Are Lauren Alaina & Scotty McCreery Dating? 'Ask Him,' Says Lauren! WATCH!

Thu, May 26, 2011 2:25am EST by 79 Comments

When asked by reporters if her friendship with Scotty McCreery has turned into something romantic, Lauren Alaina plays coy. However, Scotty’s response set us straight. Watch their hilarious interactions!

Since we first saw Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina hit it off during Hollywood Week on American Idol, we thought they’d make an adorable couple. Then, when Scotty was declared winner during the finale May 25, Lauren rushed to his side and gave him a huge smooch! So did our dream come true? Are Scotty and Lauren the picture perfect Idol couple?

Well, if there’s one thing Lauren is good at, it’s teasing Scotty — especially when it comes to their relationship.

“They asked if we were dating and I told them to ask you!” Lauren, 16, said to Scotty, 17, as they both walked the press line after the show.

After he laughed off her comment, Lauren turned to us and said, “I mean, I’ll never tell. Secret’s safe with me!”

That said, Scotty — who’s mature beyond his years — doesn’t seem to take her too seriously and certainly isn’t trying to perpetuate any dating rumors.

“Everybody keeps asking me about the smooch. She told me she was gonna do that before the show. She’s a sweetheart,” the country crooner responded.

Later in the press room, Scotty laughed about Lauren’s kiss again, saying, “She’s a character, isn’t she? We’re really close friends…I don’t know about the dating part. She’s just being funny.”

Even though Scotty’s not playing into a relationship, we’d love for these two to wind up together. Their chemistry is great and they’re already best friends — plus they’re attractive. Scotty and Lauren would be like a young Faith Hill and Tim McGraw.

After watching these videos do YOU think Scotty and Lauren like each other? Sound off below!

Kirstin Benson

GET MORE ON THE AMERICAN IDOL FINALE:

1. Scotty McCreery Wins ‘American Idol!”
  2. Are Lauren Alaina & Scotty McCreery Dating?
  3. Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Carrie Underwood & More: The ‘American Idol’ Grand Finale Was Amazing! Pics!

Cj

Posted at 11:34 PM on March 4, 2014

Scotty i am your biggest fan you sent me a pix that u signed your self u and laurn dont make a cute cuple i love u call me love cj fyi #you have a cute but lol <3

rachel james

Posted at 4:05 PM on January 22, 2014

lauren alaina better leave scotty mcreery alone

Emily Michalski

Posted at 3:26 AM on July 10, 2014

No I don’t think they should date he deserves someone much older and experienced

Boc 💞

Posted at 12:10 AM on July 14, 2014

I think that you should stop being so obbesive and leave your nose out of it. What are you jealous or something seriously get a clue. If he wanted her to leave him alone he would have done something about it already. So don’t cry about it get over it.

Jessica Terry

Posted at 3:30 PM on May 15, 2013

Scotty I promise one day I will meet you and I will give u a big hug and a kiss on the cheek I love u so much I love to sing to and I am learninvto play the piano and I know how to play the drums also and I think that u and Laurie would be a great couple because u already know so muck about rack other and I can see it in your and her eyes that u love rack other when y’all lok at rack other And smile I love u Scotty and FYI I’m not an obsessed fan that would kill I’m a layer buck fan but I really love u when I see your face I get butterfly’s in my tummy an I’m only 14 but I love u sooooooooooioooooi much and I won’t u to know that;) love u to the moon and back!!!!!!!!!!

haley

Posted at 6:45 PM on February 10, 2013

OMG way to ruin my day i cant belive this :(

macady

Posted at 7:30 PM on December 2, 2012

the are not a good cupel

wordpress

Posted at 1:20 PM on July 11, 2012

You are really a excellent webmaster. The website loading velocity is incredible. It sort of feels that you’re doing any unique trick. In addition, The contents are masterwork. you have performed a magnificent process on this subject!