The CW Renews 'One Tree Hill' & 'Nikita,' But Cancels 'Hellcats!' How Do You Feel?

Tue, May 17, 2011 4:57pm EDT by 17 Comments

Speak up, my fellow CW fans! Do you think ‘One Tree Hill’ & ‘Nikita’ deserved to be saved? And Are you totally bummed about ‘Hellcats?’

You can’t see me through your computer screens (that would be weird) but I’m doing such an epic happy dance right now. Why, you ask? Because One Tree Hill has officially been renewed for a 13-episode ninth season! The CW’s freshman action drama Nikita will also be back in the fall, but sadly the came can’t be said for Hellcats. Yes, you can put away your pom poms, kids — because that show has been canceled.

According to a report from Zap2it, the ninth season of One Tree Hill will focus on several story lines: Brooke (Sophia Bush) and Julian (Austin Nichols) will deal with life as first-time parents, while Brooke will help Haley (Bethany Joy Galeotti) re-open and run Karen’s Café in Tree Hill.

Click to follow Andy on Twitter

angerusbeauty19

Posted at 10:08 PM on August 15, 2011

love oth and hellcats could care less about nikita but maybe it will get picked up but someone else

Emily

Posted at 6:22 PM on May 21, 2011

how could they cancel hellcats ? love that show

Jamie

Posted at 6:09 PM on May 18, 2011

The only show I cared about was Nikita, since TVD was renewed early. Those are the only two shows I watch on the network, although Supernatural is an awesome show as well. :) OTH should have ended after S4 honestly. It’s been a trainwreck since S5 and I’m glad that it’s not premiering till January (mid-season) where it should be and I hope it remains at 13 episodes. That’s more than enough time to wrap up all the storylines. I didn’t watch Hellcats, but I think everyone saw that cancellation coming – especially their fans. The ratings were just terrible even by CW standards and the storylines were lame. That being said, I’d rather the network have kept Hellcats than continuing to drag out the trainwreck that is OTH.

Jennie

Posted at 10:53 AM on May 18, 2011

I am hearbroken that they canceled hellcats, they had a great base , i dont care about ratings. why would they renew a show thats older than dirt, they fast forward the show so they can be more boring. CW think again someone will pick this up

sarah

Posted at 5:57 PM on May 18, 2011

hell to the yes!

Jamie

Posted at 6:12 PM on May 18, 2011

You know, I’ve always thought that Hellcats would do really well on ABC Family or something paired up with Make It Or Break It. I wasn’t a fan of the show, but it really sucks for their fanbase that it was canceled. And, I was hoping another network like ABC Family would have picked it up and given it a shot. Sad for you guys. :(

Kelly

Posted at 8:47 AM on May 18, 2011

LOVE OTH BUT MARK, YOU NEED TO GET HILLARY BURTON AND CHAD MICHAEL MURRAY BACK FOR THE NINTH SEASON!!!!!!

loz

Posted at 6:25 AM on May 18, 2011

So sad HellCats is cancelled!

It was amazing!

From a UK fan.
x

klashjfkldh

Posted at 4:19 AM on May 18, 2011

whatever nikita is the best show hellcats was more middleschoolers it sucked go cw they better have another season of vampire diaries

Jamie

Posted at 6:10 PM on May 18, 2011

Nikita is definitely the best show on the network in my personal opinion, followed by TVD and SPN. TVD was actually announced as an early renewal, so they’ve already been locked in for a S3.

belbel

Posted at 8:57 PM on May 17, 2011

ffs CW you suck!! the ONE good show you had and you canned it. you really dont know how to appeal to your audience do you?

Claire

Posted at 8:25 PM on May 17, 2011

So sad about Hellcats :( One tree hill needs to end.

Disastrous

Posted at 7:45 PM on May 17, 2011

I was really hoping hellcats would be back. I was really enjoying it and I’m pretty bummed that people didn’t give it a chance.

Cindy Meegan

Posted at 5:23 PM on May 17, 2011

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS one tree hill!!!!

Kate

Posted at 5:05 PM on May 17, 2011

I want more Hellcats!! arghh

lina

Posted at 5:58 PM on May 18, 2011

me too!!

Jojo

Posted at 11:46 AM on September 13, 2012

YES!!! I want to see season 2 of HELLCATS!! it was picking up very well, loved that TV show its been almost 2 years! I’m curious to why it’s cancelled. :/