Demi Lovato Tweets A Pic Of Her New Bikini Body — Doesn't She Look Great?

Mon, May 16, 2011 4:45pm EDT by 9 Comments

We’re so proud of Demi Lovato and the progress she’s made. The 18-year-old Disney star tweeted a photo of herself in a bikini May 16 to show how healthy she’s become!

Demi Lovato has gotten her body in shape and ready for summer! The 18-year-old Disney starlet tweeted a photo of herself May 16 in a white string bikini — and she looks amazing!

“I’ve been working so hard to get healthy and fit.. I can’t believe I’m about to do this but I’m so excited.. Here’s my bikini time body!” Demi wrote in the caption.

She added, “I never thought I’d ever feel confident enough to ever to that. I’m excited how far I’ve come since being completely ashamed of my body..”

And, “I want any girl/guy out there who struggles with body image or confidence to know that it IS possible to find peace with yourself.”

Finishing with, “It hasn’t been easy, but it starts with a commitment to yourself.. Your mind.. And your soul. And trust me, I’m still working at it!! Haha”

We love how confident Demi has become in the wake of going to treatment for emotional and physical issues for a couple of months late last year. Since returning from treatment, Demi has opened up about her plight — admitting she’s suffered from eating disorders for years.

Demi is a fantastic role model for young girls. She proves you can be healthy and happy in Hollywood without being stick thin — and we think she looks better than ever!

Congratulations, Demi!

Kirstin Benson

Get More Demi News Here!

1. Watch Demi Lovato’s First Post-Treatment Interview Here!
  2. Demi Lost Respect For Joe Jonas! Find Out Why!
  3. Demi Reveals: I Was Bullied For Being Fat!

katie

Posted at 5:59 PM on July 15, 2011

what happend to you you were my fav dinsey person

Demi husband

Posted at 7:27 PM on May 23, 2011

im so proud of my love i cant wait to see her again

katie

Posted at 6:02 PM on July 15, 2011

she married

yeah yeah

Posted at 12:36 PM on May 18, 2011

her face looks weird

ek

Posted at 10:09 PM on May 16, 2011

cracks me up that if Miley Cyrus takes pics in a bikini thats considered slutty.. yet this isnt
double standards.

Ginger

Posted at 6:59 PM on May 16, 2011

she is stupid to still post pictures of herself in a bikini. Let the paps take the pictures instead cause she is still so insecure about her body.

its me

Posted at 5:42 PM on May 16, 2011

she is so beautiful. I love her so much!!!

gbtw

Posted at 5:21 PM on May 16, 2011

i’m happy that she’s happy with herself, but wth with every woman from young to old having this undeniable compulsion to tweet bikini pics of themselves? i really don’t get it. i say again, if you want to show off your bikini- go to the beach and be natural about it. so tacky, this tweeting pics of self stuff…

Leah

Posted at 5:10 PM on May 16, 2011

She is so beautiful and so, so inspiring. I hope every girl (or guy!) who sees this can take strength from Demi’s example and see how beautiful they really are. What an incredible girl Demi is!