ABC Cancels Brother & Sisters! Did YOUR Favorite Show Get The Axe?

Fri, May 13, 2011 5:13pm EDT by 46 Comments

ABC has announced its canceling some of our favorite shows — including ‘Brothers & Sisters,’ ‘No Ordinary Familiy’ and Matthew Perry’s ‘Mr. Sunshine’ — see what other shows didn’t make the cut and the ones who are luckily saved!

It’s that time of year. Every year as summer approaches, we get super anxious as most shows wrap up their seasons and we hear who’s coming back — and who’s gone for good. This time around, ABC made a couple surprising cuts — particularly with fan favorite, Brothers and Sisters.

It was announced May 13 V, Brothers & Sisters, No Ordinary Family, Off the Map, Detroit 187 and Mr. Sunshine and Better With You will not be returning on ABC next season.

As sad as it was for Matthew Perry and Sally Field, other casts had much better news. Pilots Good Christian Belles, Pan Am, Charlie’s Angels, Once Upon a Time, Revenge, Scandal and The River were all picked up as series on the network.

Happy Endings was renewed for a second season.

How do YOU feel about ABC’s choice? Are you sad Brothers & Sisters is kissing the dust after five seasons? Sound off below!

Kirstin Benson

Love TV? Click here for all the latest TV recaps, news & gossip!

Nalin

Posted at 9:46 PM on July 16, 2013

Yes, i was furious at ABC for cancelling this awesome show. It contained original but super relateable story lines, and all the actors were absolutely fantastic! Plus I loved loved the genuine family values, love, and support they all had for each other. Somehow Abc feels t appropriate to cancel a good show like this, yet keep garbage such as the Bachelor and Bachelorette on air? Really hope that another network starts up the show in the future again (Iike Hawaii 5-0)!

Sharline Hoke

Posted at 12:50 AM on May 3, 2012

I really loved this show and I am very dissapointed that it’s not coming back on. Sally Fields is such a good actress and the stars playing her children were fantastic. I think you should reconsider bringing it back on. It is the only show I have seen that is so realistic when it comes to portraying a family in realy life. Please, Please bring it back. It was the only decent thing on to watch on Sunday night besides Army Wives and the Client List.

kiama

Posted at 9:22 AM on February 11, 2012

this is my cue…
i am never watching any abc shows again… they will only break my heart…
i hope fox or other channels picks up brothers and sisters

j.rodriguez

Posted at 6:18 PM on December 14, 2011

About 2 or 3 months ago I started watchin brothers and sisters on SoapNet channel and I completely fell inlove with it.. so I watched wat apparently was the last episode of the season.. couldn’t wait to see wat was comin next and they gave the very first episode again.. imagine my disappointment to then find out they are no longer coming back.. broke my heart.. bring them back.. I love revenge please don’t cancel that too.. what r u guys doin over there at ABC???

Donna D

Posted at 9:18 PM on October 26, 2011

I’m with you! I won’t even entertain Pan Am!
I was so looking forward to the new season of B & S. Unreal…

Donna D

Posted at 9:14 PM on October 26, 2011

I had been thinking they moved my favorite show Brothers and Sisters to a different night to find out they cancelled it!!! I can’t believe it. With far too shows of interest on these days, ABC makes a grave mistake and cancels a favorite! Shame on you ABC!! I am soooo disappointed!!!

jane smith

Posted at 3:16 PM on November 13, 2011

100% true couldnt agree more! im literally sad! and depressed!

jean

Posted at 12:11 AM on November 21, 2011

Absolutely agree….ABC made a very bad decision! Maybe they will get a brain and bring the show back.

Jim

Posted at 9:30 PM on October 23, 2011

This is the first time I have ever commented on a tv show. I just can’t believe B&S was cancelled!! There are not any shows like that.. Very disappointed!!
This is a really bad error in judgement.

Roxanne

Posted at 2:11 PM on October 13, 2011

Bad move cancelling Brothers and Sisters….was a fabulous show. I am afraid to start watching something regularly because the good ones always go away. Maybe I will just cancel cable and not watch anything regularly anymore. B&S was a really good show with talented actors/actresses and we never did get to see what happened to the Walkers…at least you could have given them a one or two episode send off so that you didnt keep us hanging. That is just rude.

Briana

Posted at 9:12 PM on October 23, 2011

I’m so mad that ABC would take one of the best show’s off the air.So now that Desperate House Wives is no longer going to be on, ABC can suck a big one no need to watch that network.

Tom

Posted at 11:09 AM on October 9, 2011

ABC sucks for canceling!!! It’s a good thing network executives aren’t voted in!!!!! THEY MUST BE STUCK ON STUPID!!!!!!!

Bridget Gerza

Posted at 5:54 PM on October 1, 2011

There are very few shows that I watch on ABC, and you’ve cancelled two of them. Not a good choice in my book!

D. Kemp

Posted at 3:34 PM on September 27, 2011

Should have cancelled Desperate Housewives instead of Brothers and Sisters. That show gets more stupid every year. ABC should not have picked up another rehash of Charlie’s Angels, or stupid, nonsense, go nowhere shows like Good Christian Belles, Pan Am, Once Upon a Time, Revenge and Scandal. Why is it the good shows always get cancelled so the networks can put on more of the stupid shows. The networks shows are starting to suck. I guess I might have to go to watching more PBS.

shelly

Posted at 3:51 PM on October 2, 2011

I agree with you, that was my favorite show with real talented actors and actresses. What a disappointment!

LAHs

Posted at 11:39 PM on September 26, 2011

Oh no, another one of my favorites going away. This is very, very sad. I am almost afraid to like a program, as soon as I get really involved, they axe it!
Why Brothers and Sisters? It was good and it was interesting. Bad move ABC.

jrgate

Posted at 1:43 PM on September 25, 2011

DEVASTATING NEW FIRST ALL MY CHILDREN, ONE LIFE TO LIVE, NOW!! BROTHERS AND SISTERS NO!! MATT PERRY MR SUNSHINE FUNNY. ABC THERE IS NOTHING LEFT TO INTREST ME GOOD BYE

Kim O

Posted at 10:23 PM on November 13, 2011

I second that! I don’t watch any network shows on Sunday anymore. I watch one ABC show now and that is Castle. If that goes I will have no use for ABC. Brothers and sisters was the best show on the air. It made you laugh, cry, think and cheer for your favorite family. There is nothing like it on. Start watching cable, they do have choices there.