Johnny’s tied up! Romance is in the air for Captain Jack Sparrow! Mermaids kiss sailors — and so much more!
Looking for an action-packed movie that’s good for the whole family? Johnny Depp is back — this time with Penélope Cruz — in the fourth installment of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. And it’s the best one yet!
While the first three were fab, but maybe a tad bit too long, On Stranger Tides is cut to the perfect amount of time — and it keeps you wondering what’s going to happen next. From fairytale magic and romance to betrayal and battles, this movie has it all!
Here are my five reasons why you MUST go see Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides when it drops in theaters on May 20:
1. Johnny Depp’s physically tied up! He’s simply dreamy — there’s no other way to put it. If you haven’t fanaticized about him before, you definitely will after seeing Johnny’s arms bound.
2. Taste of romance. Johnny’s character Captain Jack Sparrow finally falls in love. Who would have thought it possible? But he does — only you’ll have to watch to find out if the object of his affection returns the feelings.
3. Magic is everywhere. Can a mermaid walk on land? Can she save a sailor’s life? Is her tear the special ingredient needed to activate a potion? All these questions are answered.
4. Battles are fought. Pirates stage a mutiny against Captain Blackbeard, but his ghost ship retaliates to protect him. Does Blackbeard save his title as captain of the Queen Anne’s Revenge?
5. Lies and deception. Blackbeard has a daughter named Angelica who loves him unconditionally, but does he feel the same in respect to his daughter? When it comes to a life or death, who will Blackbeard pick, himself or his daughter, to live?
Make sure you have your tickets to opening night because this is a flick that you just can’t miss!
– Lindsey DiMattina
More Pirates of the Caribbean Stories: