Katrina Says: Selena Gomez You Looked Stunning, But You're Too Young For That Sexy Dress!

Mon, May 23, 2011 6:43pm EDT by 8 Comments

Va Va Voom! The gorgeous starlet looked phenomenal in a cutout gown — but I like it better when she isn’t dressing so sexy.

Not only is Selena Gomez super cute and totally talented, but she’s also very wholesome — and that’s why I love her! I commend the star for making her way through her teenage years in the spotlight without having a rebellious phase or prancing around half-naked. While most young stars succumb to the pressure of fame, Selena manages to stay true to herself, even now that she’s 18-years-old. I definitely embrace the way she’s experimenting with her style now that she’s an adult, but I was a bit taken back when I saw her in the black Dolce & Gabbana cutout gown, complete with thigh-high slit.

Selena definitely looked stunning, putting her flawless figure on full display while she sat next to her boyfriend, Justin Bieber, at the 2011 Billboard Music Awards on May 22 — but it made her look much older than her 18 years. The star stepped out of her comfort zone, and if you’re going to experiment with your look an awards show in Vegas is definitely the right time. While Selena still managed to look sophisticated and neat in the frock, seeing her so sexy just doesn’t sit well with me!

I know Selena’s getting older and she won’t stay covered up forever, but I still think she has a lot of time and many red carpets in her future to look so sexy. Sure, her hemlines are getting shorter and so are some of her necklines, but it’s totally understandable. Selena is experimenting with her style and coming into her own look — I just hope next time she leaves the severely sexy frock on the rack, at least for a few more years.

Do you agree or do you think I’m being a bit too hard on the star?

Katrina MItzeliotis

Get More From Our BFF’s at Glamour.com

1. 15 Healthy Snacks Under 150 Calories
  2. The Cast of Bridesmaids on Their Biggest Wedding Gripes—and Advice
  3. 15 So-Called Imperfections Women Obsess Over but Men Love
  4. 23 Red Dresses That’ll Make Your Spring 10 Times More Fun

brenda

Posted at 5:59 PM on July 9, 2012

i disagree she is turning 20 on july 22 she is not too young to wear that dress with the cut outs she is just growing up deal with it. it happens to every one like it did to lindsey lohan and raven symone

mimimi

Posted at 1:02 PM on May 24, 2011

Selena Gomez is 18 years old- she’ll be 19 in a few weeks. 19 IS NOT TOO YOUNG TO DRESS SEXY! She’s an adult. She has the right to wear whatever she wants. She’s not a little girl anymore. Why people expect all of Hollywood’s 16-19 year old starlets to dress and act virginal and innocent all the time I’ll never understand. If you’re old enough to consent to sex then you’re old enough to wear whatever you want. It’s not wrong to show skin- even if you are under 20. Calm down.

Cricket

Posted at 3:18 AM on May 24, 2011

It’s “taken aback” and I thought she looked stunning! I would have liked the dress better without the slit but it’s still a beautiful dress.

Mikayla

Posted at 12:08 AM on May 24, 2011

you’re being so tough on her ! she’s a woman now and deserves to look beautiful and ‘sexy’ if you will . she looked perfect .

maria

Posted at 12:00 AM on May 24, 2011

well at least she’s pretty, she does have a figure worthy enough to be showed off. i love that dress on her, she still looks cute and fresh and sophisticated and yes, sexy (: maybe it would have been better for some people without the cuts at the waist line, i am sorta one of em, but i still think it looks good on her. she makes all outfits look great and she’s such a beautiful girl!! this is actually not that bad for just starting to step outta your comfort zone, she is not as bad as Miley thank good. and i think it is good timing considering Wizards just ended.

sarah

Posted at 7:55 PM on May 23, 2011

she looked stunning, as always. it was a bit risky but i have seen prom dresses more revealing then that. she wears everything so tastefully. i think its gorgeous!!!

ez

Posted at 7:42 PM on May 23, 2011

Leave sexy clothes for a few more years?? Are you kidding me?? She has to wait till she’s over 20yrs old to wear sexy clothes???
Dumbest crap I’ve ever heard. She looked amazing. It was tasteful , sexy and funky at the same time and I think age appropriate.

Jo

Posted at 7:08 PM on May 23, 2011

I think you’re being a tad bit too harsh. I love Selena for all the same reasons that you do and have enjoyed watching her grow into a beautiful young women. It was nice to see her grow without exposing certain parts of her body in concert or in photos.

But looking at this beautiful dress I see a mature young woman who is still covering up more parts than young stars. She also is covering more parts than she did when she wore that blue bikini last year.