Pia Toscano: I Want To Be An Actress!

Fri, May 13, 2011 2:12pm EDT by 8 Comments
Getty Images

Former ‘American Idol’ contestant Pia Toscano has the voice of an angel, but she tells HollywoodLife.com she wants to take Hollywood by storm as well! Do YOU think that’s a good idea?

Pia Toscano is no one trick pony. The 22-year-old singer says that though music comes first, she is game to give Angelina Jolie a run for her money and thinks acting would be  a lot of fun!

“In high school I did a lot of musical theater. I would like to cover everything!” Pia told HollywoodLife.com exclusively at the launch of the Samsung Infuse 4G by AT&T event in Hollywood May 12.

When asked whether she’s sees herself as a Meryl Streep or an Angelina she said, “I would like to do it all!”

After her elimination from American Idol April 7 left fans stunned, the singer was the center of attention and admits that she gets shy in front of cameras.

“It is something that I have to work on. It is still hard to get out of my comfort zone,” she said.

Don’t expect to be seeing the breakout star back on reality TV any time soon, though.

“I’m not sure that another reality show is for me,” she told us, adding, “I might get more comfortable in front of the camera and do more reality stuff. But we’ll see.”

Do YOU think Pia is Hollywood’s next big actress? Sound off below!

Katie Drake, with reporting by Russ Weakland

More Pia Toscano Stories:

1. Pia Toscano Parties With Her Dog
  2. American Idol Shocking Moments!
  3. Should Pia Date Mark Ballas?

Ross

Posted at 11:30 AM on July 29, 2011

I remember in an interview she said, “When (not if) I make it really big…” Now she’s not saying that as a sign of being into herself. She’s saying that to stay positive. And yes. She will make it really big. Good thing she has “thick” skin.

Ross

Posted at 10:50 AM on July 15, 2011

We need more positive comments. Too many jealous girls here!

Ross

Posted at 10:58 PM on June 9, 2011

I agree brad.

brad

Posted at 6:00 PM on May 15, 2011

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
Sounds to me like a group of jealous woman…go figure…or maybe they are just self concious about their own appearance..PIA IS HOT HOT HOT…WITH A SMOKING VOICE…Yea Babe!!!!

Raye

Posted at 11:39 AM on May 15, 2011

Wow! This girl is nice looking, but not gorgeous. But she is acting like she is the hottest thing to come down the pike in a long time. Try convincing us that you are shy in front of the cameras. She may fool some of the men, but you are not fooling the women one bit. Get over yourself.

Bree

Posted at 11:25 AM on May 15, 2011

If she is a dull with her acting as she is with her singing, thanks but no thanks. Pretty girls in Hollywood and the music industry are many. She is getting on everyone’s nerves. She needs to go away until she does something of note.

galey

Posted at 5:16 PM on May 13, 2011

Wow! What is it with this girl – first she wants to be Jennifer Lopez and now Angelina Jolie – wants to cover it all! She’s pretty high on herself but as for me, I am sick of her already!!!!!!!

gbtw

Posted at 11:14 PM on May 13, 2011

hahaha… i SO agree, but was TRYING to refrain from commenting so that she’d just go away when HL saw that nobody wants to hear about her anymore!