First Look: Charice Films Her New Movie 'Here Comes The Boom' In Boston!

Fri, May 13, 2011 8:00pm EDT by 97 Comments

Will you see Charice star as ‘brainiac’ Malia in ‘Here Comes The Boom?’ Vote now!

Chasters, you’ve waited patiently for your first look at Charice Pempengco‘s next big screen role — and their wait is finally over! As seen in the photo above, Charice was spotted filming Here Comes The Boom at Faneuil Hall in Boston, Mass., on May 13. And seriously, how cute is she?

For those of you who don’t know, the movie focuses on a high school music teacher (Kevin James) who’s forced to moonlight as an MMA fighter in order to raise money for his music group. And Charice recently told HollywoodLife.com that her character, Malia, is “a musical genius. She plays piano, sings and everything.”

We can’t wait! Will you be first in line to see Here Comes The Boom when it hits theaters?

Click here to obsess over Charice with Andy on Twitter

Sandra

Posted at 10:33 PM on March 4, 2012

I can’t wait to see the movie!!!

Anna Wain

Posted at 9:27 PM on January 1, 2012

I will be the first in line!!! She is amazing!!! I will love her forever even if she gets fat, which is not the case..She’s comfortable of who she is, that’s important…

Cooper

Posted at 7:26 PM on October 23, 2011

Aren’t most of you supposed to be her fans? If so, you should accept her as she is! Cha is beautiful! And I can’t wait to see her in this movie! :D <3

Roller

Posted at 9:27 AM on June 20, 2011

Charice the walking mushroom! Haha that’s funny!!!

Czar Alexius John

Posted at 4:05 AM on May 21, 2011

yeah, i bet she should lose some weight. But it doesn’t faze me either, she has a cool voice and everything. Perhaps, she could do so well in acting. Well, we better see when she gives it a try!

Brant

Posted at 9:21 PM on May 16, 2011

thanks andy im following you on twitter because of charice i love this girl

babyj

Posted at 2:26 PM on May 16, 2011

All these comment about her loosing weight is really disturbing. But hey, that’s how you know she’s on her way. People will start criticizing and hating you.

And for that Kylie M fan. Dude, didn’t she just go through chemo to battle cancer? Wouldn’t you loose like tons of weight if you did that?

Besides, Charice is CUTE the way she is. Haters leave her alone.

And I will def watch this movie. I hope they let her sing though…

PetiteKylieMfan

Posted at 11:22 AM on May 16, 2011

Charice could you please try to lose some weight like kylie minogue? it doesn’t look good to you when you’re fat because of your height. If you’re fat and short you’re like a walking mushroom in hollywood. I noticed that you have no body shape so try to lose those excess luggage of yours. I know you’re a good singer but i hate seeing you like this! Peace man

Ashley

Posted at 12:38 AM on May 17, 2011

Charice has a more stable body image than you, leave her alone and let her be. We like her the way she is!

Wija

Posted at 9:52 AM on May 18, 2011

Do you know how much that’s insulting not only to Charice but to other people who have height problems and would WANT to lose weight as well?

Srsly, you people dunno how to shut your traps. :’/

Bonnie

Posted at 11:01 AM on May 16, 2011

I just discovered you recently when you sing Celine’s song on glee, you have an amazing voice girl i’m a fan of talented singers like you cos i hate auto tune.

buena14

Posted at 6:30 AM on May 16, 2011

This will be one of the greatest exposures for Charice.I’m now getting really excited to hear the would-be reviews on her acting and of course singing after the movie is shown. 2012 is indeed one long year in coming!

marklovecharice (twitter)

Posted at 2:10 AM on May 16, 2011

AWESOME!!!

peakarach

Posted at 11:39 PM on May 15, 2011

Honestly I think Sunshine look amazing to me.

babes

Posted at 11:39 PM on May 15, 2011

Yes! It will be a delight to see her in the big screen!

vilma hill

Posted at 7:14 PM on May 15, 2011

Yes!! I cannot wait to see Charice first movie. I love her so much, eventhough I haven’t seen her in person yet. I been following her since I discovered her in Ellen show…

Thonil

Posted at 7:10 PM on May 15, 2011

Cancon, make sure you could lock on to the first position in that line. I bet many are raring to go ahead of you. I feel a lot are trying to leave a mark and make a difference to prove their contribution to Charice’s ascent to the pinnacle of fame. But does it matter if you’re first or just being there is all there is needed to do?

cancon

Posted at 5:36 PM on May 15, 2011

I will be the first in line….Charice !!! we support you all the way!…one suggestion…pls. lose a little weight…we love you!

bingz

Posted at 12:55 PM on May 15, 2011

Thanks a lot to all the Staff of Hollywood Life especially to Andy S. and Bonnie for writing about Charice.
I will support Charice regardless what. For me she is the symbol of hope and an inspiration of this generation. She also an amazing performer, humble and beautiful inside and out.

JULIET WALKER

Posted at 12:35 PM on May 15, 2011

Hello Charice this is on e of your grandmother outside your family. You know I LOVE YOU. I LOVE YOUR FACE ,YOUR VOICE BUT, can i ask you a favor can you LOSE A LITTLE waight, just a little.I KNOW YOU ARE PRETTY AS YOU ARE,BUT you are here in the US and people here are different if you notice all the FAT singers are trying to lose waight,Look at J.HUDSON she look wonderful now as compair before.But quess what i think MAS MAGALING KA PA RING KUMANTA KAYSA KAY JH.NO OFFENSE TO ALL BIG PEOPLE ITS JUST THAT HAVING FAT IN YOUR SYSTEM IS NOT GOOD FOR YOUR HEART.

Ajang Bayocboc

Posted at 2:22 AM on May 18, 2011

Hello, I’m also a chaster, I just made a fanpage for her movie on Facebook, please do like it and you may be an admin there if you want. Here’s the link >>https://www.facebook.com/pages/Here-Comes-The-Boom/171856092871085#!/pages/Here-Comes-The-Boom/171856092871085

josh

Posted at 10:35 AM on May 15, 2011

She is definitely cute, love her I can`t wait longer of her movie. thanks for this post.

peakarach

Posted at 11:46 PM on May 14, 2011

Can’t wait for the movie.

Vangie

Posted at 11:39 PM on May 14, 2011

It looks like Cha, in the picture, gained a few pounds. She needs to lose about 2-3 pounds, I think. My guess is, she’s departing from her old favorite food of rice and sardines with vinegar, to now the American diet of hamburgers, pizza, and whatever else. Pls Cha, go back to your native food.

from1chicago

Posted at 12:35 PM on May 15, 2011

The question is if you will be the first to see Cha in the movie. Your answer has no connection to the question; you’re just out of the line. Go somewhere else! And as for me: DEFINITELY, I will be amongst the first to see her in the movie!!!!!

ares999

Posted at 4:12 AM on May 21, 2011

weirdo..fame doesn’t chose who she pushes up. Well it’s never your business oaf! So why can’t you just shut up and see what a little girl like her could give out from eating rice and sardines!.. She’s beyond comparison and certainly, and I’m sorry to say this, she’s far more better than those singers you have in your country! It’s the truth and truth really hurts! have a good day, seaweed brain!

Peaceout

Posted at 12:10 PM on June 5, 2011

Hey come on, stop being stereotypical. eventhough she came from a third world country doesn’t mean that’s her favorite food.