Chloe Says: Justin Bieber & Miley Cyrus Need To Cool It On The Tattoos!

Tue, May 24, 2011 9:50pm EST by 53 Comments

I totally understand that young stars feel the need to mark big occasions in their lives, but why do it with permanent ink?

I firmly believe that Justin Bieber, 17, and Miley Cyrus, 18, are going to regret getting tatted up. These Hollywood teens have proudly displayed their new ink in recent days. Now that Miley revealed her sixth tattoo on May 17 and Justin showed off his second on May 22 — it’s time for me to tell them that this must stop!

Justin hit the beach in Hawaii with his girlfriend Selena Gomez with a brand new addition to his torso … a giant tattoo in Hebrew letters that reportedly means “Jesus.” I think it’s great that Justin is proud of his faith, but he doesn’t need to deface his body.

Tattoos are HUGE in the music industry … almost every single one of my favorite artists have tattoos somewhere on their bodies. I’m not against tattoos. Believe it or not, I have one! My issue is this: Justin and Selena are just kids. Justin isn’t even 18 and he already has two.

Miley and her mom took a trip to Brazil last week and you could clearly see her mom Tish‘s full back tattoo of angel wings. Miley then decided that it would be a great idea to get her sixth tattoo! A well known Brazilian tattoo artist came to her hotel room and inked her with an anchor, which was supposed to symbolize a “safe place.”

I get that these young stars are money makers for their parents and are growing up quickly in a fast paced industry. However, Justin’s mom Pattie and Miley’s mom Tish need to step in and tell them “NO!” (Although, since Miley is 18, she doesn’t need her mom’s permission.)

Being so young and getting something so permanent should require more thought. Even if the meaning behind all of the tattoos is special, these guys shouldn’t need a tattoo to show off their passions.

Justin and Miley should be more like Taylor Swift and Ke$ha who opt to write in permanent marker instead of getting permanent ink! I’m not trying to preach, I just think these guys need to be a few years older before they start treating their bodies like an easel.

— Chloe Melas

KATY

Posted at 6:04 PM on May 28, 2011

JUST LET JUSTIN AND MILEY BE PEOPLES

KATY

Posted at 6:00 PM on May 28, 2011

I THINK MILEY SHOULDNT GET ANY MORE

kate

Posted at 9:11 PM on May 26, 2011

hey here’s an idea, how about we all go do something with our lives while we still have them, instead of worrying about ppl who don’t even know we exist, yea i like that idea :)

Somebody

Posted at 9:34 AM on May 26, 2011

I’m getting a half sleeve tattoo soon.

salt chlorinator

Posted at 1:07 AM on May 27, 2011

Yeah me too. Can you share your idea of the design? LOL

maddi

Posted at 2:08 AM on May 26, 2011

and who the hell are you to say what and what not they need to stop doing?
and “defacing” their bodies?
thats just archaiec.
waste of an article

AsherSmash

Posted at 11:37 PM on May 25, 2011

If you truly think the hebrew letters tattoo is giant, please get your eyes checked. Also.. they are celebrities.. they have money for the costly laser treatments should they decide they don’t want tattoos anymore in the future.

Lux

Posted at 7:56 PM on May 25, 2011

I have nothing against tattoos and plan on getting at least one or two of my own, but I’m 19 and have been planning this for years. Justin Beiber isn’t even legally old enough to get tattoos without permission, though two really isn’t excessive. As for Miley Cyrus, she’s just stupid. Six tattoo at 18 is just absurd. She doesn’t have the image to pull it off, so she just looks like a dumb teenager with too much money on her hands and not enough brain in her head.

azrael

Posted at 10:47 AM on May 26, 2011

You’re awfully judgmental, aren’t you? Just because a person has multiple tattoos doesn’t mean they’re stupid. It’s not like she’s doing anything illegal or dangerous.

4peterkh4

Posted at 5:55 PM on May 25, 2011

what justin did is totally meaningless.. defacing the body is against one of the 10 commandmants. how can he be proud of his religion and disrespect it at the same time :S

pedro

Posted at 6:56 PM on May 25, 2011

How can you be proud of your religion and not even know it? There is nothing in the ten commandments about defacing your body. It also says “ye shall not judge”. So how about before you try pulling a religion card you get off the internet and read your bible so you have some clue as to what you’re talking about.

AsherSmash

Posted at 11:41 PM on May 25, 2011

There isn’t a commandment about defacing your body. It might be written elsewhere in the bible, but it is most definitely not a commandment. Google it.

courtes

Posted at 5:04 PM on May 25, 2011

is anyone forgetting that demi lovato also has three

samy

Posted at 3:02 PM on May 25, 2011

miley is crazy she has 6 tattoos too much

JusSayin

Posted at 2:23 PM on May 25, 2011

I have to say for Miley and Biebs – WAY TO CONFORM !

jason

Posted at 2:42 AM on May 25, 2011

Its called fear of not being noticed. Miley is experiencing first, Justine will very, very soon. We used to call their fame “flash-in-the-pan”, which is exactly what they are. Neither has staying power. Give it 2 years and you’ll be saying “Miley who?” and “Justine who?”.

Tats are a way to keep the paparazzi on you…when your talent fails to do so.

bvg

Posted at 2:27 AM on May 25, 2011

Saying that you’re not against tattoos and calling it defacing a body…….. Doesn’t quite match does it?

Guess I could never work for Hollywoodlife; I’m not a conservative narrow minded liar.

jason

Posted at 2:45 AM on May 25, 2011

The staffers at HL can’t even spell. Why get bent out of shape about their opinions? Ever heard of the word “loosing”? Me neither, but somehow HL thinks its a word (guess they don’t have dictionaries in their office).

seedfff

Posted at 11:50 PM on May 24, 2011

◎★◎i very like web==lets go◎★◎

believe you will love it.

====( w w w )( jordans forking )( c o m )

BEST QUALITY GUARANTEE!!

What up its Me

Posted at 11:35 PM on May 24, 2011

I think the writer has to stop being so conservitive and close minded.

kendra

Posted at 11:13 PM on May 24, 2011

O my… really! Miley maybe but not Justin. Miley has how many 5, but they all mean something to her. Justin has 2 small ones they are nothing, and once again they mean something to him. Its their bodies and they can have tattoos if they want to. They are not the only stars that have tattoos on their bodies.

tatME

Posted at 10:12 PM on May 24, 2011

OH GIVE IT UP! They can mark their body if they want, they are the ones living with the ink not YOU! It doesnt make them bad people/bad role models (although miley is a bit trashy) I like J.B’s tat especially since its been suggested he got it while in Israel and it obviously has a very deep meaning to him. To some just the act of getting tatted can be therapeutic/spiritual.(Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox etc.) I personally have many tattoos all w/ a specific meaning to me. I think you should lay off them and stop judging, you didn’t judge Demi Lovato for her tats so why start now?

aj

Posted at 8:40 PM on May 24, 2011

Whoever wrote this story clearly hasn’t done their research. They said Justin and selena are just kids. Do you not know that selena gomez is OLDER than miley Cyrus. Although they’re both eighteen…

toni

Posted at 6:15 PM on May 24, 2011

I have a tattoo! and i means something to me and I was 15. Yes I was to young but I don’t regret it!
Miley and Justin can make their own choices! hell, I’d rather have them getting a tattoo with meaning then just getting something stupid on themselves. Chloe your so annoying! . and your a hypocrite.

Alli

Posted at 6:07 PM on May 24, 2011

SHUT UP ABOUT THE TATTOOS. i’m glad they got them. tattoos mean something to the people who get them and it’s THEIR DECISION. you’re such an annoying blogger; i can’t get over it. dosigha[efoigh[se

javi

Posted at 5:50 PM on May 24, 2011

chloe this article is stupid tattos have been around forever and what do you think about the ones marines/army people have tattos have special meaning to people the face of your kids tattoed in your chest or the simbols of your religion yes some people take it to far but we own our bodies and we have the right to do what ever we want to do with it.

blaize

Posted at 5:34 PM on May 24, 2011

Miley Cyrus is 18 and will be 19 in less than 6 months. Selena Gomez is 18 and will be 19 in 2 weeks. They’re not children, they’re adults. That’s what the world needs to realize. I don’t see you people criticizing Demi Lovato, Megan Fox, or anybody else in Hollywood for having tattoos. It’s perfectly legal and harmless.

Dax

Posted at 5:02 PM on May 24, 2011

Huh. I actually think that looks pretty good on him. When I read that he’d got inked I pretty much said “Oh no” outloud as I was imagining some garish tat he’d regret in a few weeks’ time. But I’m totally feeling the one he’s got right there.

disco

Posted at 4:27 PM on May 24, 2011

I have multiple tattoos and they represent times or things THAT ARE IMPORTANT TO ME!

ez

Posted at 4:03 PM on May 24, 2011

I think tatoos are a personal choice – and you cannot label it as being wrong just because you dont get it.
Its a form of art and something deeply personal for alot of people. Nothing to do with “De-facing” their body.