'Breaking Dawn' Should Be Rated-R Says Volturi Leader Michael Sheen!

Wed, May 18, 2011 2:56pm EST by 7 Comments

Twi-hards can’t wait to see Bella lose her virginity to Edward in the next ‘Breaking Dawn’ film but will it be too hot for most of their fanbase? That’s what some stars of the film are already saying.

Robert Pattinson‘s Twilight co-star agrees — if you take your child to see Breaking Dawn you might be covering their eyes for most of the film. HollywoodLife.com spoke with Michael Sheen who plays Aro the head of the Volturi clan at the Cinema Society & Thierry Mugler screening of his new film Midnight in Paris on May 17 and Michael revealed Breaking Dawn Part 1 will be “intense.”“I haven’t seen it [the film] yet but the scripts and stories are pretty full on,” Michael laughs. “There are a lot of major things that happen … certainly to Bella. I think it’s pretty intense and I agree with Rob.”

Michael is referring to Rob’s interview in Entertainment Weekly when he revealed he didn’t understand how the filmmakers were going to slap a PG-13 rating on the film set to hit theaters Nov. 18.

“There’s some interesting and weird stuff going on — really very, very, very strange. It’s great. For a big mainstream movie, it’s the most obscure storyline and really outside the box,” Rob says. “It’s a horror movie. I’ve seen a few bits, and I just can’t see how it’s going to be PG-13 unless they cut everything out.”

Michael agreed that it’s bittersweet that filming has wrapped and that it will be a big “adjustment” for all cast members.

“I wasn’t there at the very end because they had been shooting for a very long time, six months or something so I did all my stuff in a very condensed period of time,” Michael tells us. “It’s had such a huge impact on the lives of the cast and changed people’s lives enormously so I think they’ll find it a big adjustment. I had a great time on all the Twilight films I’ve done.”

— Chloe Melas

tlc858

Posted at 1:38 PM on June 1, 2011

I think the movie should be exactly like the book. I agree with trh36….Make one PG13 for the teens and one Rated R for adults. I dont see how anyone can think its wrong to show every scene. They are married, in love and on their honeymoon. It should, if nothing else, make kids and teens understand that they should wait until marriage to have sex.

melissa01

Posted at 10:08 AM on May 21, 2011

I honestly thought that they might make this last film PG-13 so no surpise there but they musy know to the aivid readers of the books what they are expecting to see if they cut out all of the scenes they are going to have many dispointed fans. If the movie is not true to the the book I know if the movie is not like the book for me then I guess I will be left dispointed lets just hope they do right by the book and the way it is written heres to hopeing

xFF7xGIRLx

Posted at 8:37 AM on May 21, 2011

As if Harry Potter has better fans!! Shut up!!

hpftw

Posted at 2:52 PM on May 19, 2011

HARRY POTTER IS THE BEST! HP FTW!!! :)
we will always have better fans. :)

Michelle

Posted at 10:58 AM on May 19, 2011

There is 0 chance it will be rated R. Stephanie Meyer is Mormon and we don’t watch rated R movies. I’m pretty sure that was part of the deal she made when she sold the rites too.

xclairex

Posted at 6:37 AM on May 19, 2011

if they make it a r rated then they will loose loads of there fans i no theres loads of twi mums but there is loads of kids as well so keep it pg13 and put hot stuff on bonus dvd then we all happy i saw the leaked sex scene and kristen so tiny under rob you cant see much of kristen i no i shouldnt of looked at the footage but hay i couldnt help it

trh36

Posted at 10:10 AM on May 21, 2011

I think they could make it either way. They could still keep it pretty clean if it was Rated R, there are so many R-rated movies out there that aren’t really bad at all. It just depends on the movie.,
But, what they need to do is make a PG-13 version for the little kids that love the SAGA and then an adult R-rated version available to buy on DVD, so that us ADULTS that LOVE the SAGA can enjoy the parts that we are looking forward to and not be deprived just because they don’t want to loose the TEENY-BOPPERS of the SAGA. This way they get both audiences and both audiences are HAPPY ALL AROUND!!!!!