ABC Cancels Brother & Sisters! Did YOUR Favorite Show Get The Axe?

Fri, May 13, 2011 5:13pm EDT by 46 Comments

ABC has announced its canceling some of our favorite shows — including ‘Brothers & Sisters,’ ‘No Ordinary Familiy’ and Matthew Perry’s ‘Mr. Sunshine’ — see what other shows didn’t make the cut and the ones who are luckily saved!

It’s that time of year. Every year as summer approaches, we get super anxious as most shows wrap up their seasons and we hear who’s coming back — and who’s gone for good. This time around, ABC made a couple surprising cuts — particularly with fan favorite, Brothers and Sisters.

It was announced May 13 V, Brothers & Sisters, No Ordinary Family, Off the Map, Detroit 187 and Mr. Sunshine and Better With You will not be returning on ABC next season.

As sad as it was for Matthew Perry and Sally Field, other casts had much better news. Pilots Good Christian Belles, Pan Am, Charlie’s Angels, Once Upon a Time, Revenge, Scandal and The River were all picked up as series on the network.

Happy Endings was renewed for a second season.

How do YOU feel about ABC’s choice? Are you sad Brothers & Sisters is kissing the dust after five seasons? Sound off below!

Kirstin Benson

Love TV? Click here for all the latest TV recaps, news & gossip!

dianne

Posted at 8:20 AM on September 25, 2011

What kind of idiots do they have working at ABC? I loved Brothers and Sisters. That was such a GREAT show very family oriented with real life problems. Now I hear this is the last season of Desperate Housewives what’s up with that are you all trying to do get everyone to change over to NBC or CBS?

Tracey

Posted at 8:50 PM on September 23, 2011

I am shocked to find out the ABC cancelled Brothers and Sisters! Shame on the brainiacs that made this decision. Too bad NBC didnt pick it up. After Desperate Housewives ends this season, I won’t have any reason to watch ABC anymore. Pan Am doesnt interest me, its like going back in time! At least Bro and Sis has real family issues that people can relate to in the 21st century!

Amy

Posted at 9:07 PM on September 18, 2011

I can not believe you would cancel Brothers and Sisters. This was a family favorite. This was the one and ONLY show that I would re-arrange my Sunday evenings around, just so that I could be home to watch this program along with my favorite bowl of microwave popcorn. You truly bummed me out. Looks like I’ll have to switch over to NBC, seems like that’s were all the good shows are going anyways! Such a shame ABC, such a shame…

Colleen

Posted at 12:31 AM on September 14, 2011

This comments come with a heavy heart its saddens me to hear that abc cancelled BROTHERS & SISTERS! its our favorite show, We looked forward to every sunday to watch it
SHAME ON YOU abc.
NO MORE WATCHING ANY abc PROGRAMS IN OUR HOME

Sarah

Posted at 3:00 PM on September 12, 2011

I can’t believe they cancelled Brothers & Sisters! Truly, it was the best show on tv. You really do have to wonder who is making these decisions. HBO, Showtime–I’m all yours!

Ami Swerdlick

Posted at 2:10 PM on September 7, 2011

This is one if my must see shows. ABC you are a bunch of IDIOTS!!!!

Sue

Posted at 8:30 PM on August 29, 2011

First they cancelled All My Children & One Life to Live and now It’s one of my favorites on Sunday night, Brothers & Sisters. I make sure I’m home every Sunday night to watch Brothers & Sisters & Desperate Housewives! These are 2 of the best programs on tv. Guess I’ll have to start watching NBC or CBS because ABC cancels all the good shows!! Who makes these choices??

Sharon

Posted at 5:39 PM on September 5, 2011

You know i dont watch much TV, i get hooked on a great show everyonce in a while. Melrose place, after that i didnt watch tv for about 5 years. Suppranos. Brother s and sisters was the most holesome family show around and fast moving. I just loved it and i am so very disappointed in ABC for cancelling Brothers and sisters. I used to snuggle down with my daughter and we would watch this show every sunday night. Every Sunday night.

I hate you ABC, You suck again!

germaine

Posted at 7:47 AM on August 10, 2011

I done with abc,evertime i get into a show,they pull the plug.
i sure am gonna miss watching brothers and sisters.

germaine

Posted at 7:46 AM on August 10, 2011

I done with abc,evertime i get into a show,they pull the plug.

Vicki

Posted at 10:00 PM on August 1, 2011

All fans of bros and sistas should boycott replacement series Pam Am! Screw ABC!

Sandra Reddy

Posted at 7:39 PM on June 20, 2011

I look forward to “Brothers and Sisters” every Sunday night and it was just getting good.

Jess

Posted at 3:48 PM on June 18, 2011

I actually cried at the end of the last episode of Brothers and Sisters! It was so beautiful and now it is no more… :(

Robin

Posted at 7:29 PM on June 17, 2011

How stupid is ABC to cancel one of the best shows on TV. I think another station pick it up….. PLEASE!!!!!!

John McCreery

Posted at 5:54 PM on May 26, 2011

I cannot Believe abc canceled Brothers and Sisters and Better with you, That is such Crap, It seems like every time I get invested in a good show some t.v. executive gets a dumb idea to pull the plug…this is why I do not like TV.. So whats next abc why don’t you just ruin tv altogether and cancel all your shows. I am gonna stop watching tv altogether and read more books at least you tv executive idiots cant cancel a book

Kenna

Posted at 1:23 AM on May 20, 2011

ABC has been going through TV series like toiletpaper. Honestly, I won’t bother to watch new shows on ABC because they rip them down the second I get hooked. They cancelled “V” as well – another awesome show.

Whoever is making the decisions for ABC programming has ADHD and should probably be fired. Just my opinion…

Sahwnna

Posted at 4:19 PM on May 18, 2011

Brothers and Sisters is an amazing show! Please, please, please do not cancel it. You will be ruining my Sunday evening!

Dana

Posted at 11:52 PM on May 17, 2011

No, no, no¡!!! Bring them back, what an amazing show . Please reconsider

pam

Posted at 5:26 PM on May 17, 2011

I love watching Brothers & Sisters . Who ever made that decision made a bad one. It seems like everytime a good program comes on it gets cancelled. I think it should be back next season.

Judy

Posted at 9:28 AM on May 17, 2011

Who makes these decisions?? Brothers & Sisters was one of my favorite shows, the whole cast is awesome!! I can’t understand, ABC, why you knock the good ones. Doesn’t make sense. Loved Sally Field’s role in this, every mother with a grown family can relate!!

Loraine

Posted at 12:17 AM on May 16, 2011

It seems that ABC has it in for a lot of good shows to make room for reality shows. Big mistake. I LOVE Brothers and Sisters and Off the Map and also really like No Ordinary Family. I will be looking for more shows on CW, Lifetime and other channels that offer good quality family shows like Army Wives. I even love my soaps! ABC has always been my number one channel, but at this rate, there won’t be any reason to stay tuned to their network.

mary

Posted at 3:31 PM on May 15, 2011

Brothers and Sisters ??!@*# – Reconsider, Reconsider, Reconsider – ABC has up and cancelled s o o o many good shows – I do have the option to cannel them from my channel options. Viewers do count at some point and this series has a loyal audience.

Beth

Posted at 11:32 PM on May 14, 2011

Brothers & Sisters and Off the Map are great shows!! Why are they always pulling the good ones????

Tiffany

Posted at 11:59 PM on May 13, 2011

Brothers & Sisters is a great show. Why are they cancelling it? ABC needs to reconsider. They do this all the time with great shows. Remember October Road & Men in Trees? They don’t prepare us and just up and cancel them. They don’t even get time to write a proper ending. Boo ABC

LEB

Posted at 8:21 AM on May 14, 2011

Fans need to petition for the return of Brothers & Sisters. Let us hear are protest!!!!!!!!

Goldfish

Posted at 11:52 PM on May 13, 2011

Oh no! Not off the map!!! :( :( :(

Linda

Posted at 7:23 PM on May 13, 2011

“V” AND “Off the Map”? Grrr!

anniston

Posted at 11:09 PM on July 23, 2011

It is July now, has anyone heard anything new about Brothers and Sisters coming back on? I hope so.