Kirstin Says: Be Careful With Your Heart, Nick Jonas! You Might Be Delta Goodrem's Rebound!

Tue, May 17, 2011 2:51pm EDT by 8 Comments
INF

INF

As cute as Nick Jonas and Delta Goodrem look together, I’m nervous she’s just using him to make a name for herself in the US and to get over her seven year relationship ending!

Nick Jonas and Delta Goodrem‘s newfound relationship worries me for many reasons — and not just because I’m jealous of the 26-year-old Australian pop star’s man. The whole thing strikes me as odd and I’m scared 18-year-old Nick is about to get his heart torn apart.

First of all, the age difference IS a big factor. I know Nick is wise beyond his years (that’s an understatement), but what kind of 26-year-old woman really wants to get serious with a teenager? There’s no way Delta actually sees a future with Nick, even though I think he’s going to fall hard for her.

Additionally, she just got out of an engagement with Westlife singer Brian McFadden, who she was with for more than six years! Why is she rushing into another relationship so quickly? Nick hasn’t had a serious relationship for awhile, so I can imagine he’s ready to have a girlfriend again. Delta — on the other hand — should probably take some space before she becomes the second half of a romantic couple .

Lastly, I’m nervous Delta is using Nick to gain exposure in the United States. She’s been huge in Australia for quite some time and insiders have told us she’s trying to break into the largest and toughest market in the world. Being with someone like Nick, who’s an A-list star over here, will help her gain notoriety in America. How convenient.

That said, it IS refreshing to see a normally somber Nick so happy. An insider told HollywoodLife.com about Delta and Nick’s date to the Arclight theater in Hollywood May 15 and said the couple seemed completely comfortable with one another.

“They were holding hands and embracing,” the eyewitness said. “They appeared to be having a good time with each other.”

Ugh. So maybe I’m overreacting…perhaps Delta and Nick ARE the real deal. However, I can’t get rid of that nagging feeling this isn’t going to end well.

What do YOU think of Nick and Delta? Are they a match made in heaven or should Nick be careful? Sound off below!

With reporting by Russ Weakland

More on Nick Jonas

1. Click here for more on Nick’s previous efforts with Michelle Obama
  2. Click here for video on Nick’s desire to be president
  3. Click here for more on what Nick’s family nickname is

Holleh

Posted at 7:59 AM on June 16, 2011

Im from Australia, and I absolutely love Delta, i don’t believe she is just using nick to get higher in the business, she was happy with Brian but it wasn’t LOVE, and im not saying this is love with nick, but delta has had a hard life, let her have fun, it doesn’t always have to end badly

kc

Posted at 12:38 PM on May 25, 2011

omg, dude… a piece of advice… that girl Charice is more worth to court with!

Letty

Posted at 9:13 PM on May 19, 2011

Im worried that nick is blinded by “love” and didn’t think about the facts when he got into this relationship. I hope this girl let’s this go before he falls for her because I don’t feel like she is in this for him. Especially considering their age diffrence. I don’t want nick getting hurt because he seems so fragile when it comes to relationships

Natalie

Posted at 8:06 PM on May 19, 2011

Let them have fun. Just because you are dating doesn’t mean you are emotionally invested. Nick certainly seems like he can handle it. Delta hasn’t dated in awhile, and Nick seems like a great person to be with. Both are level headed. He stands just as much to gain outside the US from dating her as she has to gain in the US from being with him, so if it’s that sort of thing, it might be a mutual arrangement.

Giselle

Posted at 1:45 AM on May 19, 2011

she’s going to break his heart for sure. look at the picture and their faces. nick really looks like he likes delta very much and he’ll protect her no matter what but delta looks like teehee i’m dating nick jonas. it just looks like they don’t share the same level of emotion in their relationship.

JMP

Posted at 11:41 PM on May 18, 2011

I can completely see why anyone, even a 26yr woman would fall for Nick Jonas, however I can’t say that the thought of her possibly using him did not cross my mind. I just hope that it isn’t the case, because Nick does not deserve that. Even if we may get some more awesome music out of him, I still wouldn’t want it at that cost. Nick deserves the best and I hope one day he finds her.

Susan

Posted at 4:59 PM on May 18, 2011

No I don’t believe that nick and delta are meant for each other because of the age difference…. and plus delta is 8 years older than nick……. and she was also previously engaged……

Anna Bird

Posted at 12:29 AM on May 18, 2011

I have had the same concerns. Young Nick is probably infatuated right now and could be headed for heart break. Why would a 26 year old seek out a realtionship with an 18 year old? He’s handsome and connected. I agree this could end badly for Nick.