Casey Anthony Trial — Her Defense Now Claims She Was Sexually Abused By Dad!

Wed, May 25, 2011 1:09pm EDT by 9 Comments

Casey’s attorney, Jose Baez, is trying to get sympathy for the mom accused of murdering her 2-year-old. What do you think?

The death of Caylee Anthony, an innocent 2-year-old girl, remains a mystery while her mother, Casey, stands trial. The story broke in July 2008 when Casey finally reported her daughter missing an entire month after her disappearance.

The case has received so much media attention due to Casey’s blatant negligence, her hard-partying right after her daughter’s presumed death, and the fact that Casey’s parents didn’t report their granddaughter missing either, despite living together. The mom had also googled the words “neck-breaking” and “household weapons” on the family computer, as well as how to make or buy chloroform.

The trial, which began May 24, continues to captivate the country with many people believing Casey needs to be brought to justice. Her defense, however, has different plans. Casey’s lawyer, Jose Baez, is arguing a completely different chain of events than those that have been uncovered. Could it be true or did he come up with a brilliant way to clear his client of guilt?

Baez conceded for the first time that Casey’s original story of leaving Caylee with a babysitter — never to be seen again — was untrue all along. He now says she drowned in the family’s swimming pool on June 16, 2008 while Casey’s father [Caylee's grandfather], George Anthony, was home.

Her lawyer is also claiming she was sexually abused as a child. “Her father came into her room and began to touch her inappropriately.” The event allegedly took place when Casey was just 8-years-old, but a despondent George denied the claims in his testimony.

Baez also claimed that both Caylee’s grandparents, Cindy and George, knew of her drowning  death all along, and that when George learned of the alleged drowning, he became irate and “got in her face.”

Prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick said that duct tape was found over the mouth and nose of Caylee’s skull and around her hair, indicating that the murderer never intended to take it off. This makes its pretty hard to believe that the cause of death was drowning, even though the autopsy could not determine the exact cause.

Baez claimed that Ray Kronk, the meter reader who found Caylee’s remains in the woods about a half mile from the family’s residence, somehow obtained the body and placed it there in order to get the cash reward. Ray, however, said that he was simply relieving himself and happened to stumbled upon the little girl. When asked how Ray could have gotten the body, Baez simply said “We may never know.”

This is all pretty hard to swallow, but I have to say I am anxious for a verdict.

–Brooke Peoples

kia smith

Posted at 8:52 PM on June 27, 2011

as i was reading one said how can she take her daughter well when one is abuse they also abuse your mind this is something one cannot control even sadly when it comes to your own child i have been there thankfully god watch over me and my kids i have 2 both grown now but please dont judge casey as we as people just dont know is she still the victim or did she have something to do with it or did she simply do it we just dont know … to much of this is going on in the world and its sad.. thanx for hearing me out this is just my opinion…

jessy

Posted at 4:29 PM on July 5, 2011

I have been abuse as child and I would never think of hurting my child, that changed me to be more envolved my kids and to make sure nothing or no one will get that chance to hurt them. I never grow up thinking, “oh I was sexually abused let me hurt my child. I never felt sorry for myself. You chose to be who you want to be your the one main person responsible for your future.

kia smith

Posted at 8:44 PM on June 27, 2011

i think that the meter man had something to do with the killing of baby and hid her remains and or the grandparents molested the baby using chlorform to sudate her so she did not know what was happening and accidently or meaningly killed her then put her in pool to claim she drowned bcuz didnt george anthony have babys body in his hands and roy kronk called 911 3 times and this should be accesive to murder or something????? and the grandmother looking at chlorform ???? what is that and only 1 person the mother is being looked at to me this is not right i think they have the wrong person and dont forget that george was accused of molesting his daughter did they ever look into that what does this say to people when others say to report child abuse why ?? nothing will happen one might say!!!may little caylee rest in piece and the lord will watch over casey i think she is a victim once again….thanx kia

JESSY

Posted at 4:25 PM on July 5, 2011

I don’t think you have been listening very well, the 911 call that Cindy made and then putting caysee on the phone she acted like nothing was wrong she was very calm. I have 2 kids and if my child was missing for even a few hours I would be going crazy now this child was missing for 31 days and she was very calm. Come on now use your common sense. Only because there was not enough evidence and as they say your innocent til proven guilty. but all the signs were there. All I have to say is she is the only one that really knows what happened to her OWN child and she will have to live with that for the rest of her life.

bkisses

Posted at 7:51 AM on June 13, 2011

this girl is a pathological liar. she claims her father abused her sexually and why would she ever take her own daughter over her fathers house if her own father abused her.. why would she take her own little girl to her grandfathers home knowing he abused her (casey). this doesnt make any sense. i would do everything in my power to protect my daughter.. and wouldnt want my father around her. this whole family sounds messed up. the father also denied he abused his own daughter.. why didnt she say something before all of a suddenly this comes out now while shes in trial. casey was out partying while her daughter was missing i couldnt be able to speak let alone party if my daughter was missing i would be clutching my heart …. and would report this way before as soon as she was missing.. this all is to fishy and casey knows she murdered her own daughter and she never showed any remorse for it now but all of a suddenly shes crying and showing remorse i think her lawyer told her what to do.

lisa

Posted at 6:48 PM on June 10, 2011

i do believe casey was sexually abused; however, research shows children sexually abused grow up with sexual problems! the media is saying casey always partied also that shes into women! also casey and her mother always had fights… and she claimed her mother called her a whore… im sorry thats not the adult way to handle a situation when it comes to your daughter in danger….maybe if she would have got her daughter help in the first place none of this would be brought up about being sexually abused! i beleive that whole family has issues and are all lying!!!

vic

Posted at 1:20 AM on May 26, 2011

They can make up whatever story they want but anyone with even a partial brain knows that if your child dies, the grief can kill you! It takes FOREVER to get over the death of a child…for the first year, you walk around in a daze…just hoping for death to come…nope, she killed that baby. THAT is the only explanation for her actions. I do NOT believe the Dad sexually abused her, period!

Unbelievable

Posted at 1:49 PM on May 25, 2011

Wow. Well, I guess we shouldn’t be too surprised — they have had three years to work on all of these outlandish scenarios…

If the poor baby ‘drowned’, how do they explain the duct tape? I can’t think of one single time I’ve ever heard of anyone swimming or playing in the pool sporting duct tape around their head.

These people are idiots.

Dragonfly

Posted at 1:35 PM on May 25, 2011

Prison is too good for this one…