'Hunger Games' Star Jennifer Lawrence Admits She'll Be Speechless When She Meets Kristen Stewart!

Sun, May 22, 2011 2:44pm EST by 24 Comments

The ‘Hunger Games’ star is often compared to the ‘Twilight’ lead, but Jennifer says she’d be starstruck around Kristen!

Jennifer Lawrence has big shoes to fill as Katniss in The Hunger Games, as many are speculating this trilogy will be as epic and successful as the Twilight series. That said, the hot newcomer is still in awe of Kristen Stewart, who plays the analogous female lead in the Twilight films!

Jennifer, 20, says although she hasn’t met K-Stew, 21, she wouldn’t even know what to say to the star, MTV reports. But chances are because they got their biggest roles from highly-successful novels, the pair will be able to find some common ground.

“No, I haven’t spoken to her,” Jennifer said. “I don’t really know what we’d say. [We’d] just be like, ‘Books! Who knew?'”

What do you think HollywoodLifers? Will Hunger Games be the next Twilight?

– William Earl

More on ‘The Hunger Games:’

1. Which character from The Hunger Games books didn’t make it into the movie? Exclusive
  2. Is ‘The Hunger Games’ the new ‘Twilight’?
  3. Elizabeth Banks cast as Effie in THG!

Amparo

Posted at 9:49 AM on June 7, 2012

I read a lot about how she was too old to play 16-year-old Katniss. Looking at this pic, and some others, she looks so much yungoer than her age, especially 16. She looks great for Katniss and I hope her acting is equally great.

Mrs. Stewart

Posted at 11:06 AM on April 14, 2012

LOL JENNIFERS FACES I CANT. Too funny

Nicky

Posted at 1:13 AM on February 29, 2012

I’m looking forward to see The Hunger Games movie and I hope it’d be interesting but I’m not dissing Twilight. I’d say I’m the fan of both actresses. They’re beautiful and good actresses. I think people should not compare the two girls who is hotter than whom cuz the voters will go straight to the one they really love. That’s crappy. For me, I just can’t compare the two movies, like which one is better cuz the movies characteristics are totally different, one is about action but the other is about romance between human and vampire. I’m excited for The Hunger Games as well as Breaking Dawn.

bluebird

Posted at 11:53 PM on February 12, 2012

i don’t like jennifer lawrence

azalea31

Posted at 7:21 PM on November 27, 2011

I believe the only reason these two stories are being compared is because they are popular among people! That’s about it! I don’t think it should matter who’s prettier because they are both beautiful women whom God created. WE ALL ARE!!! The right question is who is the better actress! It would be Jennifer in my oppinion but that doesn’t mean Kristen can’t improve. I honestly hope she does so she can be known as more than just Bella! I also think Jennifer makes an AMAZING Katniss Everdeen!

Joyce

Posted at 2:34 PM on July 19, 2011

Essa garota nunca chegara aos pés da Kristen , ela é feia …
Kristen é mais bunita .

Hera

Posted at 5:56 AM on June 30, 2011

Why are the people in here so bitter? WE MUST all keep in mind that we should not say foul things to a person especially her attitude and personality. Why? For those who are anti Jennifer Lawrence, have you ever met her? You must not judge her because you didn’t ever meet her in the first place. What has she done to you? NOTHING. And remember she is an award-winning actress, with full of wits. But personally, I love Hunger Games because it’s more realistic and at the same time, it’s full of action, survival and a little touch of romance.

Steff17

Posted at 8:01 PM on May 28, 2011

she is ugly sorry!!

SRSLY

Posted at 11:41 PM on June 21, 2011

How like you to throw Jennifer under the bus the first chance you get. KStupid fans show their true colors by badmouthing all of her competition. Well get used to articles like this and get used to Jennifer becoming much more popular than Kris. Jen can actually act and was nominated for an Academy Award. No one wants to see Kristen’s movies, outside of Twilight none of them has made a profit and all she can win are popcorn awards.

Jennifer will be around long after KS is forgotten. Blinking, stuttering and mouth breathing can only go on for so long and then you stop getting cast in films because no one wants to see that over and over.

ej

Posted at 6:53 PM on August 10, 2011

Im a fan of both of them they are awsome actors both pretty young womem

Person

Posted at 10:28 PM on May 22, 2011

Um. NO. She said that like they wouldn’t really have much to say because all they really have in common is movies based on books. Nothing she said or did implied she was in “awe” of Kristen. I’d be disappointed in her if she would.

Blue

Posted at 9:14 PM on May 22, 2011

So they are saying The Hunger Games is going to be the next Twilight because it was also originally a book targeted at teens? ARE YOU SERIOUS? Twilight and The Hunger Games are nothing alike! Twilight is a book about a girl falling in love with a vampire, The Hunger Games is about a futuristic world where kids are chosen by the lottery to fight to the death. There will be no rivalry between the two! Stephanie Myer even commented saying she loved The Hunger Games! This is so stupid, Jennifer didn’t even say she felt starstruck about Kristin Stewart. I don’t even know why I bother reading this stupid articles because they are so stupid.

Channie

Posted at 9:01 PM on May 22, 2011

LOL! It seams like they are trying to make them hate each other. That’s sad. Honestly, they are both beautiful so what does it even matter? What, we can’t like both? That’s stupid. I don’t even think anyone knows Jennifer that well, because at first I was like, who the heck is she? But now I know she’s that girl from Winter’s Bone. I don’t know a lot about The Hunger Games, but I’m reading it right now (on chapter 7) and it’s nothing like Twilight. So why the heck are they comparing it? They are going to have a totally different fan base! I personally was never a fan of The Twilight Saga (not a vampire girl) so I think people who aren’t huge vampire fans should defiantly read the books before the movie comes out because the best part of the books is being able to imagine things and say “WHOA!”

Princess

Posted at 8:52 PM on May 22, 2011

I love her! She’s so funny! WTF are they talking about, Jennifer Lawrence isn’t starstruck! This heading is really misleading. I think she’s better than Kristin Stewart and I wish people would stop comparing Twilight and The Hunger Games because the only thing they have in common is that they are both based on books targeted at teens. That’s about it. If they keep comparing it, everyone is going to think The Hunger Games is some sappy romance with vampires directed at chicks, which is the total opposite.

Honey

Posted at 4:40 PM on May 22, 2011

There’s something about her I can’t stand. Don’t get me wrong, I think she’s lovely but I don’t why I hate her. I’ve been trying to convince myself to like her but no such luck. It’s like I hate her even more.

justin

Posted at 11:51 PM on May 22, 2011

me toooooo….

nad80

Posted at 12:42 PM on February 11, 2012

Me too…I don’t know why but i still think kristen stewart is more better than her..sorry guys..

YRUFY

Posted at 4:37 PM on May 22, 2011

WTF?! If you actually watched the video she said it would be awkward between the two not that she is starstruck.

m.

Posted at 4:36 PM on May 22, 2011

Taking the micky???…what in GOD’S name does “taking the micky” mean?. How exactly is Jennifer Lawrence putting Kristen Stewart down?. As far as going far in Hollywood is concerned, Jennifer’s career is doing extremely well. By the way, the who is hotter???oh my GOD…they are both beautiful women how about that?. How about who is the far superior actress?…now that would be Jennifer Lawrence.

paula

Posted at 4:25 PM on May 22, 2011

Is she taking the micky because kristen did not read the twilight books before she was cast in the film and jennifer said she did so i think she was having a dig at kristen then say they would talk about books seems like shes taking the micky but kristen read them all after she was cast she only dose films that more her so the twilight story touched her before she read the books how awesome is that also rob did not no about the books so shes taking the micky i think not a good thing to do if you want to go far in hollywood dont put anyone down i have never heard kristen put anyone down

bobby sam

Posted at 11:50 PM on May 22, 2011

agree with u paula!!!…kristen never say bad thing about people that she didn’t know / meet them in person…i hate when people say bad thing about kristen LOL…i feel so bad for kristen…i really love her…

aj

Posted at 4:22 PM on May 22, 2011

Oh, and no offense intended toward Kristen Stewart AT ALL. I just think it’s kind of silly how some seem to want to build a rivalry between these two and it would appear that both actresses are doing just fine.

JayJay

Posted at 6:46 PM on August 10, 2011

that is so correct both of them are great actrsses

aj

Posted at 4:18 PM on May 22, 2011

WHY would Lawrence be awestruck???her career is red hot, she’s talented AND beautiful and in demand working with the best in the business and she’s well liked because she’s natural about it all. Come on guys…that’s a total HL interpretation. I really don’t think Jennifer Lawrence would be left awestruck after meeting Kristen Stewart.(LOL!)