‘Kung Fu Panda 2′ brings fun, family, and fur back to the big screen!
The sequel to 2008’s Kung Fu Panda continues the story of Po, played by Jack Black, as the lovable panda who sets out to save China from the evil peacock Lord Shen, played by Gary Oldman. In doing so, Po not only reunites with the voices of Angelina Jolie and Seth Rogen amongst the “Furious Five,” but discovers the truth about his identity. Hollybaby.com attended the NYC premiere on May 23 and we can tell you it doesn’t matter if you’re 4-years-old or 40 — you’ll love this summer flick!
Here are 5 reasons why you should definitely check out ‘Kung Fu Panda 2′ when it fights its way into theaters:
1. Originality: You don’t need to have seen the first Kung Fu Panda to understand that Po is a lovable and often times goofy character. The sequel begins with little introduction of the characters, however moviegoers will be quickly captivated by the quick-paced, action-packed plot.
2. Fight Scenes: Don’t be fooled by the PG-rating – this sequel packs twice the punch in its fight scenes which are all illuminated by phenomenal 3D elements.
3. Which brings me to my next reason – 3D Elements: The filmmakers really kicked up the role of 3D in the movie. Most prevalent in the fight-scenes, moviegoers will be ducking and dodging in their seats as fireworks, swords, and bunnies come flying out at their face.
4. Jack Black: It’s no lie that Jack was obviously typecast to play the role of Po. This film lives up to his acting standards as a JB fan of any age will enjoy seeing this silly, cheerful actor once again carry out his outrageous antics as a panda.
5. Concluding Message: Children’s movies always seem to have the same clichéd messages: “be a good person,” “do the right thing.” But this one has a message that you can’t help but actually listen to: we all have scars in our life, but we can’t let those get in the way of living as a sensible human being (or in this case, a panda, peacock, tiger, mantis, or monkey).
Don’t worry if you haven’t seen the first one; be sure to check out this hilarious heart-warming sequel when it hits theaters May 26!