Emily Maynard: I Never Actually Fell In Love With 'Bachelor' Brad Womack!

Wed, May 18, 2011 4:40pm EST by 14 Comments

Emily reportedly went on ‘The Bachelor’ to further her career, not to fall in love! Now, Brad’s obsessed with her and can’t let her go!

Has Emily Maynard been leading Bachelor Brad Womack on since the day she met him while filming the hit ABC reality show in 2010? Emily reportedly claims that she never fell in love with him, despite accepting his proposal on the March 14 season finale!

“She told me, ‘I pray every day that I could fall in love with Brad,'” a friend of Emily’s tells Life & Style magazine. “It’s just such a mess.”

So why did Emily go on the show in the first place — and then pretend to be Brad’s ever-loving fiancee? “She wanted to get more jobs hosting and maybe some modeling work,” says photographer Krista Lee, who worked with Emily in the past.

And Emily actually used the weeks of filming as time to network within the entertainment industry. “During breaks from filming, Emily would leave Brad to sit by himself so she could talk to [BacheloretteAli Fedotowsky,” a source shares. “She asked Ali a ton of questions, like how she should go about getting an agent and what endorsement deals were out there.”

“It was clear she was ambitious,” adds the source. “When the cameras are off, she’s very businesslike.”

But the fact that Emily’s heart has never been in the right place has not swayed Brad from vying for Emily’s affection. “Brad is crazy in love with Emily, almost to the point of obsession,” says the friend. “He’s really possessive of her. She told me once that he called her 17 times in a day.”

Maybe this explains why Emily had to finally call it quits with Brad last month — she just couldn’t force herself to live the lie anymore.

BFFs — do you think Emily lead Brad on the whole time? Share your thoughts with us!

- Lindsey DiMattina

More Bachelor Stories:

1. ‘Bachelorette’ Ashley Hebert Says Ryan Park Made The Biggest Impression On Me!
  2. Bentley Williams Admits: ‘She’s Not My Type!’
  3. ‘Bachelorette’ Recap: Ashley Hebert Gets Charmed By Player Bentley Williams!
  4. Brad’s Drunk Dialing Emily!
  5. Emily Broke Up With Brad For Good!
  6. Emily Spends Mother’s Day Bradless!

Jones sabo of baguettes with the rush of shines pl

Posted at 11:24 AM on April 16, 2013

I had been wondering if your web hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances times will often affect your placement in google and can damage your high quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords.

What??

Posted at 12:41 PM on May 31, 2011

I live in ALABAMA and I see girls all the time that make her look like crap, why is he obsessed with her? She doesnt have personality.. They are both goofy.. He needs to get out more, if he thinks she is all that.. Lameness..

mari

Posted at 12:07 AM on May 25, 2011

That sappy voice and she seemed so shy……look out!
first clue………

May

Posted at 4:01 PM on May 24, 2011

Well that explains why Emily was so wishy washy on ATFR. She doesn’t love Brad. She just wanted fame! He should have chosen Chantal instead. Stupid Brad, real stupid.

fay

Posted at 7:56 AM on May 19, 2011

Why dont you wait and see the end result with this couple before jumping to your own concluson, you might be in for a great surprie.Do some detective work on twitterand you might just find the truth hidden in some of these tweets

Shamar

Posted at 12:18 AM on June 19, 2011

I hope you are right! I would love to see them together for good. I think Brad messed up when he played so seriously with every girl, especially Chantal. If he knew Emily was the one so early on he should have kept it cleaner. I believe he has good inside and Emily is good for him. I have a hard time believing she didn’t love him. I hope they can work it out after all.

amethystlady2

Posted at 4:49 AM on May 19, 2011

Brad is the phony and the douche bag…I don’t see how any female could ‘love’ him. He is a JERK!

Krista Lee

Posted at 1:05 AM on May 19, 2011

Yeah, again… I said that was the reason she came in for a photo shoot with me (which was way before the show). I did NOT say that was the reason I thought she went on the show. I don’t even know Emily that well as I told them. This is completely ridiculous that they would twist my words like this. Unbelievable, a total lie.

Jenna

Posted at 5:38 PM on May 18, 2011

If that’s the case I had Emily pegged right. She always struck me as calculating, like the whole Southern Belle thing was exaggerated for effect. I thought Chantal came across much more sincere.

Sarah

Posted at 4:26 PM on May 18, 2011

people who believe this garbage are so stupid. get your facts straight.

robin earle

Posted at 12:40 PM on May 18, 2011

None of this surprises me. I always wondered the whole show why she always acted so clam and never got emotional. Questioning Brad over and over in regards to him not being able to be a father. No one cAN JUDGE who is ready for marriage or kids except the person himself. How would she of felt if at 19 when she was pregnant with No job, education if people hounded her and told her she was to young or does not know what mother hood involves that because of that she should adopt her child off. She knew early on Brad was in to her and did not have to wonder like some of the others..like Chantel. She just seem to good to be true. We all base good looks and a sad story as Emily being so wonderful. I saw she had deep issues regarding men. Who wants to compete with a puppy love that never had to face the real challenges of the stress children and jobs etc place on any marriage. Just as all of us marriage takes work and it is a choice we make to be and stay married every day. Given time we all make mistakes, let some one down. With Ricki traveling all the time and her young and home with a baby that is when real life would of begun. Very sad for Ricki-both Ricki’s that her dad was killed and I mean no desrepect in this but trying to live up to something Emily has put so high would be impossible. Ricki did not get the chance to mess up and let her down etc that growing older brings with it. Of all the bachleor shows this one has made me mad. Brad was clear why he was there and Emily was very unfair to all the other women who really wanted a chance with Brad. I think she is very high matience and would be so hard to please. She needs to grow up and get help for her own issues and stop putting it all on Brad. Nothing wrong with waiting today to get married when your more mature as Brad did..better than have a divorce with kids some where. I have 4 kids and none are married and I am glad. I want them to grow up and wait until their 30’s. The divorce rate is just too high. It is too late now but Chantel was a what you see is what you get girl and what she said is w.hat she meant. What in the world makes every one think Emily is so special. My daughter is now 34 with a 13 year old son and never married. She moved away and put herself through college up to her masters and raised her son taking out school loans. No fancy house or trust funds. She finally met a man in Greece who she married and moved there and she is so happy. Of course moving was hard but he is very well off and can provide so much for her. I see her more now than when she was 17 as she comes home every 3 months for 3 week visit. He is a wonderful man. My daugther knew herself well enough she could not get married young. My grandson as learned to go with the flow and can talk to any one and has great self-esteem. When I was Emily’s age I had 2 kids was in nursing school and my husband was always gone traveling for his job. he left me andmy kids..when I was 40. Never ever at that young age would I of thought he would do what he did. he became so successful and it went to his head and he lost a sense of right and wrong. So what he was at 19 was nothing like how he changed at 40. I do not think Emily will or should get married until she gets help. Brad move on please. Your not getting any younger and there is someon who will see you in a way your won family does. you deserve it. I don’t care what nasty stuff Emily or the tabloids pout on you. Emily should be ashamed of herself for talking dirt on you. I hope Brad soon finds a mature adult who loves him and stops screaming at him for how he acted on a reality TV show where the idea is to have some fun too just like all the others bachleor and bachoeorettes have done!

marion neal

Posted at 6:19 PM on May 20, 2011

you are right. I think Emily was in it to get noticed. she acts like she is all into herself. I feel sorry for Brad as he really fell hard for Emily. hope he finds a real nice lady to live out he life with. I wish him all the happiness in the world

I said it so

Posted at 11:42 AM on May 18, 2011

Good morning America, I said it so ,here on this site, months ago, she is a very calculated mean social climber, who is very full of herself. She is not in love with her ex either, just wants to get married to him to be richer. You’ll see that too in due time.

yeah sure

Posted at 11:53 AM on May 18, 2011

People like her makes me sick. Men or women, a mother or not.