Taylor Swift Is No Kristen Stewart: She Thinks It’s ‘Obnoxious’ To Complain About Paparazzi!

Wed, May 11, 2011 6:30pm EDT by 45 Comments
Fame Pictures, Getty Images

Taylor Swift told Ellen DeGeneres she doesn’t like it when stars talk about feeling intruded on by the media! Was she dissing Kristen Stewart, who has compared the paparazzi to getting raped?

Taylor Swift might be the most level-headed celebrity in Hollywood! The 21-year-old country singer went on Ellen DeGeneres‘s talk show May 10 and said she knows losing privacy is the price she pays for fame. Now, if only Kristen Stewart would get the memo…

“I think it’s just obnoxious if I complain about anything…,” Taylor said. “I hear people talk about like, ‘oh, the intrusions on my privacy.’ It’s like there are a million other jobs you could have had. And for me, I’ve just come to an acceptance of the fact, this is my life. If somebody wants to hide a relationship or has privacy issues then we don’t have the same viewpoint. For me, it’s just like live your life. If people happen to take picture then you know, you laugh about it in the car afterwards.”

Taylor’s outlook on paparazzi and media is completely different than Twilight starlet Kristen Stewart’s opinion. The 21-year-old actress told Elle she compares getting photographed constantly by the paparazzi to getting raped!

Even though she later apologized for her rash statement, it’s obvious Kristen hates being followed by cameras 24/7. However, that’s the price you pay for being one of the most famous (and successful!) actresses in the entire world.

In the battle of privacy, who do YOU think has the better outlook: Kristen or Taylor? Why? Sound off below!

Kirstin Benson

Get More Taylor News Here!

1. Taylor Swift Doesn’t Feel Comfortable Taking Her Clothes Off!
  2. Taylor Has A Rebound Crush — Find Out Who!
  3. Taylor Swift & Selena Gomez Are Pillow Besties: Check Out Their Adorable Pic!

Kaitlyn Sophia

Posted at 5:33 AM on June 25, 2012

TAYLOR. Hey, guys, so I am not exactly the greatest fan of Taylor Alison Swift, though I have always appreciated her music for quite a long time. Also, she is a cute, sweet, nice, kind, stunning beauty. Recently, after watching Snow White and the Huntsman, I came to know Kristen Stewart. Yes, Kristen is also really beautiful. Her FACE brought out Snow White’s purity and innocence well. But she isn’t really such an impressive actress. My best friend even said that Kristen was so CORRUPTED in Twilight and so PURE AND INNOCENT in Snow White and Huntsman, God, she doesn’t even go well with Chris Hemsworth. Jennifer Lawrence was SO much better with Liam Hemsworth, because Jennifer has depth. DEPTH. MATURE, LOL. Kristen is not sweet and pure like Taylor is. She is childish. Though pretty like mad. You HAVE TO pay to be famous and rich and well-known. You need to give it back to your fans and the public. THE WORLD judges you. Kristen, my dear, WHAT are you hiding? Yes, we all like privacy, PRIVACY. But too bad you want to be famous, cutie. Oh, no, Kristen Jaymes Stewart actually got you believing she DOESN”T want FAME?! That’s a pathetic lie, you pretentious child. Katniss is bad at lying but for Peeta’s and her own life, you are TERRIBLE( terribly horrible) at lying because you just aren’t talented. AT ALL. Unlike Taylor. God was just in a wonderful mood when he made you so you’ve got a pretty face. I, Kaitlyn Sophia( you doesn’t even deserve to know my last name), is the MOST POPULAR, PRETTIEST, and surprisingly smartest too, girl in my school. But cool and boylish. Everyone’s after me and I am greatly respected and acknowledged of my views. Back off from Taylor, Kristen. Grow up. NO PRIVACY AT ALL= FAME+ANY MAN YOU WANT+ DAMN A LOT OF MONEY+ DAMN A LOT OF FANS. Taylor love her fans. I’m not your fan, Taylor, but thanks, I still love you. :)

TaySwift

Posted at 10:35 AM on May 15, 2011

I don’t think that she should be the one to talk, she can throw out her relationships if she wants with her songs. But in saying this I feel like she doesn’t respect the person view of wanting to be private about the relationship. I get what she means about the paps but don’t a lot of the stars these days complain about them all the time, so how is she ANY better talking about those who talk about the paps. Her IMMATURITY in her songs and in life is something that I can NOT look up to her for. She teaches women that to BASH a guy publicly is ok and that showing people a POSSIBLE reason for them to BREAK-UP with you. The lesson I have LEARNED from Taylor is to NEVER GIVE A GUY SATIFATION IN HURTING YOU OR EVER TALKING ABOUT HIM. IT ONLY MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE AN IDOIT AND NOT ALOT OF PEOPLE RESPECT WOMEN LIKE THAT. If her ex’s had of deserved it then I would say ok do that, but why can’t a CELEB focus on a real WORLD issue instead of FOCUSING on the paps and who IS or ISN’T talking about the paps. From now on I going to think of celebrities as being SELF-CENTRED and out of touch with of reality! So from her on out I will not be o this site or anyother for that matter.

karen

Posted at 9:37 AM on May 13, 2011

I know they are very famous .. but some celebs don,t like it Look at princess Diana.. They hounded her till it killed her. Is that whats going to happen here? I think they are right keeping it on the low down when ever they can. Its hard enough being Rob and Kristen right now,but I think they will fined a way around it. I think most celebs more then get off on the press hounding them. Not Kristen and Rob..P.S HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROBERT. Hope you and Kristen have a wonderful day and night together. Be safe and as always have one drink on me,wish I was there to buy it myself for you. Love you two like you were my own. bye for now……

Cynthia

Posted at 2:14 PM on May 12, 2011

Taylor is not a fame whore, she’s used to the attention she gets. She has no private life, what celebrity does? Kristen needs to suck it up and stop being selfish. She must realize there’s a price to pay for the millions she earns!

Melinda

Posted at 12:24 PM on May 12, 2011

Taylor is a fame whore. She enjoys the cameras on her. She loves having no private life.
I think it would be nice to be an actor, but I don’t want paparazzi following me ALL the time. Like the video of Robert and Kristen eating. They were just eating, and PAPS were videoing it to sale to make money.

Chiyou

Posted at 11:33 AM on May 12, 2011

I think you can be an actor without wanting all the fame. Kristen strikes me as a person who REALLY enjoys her job (ie. acting) but she doesn’t like all the attention. I’m sure that she will be perfectly happy just doing indies for the rest of her life, but Twilight just happened to be that one indie film that she did to make her famous. She’s not dealing with it very well, but it doesn’t mean she’s wrong. Not everyone becomes an actor because they want to be famous. Some people actually like doing it.

Marianne

Posted at 11:32 AM on May 12, 2011

Taylor Swift is so level-headed that she was involved with John Mayer. She likes being photographed all the time–notice the false eyelashes she wears all the time. I’m not a fan of Twilight but I can appreciate how Kristen doesn’t want her personal life all over the gossip mags.

Ali

Posted at 12:28 PM on May 12, 2011

Yeah. Being up in someone’s personally life (and most of the time without them knowing) would suck. I would hate to have photos of me trying to talk with my friends in my own backyard all over tabloid mags. For other people’s personally entertainment.

As for John Mayer… he’s a druggie. Other celebs say he’s so weird. Yeah, very level headed being with him for a while.

sue

Posted at 11:24 AM on May 12, 2011

paps are aholes kristen is right they hound all the stars thats why they end up in rehab because they cant and i mean cant do or say anything that is not printed or photographed they have to say and do all the right things to please the public and there are a lot of public with loads of thoughts on what is right every move they make is caught on camra every word they say is twisted to sell mags or get hits come on taylor get with the program nobody lives there life happy smiley 24/7 and as soon as you have a off day they pounce on you god the pressure must be so intense thats why a lot of celebs turn to drink and or drugs they want to make films they want some press but there is a thing called a line and the papas cross it all the time

steph

Posted at 10:59 AM on May 12, 2011

kristen stewart

Lisa

Posted at 10:53 AM on May 12, 2011

Taylor has a very mature viewpoint and I can’t believe the people attacking her for it. Then again the fans from twilight have always been insane. Taylor is far from a fame whore. She realizes that a certain lack of privacy comes with the territory of being in the public eye and it is useless to complain about it especially when you have a choice to do another career. The right attitude is to keep it moving.

Kaley

Posted at 7:25 AM on May 12, 2011

I agree with the one who said taylor swift is a fame whore
Overseas, well in certains countries we didn’t know her, since a certain Joe and a certain Kanye.HONESTLY.
Now, face the truth and admit that this girl is only looking for fame and publicity, that’s why she now says that about paparazzi. Kristen stew seems more mature and smart, plus Kristen doesn’t want to be in the headlines everyday, that’s not her fault if she is, it’s because of the paparazzi and that’s why she hates them. But swift, always wants the attention on her so in a way of course she has to be thankful to paparazzi.

Bella bella

Posted at 6:51 AM on May 14, 2011

Why this lady taylor swift always mentioning kristen?well infact kristen never mention hers.she wants to ride the fame of the two coz she knows rob will react.but good kristen will just ignore her comment as cold as ice.she tried to compete her during galas nite,have you seen how she was trying to catch the camera,but still kristen is the star.

Nikkib70

Posted at 2:33 PM on June 11, 2012

You probably don’t know that Taylor doesn’t mention Kristen. But the magazine compares them.
I get that it’s annoying to have paparazzi following you all the time.
But Taylor’s point is more mature and true. Just as everyone else said who are defending Taylor. You have to pay your privacy for your job. If you don’t want to pay your privacy, there are a million oher jobs waiting for you.