Taylor Lautner V. Alex Pettyfer- Who Would You Rather See Strip?!

Fri, May 20, 2011 3:11pm EST by 18 Comments

Alex Pettyfer beat out Taylor Lautner for coveted stripper role to play a young Channing Tatum! Read how he did it!

Beastly hottie Alex Pettyfer beat out Twilight heartthrob Taylor Lautner to play a young Channing Tatum in Magic Mike, a film about his stripper beginnings before hitting the big time. According to sources, the actors were battling for the role for some time. So, how did “bad boy” Alex beat out “golden boy” Taylor?
According to E! Online, both Alex and Taylor really wanted the role.

Filmmakers in the Steven Soderbergh movie were reluctant to hire Alex due to rumors of him being an “asshole” and “difficult to work with.” So what made them change their mind?

“He flew himself to New Orleans where Channing is filming 21 Jump Street and blew him away,” the source explains. “He met with Channing and Steven, and they felt he was the perfect guy to fill [Channing’s] shoes […] Steven is all about being real and he sees that in Alex,” our spy says. “Plus, the role is kind of punky, so his badass side will serve that.”

Sounds like Taylor’s good-boy image will stay intact!

Alex will be starring opposite Demi Moore in the film. Sounds like one hot cast!

What do you guys think of Alex beating out Taylor? Was that the right decision? Sound off below!

Alli Holt

Get More On Alex Pettyfer!
  1. Dianna Agron Over Alex Pettyfer?
  2. Hollywood Snubs Alex Pettyfer for His Bad-Boy Reputation
  3. Dianna Agron and Alex Pettyfer Call Off Engagement!

AROT project

Posted at 6:10 PM on July 6, 2012

I’ve been surfing on-line greater than 3 hours lately, but I by no means found any attention-grabbing article like yours. It is pretty value sufficient for me. In my opinion, if all website owners and bloggers made excellent content as you probably did, the internet will be a lot more useful than ever before.

Jeena

Posted at 6:14 AM on July 25, 2011

My panty always fall down everytime I see Alex! What more if I see him strip! :-)

San

Posted at 4:02 AM on July 24, 2011

Definitely Alex. He has a promising career and acting prowess to offer. He certainly deserves a different genre of roles.

nina

Posted at 2:59 AM on July 24, 2011

No one else, but Alex. Can’t wait for the movie!

Linda

Posted at 2:59 AM on July 24, 2011

I’m in total awe of Alex’s hotness!

jamie

Posted at 2:57 AM on July 24, 2011

By far it would be Alex Pettyfer! It’s not because of this bad boy image being pinned on him, but because of his know-how, adorable nature and physique.

olivia

Posted at 9:27 PM on May 21, 2011

If Taylor was stripping in a movie, it sure would make a lot of money at the box office;P

Jen

Posted at 4:16 PM on May 21, 2011

It’s no competition, Taylor lost the role to Alex (TWO WEEKS AGO) and I’m glad. I don’t want to sit in a theater full of Twilight psychos and listen to them scream and gasp when “Jacob” takes off his clothes.

I think Alex is perfect for the role and he’s NOT a bad boy, by the way. He’s far from it.

aquarius64

Posted at 6:33 PM on May 21, 2011

I think Dianna Argon disagrees with you.

lovelyhaha

Posted at 7:54 AM on May 21, 2011

On the other hand now we know what Finn and Keiro would look like side by side if they were both cast in the rumored adaptation of the book Incarceron which Taylor seems to be tied to. Both fit the characters, even Alex’s rumors of him being scummy and rotten fit Keiro’s characteristics.

lucky taylor

Posted at 7:45 AM on May 21, 2011

1. It’s so not true!
2. If it was true thank god Alex got that role or should I call it the dumbest ever role about some not so famous guy who was a stripper.
3. If it were true, he’s leading lady would have been Demi Moore!! ROfL wtf! Awkward,creepy, and weird! Plus all her movies have gone to the crapper.
4. Taylor doesn’t even look like Channing Tatum and Alex is cookie cutter close to same looks as Channing.
5. Taylor has expressed more than enough ways in different media outlets and mediums that he hated the shirtless stuff and would not want to reprise that in any role any time soon,especially if its a erotic type of shirtlessness. Not too mention he would have to take off more than a shirt!
6. Tay may be legal as far as age,but come on,he barely is and who would give a stripper role to someone barely legal! Would there even be an audience given the majority of Taylor’s fanbase?
7. That movie script makes no sense as far as why,and who would care!
8. Taylor lautner is the luckiest man on earth to not have to play such a terrible role based on some silly eekie sleazy no nonsense plot
9. Feel free to add to this list on why this rumor is so unbelievably false or the why’s of why Taylor would not have pursued a role like this!

Alex

Posted at 3:36 AM on January 28, 2012

10. Cuz he knows Alex is hotter then him

bradin

Posted at 12:38 AM on May 21, 2011

chris is totally right. the guy who wrote that writes the ugly truth. also taylor wants to do more Adult roles but i dont think he would do anything like that. and this movie about channing tatum stripping noones is gonna go see it. all i can say is alex pettyfer=lindsay lohan channing tatum bio pic=i know who killed me nuff said

What?

Posted at 3:38 AM on January 28, 2012

Whoa, why wouldn’t someone go see a movie with Channing Tatum, Matt Bomer, Joe Manganiello, and Alex Freaking Pettyfer stripping? They are so hot!

Marianne

Posted at 8:33 PM on May 20, 2011

I laughed when I saw this story. Yeah, Taylor is really going to do a stripper film! This story is just to generate traffic because of Taylor’s name.

chris

Posted at 7:14 PM on May 20, 2011

This is an interesting story, but it isn’t true. Instead of just printing someone else’s lies verbatim, maybe do some actual research? Here’s the real story directly from Alex: “I literally just got a phone call out of the blue.Steven called me and he goes, ‘Hey, it’s Steven Soderbergh,’ and I was like ‘Oh, okay.’ I didn’t really believe it at the time. He goes, ‘I’ve got some stuff I’m going to e-mail you and if you respond, then let me know.’ I read it and it was amazing. It’s an amazing story. It’s got some clearly amazing people attached to it. I called him back and said, ‘What do I need to do to be a part of this?’ and he said, ‘Just say yes.’ I’m a very lucky man.”

mariam karim

Posted at 7:05 PM on May 20, 2011

I say taylor should give it a go

Lara

Posted at 3:44 PM on May 20, 2011

Taylor, obviously. He is the hottest, no-one is hotter. But I really don’t think Taylor would do this role. He’s got a lot of other projects right now, why would he do this?