating part. She’s just being funny.”

Even though Scotty’s not playing into a relationship, we’d love for these two to wind up together. Their chemistry is great and they’re already best friends — plus they’re attractive. Scotty and Lauren would be like a young Faith Hill and Tim McGraw.

After watching these videos do YOU think Scotty and Lauren like each other? Sound off below!

Kirstin Benson

GET MORE ON THE AMERICAN IDOL FINALE:

1. Scotty McCreery Wins ‘American Idol!”
  2. Are Lauren Alaina & Scotty McCreery Dating?
  3. Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Carrie Underwood & More: The ‘American Idol’ Grand Finale Was Amazing! Pics!

janice

Posted at 12:14 PM on July 11, 2012

They’re both ugly… Scotty looks like a retarded child eeeeew!

Lauren is so fat! Looks like a whale! hahahah

h

Posted at 3:52 PM on June 19, 2012

They are not good together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meiden

Posted at 4:55 PM on June 14, 2012

This is very fascinating, You’re a very skilled blogger. I have joined your feed and stay up for in the hunt for more of your wonderful post. Additionally, I’ve shared your website in my social networks

macady

Posted at 2:28 PM on June 14, 2012

they are are not a good couple he is mine

Hazel

Posted at 9:55 PM on April 29, 2012

No he is mine

Amanda

Posted at 9:11 AM on March 30, 2012

Well for one Lauren and Scotty are just so cute together! They flirt alot and well would just be perfect for eachother! I hope the best for y’all!!

grace

Posted at 7:01 PM on March 15, 2012

Laren and Scotty sitin in a tree kissing. Frist comes marrige then comes the baby in the baby carage.

sheely seymour

Posted at 6:23 PM on March 6, 2012

I think they should date because Scotty is hot and lauren is pretty and they will be the hottest couples out there please date because yall r be so cuteeeeeeeeeeeee together:)

Alaura Wood

Posted at 7:48 PM on March 9, 2012

i know right they would a REALLY cute cupple i LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Scotty and i
think lauren has a great voice and she is pretty like ME LOL :)

I

Posted at 12:11 AM on February 24, 2012

Lauren and scotty shoud solo date that is my number 1 wish they would be such a cute couple and I love scottina. P.s I came up with scottina love u guys

Mariah Campbell

Posted at 6:14 PM on March 24, 2012

Scotty McCreery & Lauren Alaina SHOULD date <3 that's my number one wish, and they flirt all the time <3 lol there adorable :D Like…. idk they sure do have somethingg thats for sure!<3
LOVE YOU GUYS!<3

roxy

Posted at 2:27 PM on February 5, 2012

girl i’m sorry but he is my age

Angeleigh

Posted at 1:09 PM on January 20, 2012

I think they would make a good couple but one day IM GOING TO BE MS.McCRERRY!!!

Angelina

Posted at 3:08 AM on January 17, 2012

i think Lauren & Scotty should date, because they are the only contestant i loved the most, &because they have cute voices, i love how they supported each other during their last performance, and yeah, Scotty & Lauren Should date, i believe that they’re gon be the most toughest couple in all young adult relationship. i don’t care about what other people say but chyeah, ya’ll just haters, even if they dont fight fo ther relationship, i have a feeling that they’re work things out pretty cool ! so yeah !

i love Scotty & Lauren !

PamVine1

Posted at 10:19 PM on January 16, 2012

Whoever thinks they shouldn’t date is totally messed up in the head!!! And people who don’t know are the same!! The only reason I don’t think they should date is because I wan Scotty he is soo freakin hot, and I thought that ever since I saw his face and his voice is hot too!!!! But I still think they should date because I’m never ganna get him:((( I love you Scotty McCreery!!!<3

PamVine1

Posted at 10:14 PM on January 16, 2012

I totally agree,lol. But other wise they should date!! Iloveyou Scotty!!!

Pamvine1

Posted at 10:11 PM on January 16, 2012

You two would be the CUTEST COUPLE IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!!!! You two should really date, not even kidding!!

AmericanIdolFan

Posted at 8:01 PM on January 15, 2012

I think they’d b the WORLD’S CUTEST COUPLE !!!!
but, as we all know, it s not about how his hair matches her, or how good she looks on his arm. It’s about how much they love eachother

mel-jay tiana

Posted at 10:06 AM on January 10, 2012

girls girls girls!!!get a life and stay oouutt of their lifes…..i think they sould go out coz they both look hot together….lauren deserve scotty more than you guys doo…soo get outt…;)

kourtney

Posted at 8:36 AM on November 28, 2011

personally i do think tht the would make A GOOD couple! but he is so hott i would still be jealous!!!;)

Madison

Posted at 7:05 PM on November 7, 2011

I think they would be a great coupl personally

Mailyn

Posted at 2:28 PM on November 6, 2011

I don’t think they should be together because I want him lol :) he is gorgeous and he has great values!!

Kattiebugg:)

Posted at 11:35 AM on October 27, 2011

i think things in life are strange you never know when things will actually happen until. Later in life they do. Like this guy i been datin he is amazing but crazy half the time. But if people wana ask if lauren and scotty are really datin just think of it as a thing that they don’t want people to know so they could be but then again they prolly are really really close friends. So let them be happy as friends and stop with the rumors cuz at my school that’s all you here.Everywhere you go there’s drama, rumor’s and it isn’t worth your time so stop with it and let some people be happy as who they are….. Thank you

TipOfMyTongue11

Posted at 11:49 PM on September 1, 2011

This comment is for Brandi, Rita, and Jessika. I believe that Scotty and Lauren would be a great couple! I agree 100% with Kenna. There is not a chance in Hades that you guys will ever have Scotty, so just deal with it. You guys are so immature. Lauren and Scotty are both christians and have their own beliefs. It is sacriledge to squander someone for being who they are. So what Lauren has a playful side! I bet Lauren gave Scotty that lap dance too. So ponder on that you creepy stalkers. I don’t see how people like you can stand yourselves. Always wanting what you can’t and never will have. I wish Scotty and Lauren the best. Yall should get in line with me and the rest of their fans. I dare you guys to say somethin’ like that in the presence of us. We’d cut you down. Quit bein so negative that’s why Scotty and Lauren are compatible. They aren’t heartless and inconsiderate like you bimbos. Get a life and stay out of theirs!

BRANDI

Posted at 5:39 AM on August 15, 2011

I LOVE SCOTTY SO MUCH since i first saw his face! :) and i really never liked lauren and i dont think they are good for eachother and im not just saying that cause i love him its just not that good for eachother!!

Rita

Posted at 2:24 AM on May 31, 2011

Thank God for my DVR! I recorded the finale so I could watch what I wanted to and fast forward through the rest of the “stuff”. Total Snoozefest IMO. I won’t be buying the Country duo’s music. Also, did anyone else notice that Lauren practically lap danced for Steven Tyler during the group performance at the beginning of the season, yet felt uncomfortable about singing the lyrics, “I’m evil” towards the end of the season? Both Scotty played out their “Christian” values to win the Christian votes, Scotty kissing his cross and Lauren acting all shy and innocent. Blah!!

BRANDI

Posted at 5:41 AM on August 15, 2011

i tottally agree with u scotty should not be with someone like that!

jessika

Posted at 11:47 AM on August 20, 2011

Your just jealous brandi because you didnt get to see him

Kenna

Posted at 5:00 PM on May 27, 2011

Honistllly, Scotty so deseved to be the Amercan idol. Hes the only reason i watched the show. Him and Lauren weould be adorable, and im not just saying that. They really would be .. i mean to country singers with great voices and tons of chemistry. I mean it would be weird if they dident. So im all for him and lauren dating. i love you scotty ♥

bailey