Is Chace Crawford Slowly Getting Written Off 'Gossip Girl' Like Taylor Momsen?

Wed, May 11, 2011 10:15pm EST by 52 Comments

Chace Crawford was just cast in a movie with Katie Holmes that shoots in the fall! Does this mean his time on ‘Gossip Girl’ is coming to an end?

Gossip Girl is undergoing some major changes — and we’re not so sure how we feel about this potential new bomb shell! Chace Crawford has landed a leading role in a romantic comedy co-starring Katie Holmes called Responsible Adults. The catch? It shoots next fall. What does this mean for his TV show?

Throughout the past season, we’ve watched the 25-year-old actor’s role as Nate Archibald on Gossip Girl slowly diminish. Now that he’s shooting a major movie in the fall, we’re starting to wonder if Chace is saying his goodbye to the CW show, much like his cast mates, Jessica Szohr and Taylor Momsen.

Although we’d miss Chace on Gossip Girl, we’re stoked about this new movie. In the film, Chace plays a 22-year-old charmer named Baxter Wood, who falls for a med student eight years older than him (played by Katie). The only problem is, Baxter realizes the new girl is the same person who babysat him when he was little…and hilarity ensues!

If Chace leaves Gossip Girl, will YOU still watch? Sound off below!

Kirstin Benson

CHECK OUT MORE STORIES ON ‘GOSSIP GIRL’ BELOW!

1. Blair’s Life Is In Danger, Plus 4 More OMG Moments From This Week’s ‘Gossip Girl!’ Could Blair Really Die?
  2. ‘There Is No Gossip Girl Feud Between Blake Lively, Leighton Meester & Taylor Momsen,’ Says Insider! Exclusive
  3. An Upper East Sider Gets Engaged, Plus 4 More OMG Moments From This Week’s ‘Gossip Girl!’

*SydneyAlways*

Posted at 1:01 PM on May 12, 2011

I’m on Chace Crawford’s side on this one. I think I know what happened. Chace probably saw the last few episodes of Gossip Girl and noticed that he’s hardly there and he must have gotten really angry and pissed. Then that time this producer guy must have popped up at his front door saying “HellOoOoOo Mr.Crawford! Would you like to do a big movie with Katie Holmes?” and Chace mustve said “These Gossip Girl producers can go to hell! Give me the freakin contract! I’ll sign it right here!”. And my prediction for what will happen in the future———– Chace will walk out of Gossip Girl after a few sucessful movies and the GG producers will be begging for him to come back. Ha! Shoulda thought about that when u were giving him 30 seconds per episode screen time!
Okay im really drunk right now so im gonna stop before i write something stupid. Bottom line : I LOVE CHACE CRAWFORD AND I WILL NOT WATCH GOSSIP GIRL IF THEY WRITE HIM OFF! THE END.

SO69Pinky

Posted at 12:47 PM on May 12, 2011

sorry my comment below appeared twice…
what im trying to say is…. WE WANT CHACE CRAWFORD ON GOSSIP GIRL FOREVER! <3
Dont write him off Pweeeeeeeeese!

SO69Pinky

Posted at 12:42 PM on May 12, 2011

I think all of us should go to the CW Gossip Girl office and protest for the following things…
1. Don’t you DARE write Chace Crawford off Gossip Girl.
2. We can’t take the Chuck-Blair romance anymore! If it’s gonna continue then please create a seperate show for them.
3. We want Serena and Nate together again! they were always meant to be! (anyone remember the paparazzi kiss?)
4. Nate Archibald should have 15min+ screen time for every episode in entire season 5 to make up for all the screen time he lost on season 4.
5. Get Jenny Back ;)

Who’s with me?!?!?!?!

ririeadam

Posted at 8:59 PM on May 12, 2011

i agree,mostly no.2
CHAIR shippers r beyond pathetic. GG shouldn’t be about them. it’s aboutS. oh god, the writers r so stupid.

SO69Pinky

Posted at 12:42 PM on May 12, 2011

1. Don’t you DARE write Chace Crawford off Gossip Girl.
4. Nate Archibald should have 15min+ screen time for the entire season 5 to make up for all the screen time he lost on season 4.
5. Get Jenny Back ;)

Who’s with me?!?!?!?!

OMFGG

Posted at 12:31 PM on May 12, 2011

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THEY CANT DO THAT!!!!!!!!!!! HE IS SO HOT AND TALENTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY THE HELL WOULD ANYONE KICK OUT A HOTTIE LIKE CHACE CRAWFORD OUT OF THEIR SHOW????????????????????????????????????????

teresaHLfan

Posted at 12:29 PM on May 12, 2011

HollywoodLife, have u confirmed if this is true or not???? BECAUSE I AM TOTALLY FREAKING OUT!!!!!! ALL MY LIFE I HAVE HAD ONE FAVOURITE ACTOR – CHACE CRAWFORD AND ONE FAVOURITE SHOW – GOSSIP GIRL.
I cannot handle my favourite actor getting written off my favourite show!!!!!! Please Please PLEASE I BEG YOU!!!! ASK THE PRODUCERS TO CONFIRM WHETHER THEY’RE GOING TO WRITE OFF CHACE CRAWFORD!!!!!!!! PLEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JLOmia

Posted at 8:57 AM on May 12, 2011

if u ask me :- i stopped watching the show after jenny was gone…. now ill start HATING the show if chace is gone too >:(

tunaprincess101

Posted at 3:56 AM on May 12, 2011

i dont watch gossip girl and i dont know who nate archbald is either.but that shirtless guy in the picture is seriously hot. if i were the writer i dont think i would let such a hot guy out of my show.

~brOkenbEll~

Posted at 3:52 AM on May 12, 2011

There are way too many chace crawford fans out there (including me :P) … the question is will they all continue to watch the show if he’s gone? And will the ratings drop? Well we dont know… in season 1 & 2 nate was one of the important leading characters on the show but now theyve reduced him to a supporting role of raina’s possesive boyfriend… i think he deserves more than that.
So im just saying if they continue to not give justice to his character, i think chace should quit the show because its doing nothing for his career. in my opinion, i dont think i would watch the show without chace… id rather watch him in a good movie :)

toscanofan

Posted at 3:30 AM on May 12, 2011

Is this some kind of joke?? Are they really gonna kick Chace out of Gossip Girl? Are they CRAZY? One thing is 4 sure… If he’s out of the show… then im not gonna watch it anymore…
they might as well rename the show as “the never ending story of whether Chuck and Blair will ever get together” Pfft.
i miss season 1 and 2 of Gossip Girl… season 4 is super boring..

GagaCrazy

Posted at 1:34 PM on May 12, 2011

hahaha the never ending story of whether Chuck and Blair will ever get together!!!!!! nice title :D
i dont want chace crawford off the show either. i hate chuck and blair and i only bear throught all their scenes to see those few gorgeous seconds of nate archibald :)

hilary23

Posted at 3:05 AM on May 12, 2011

There are 2 things i have to say after reading this article
1. The producers/writers are major idiots if they kick chace crawford out of the show.
2. After seeing that picture of him in the article……… i want chace crawford…in my house…waiting for me….every night…. in my bed………………..Naked :P

Pran10

Posted at 2:49 AM on May 12, 2011

Those Gossip Girl writers can shove their scripts… Chace Crawford I just wanna tell you no matter what your fans will always love you for who you are :)
I dont care if he gets written off the show… he’s young and talented and has a huge career filled with opportunities ahead waiting for him…

RaiyzKN

Posted at 1:32 PM on May 12, 2011

awww so sweet! :) i love chace crawford too and i dont want him off the show

teedyyy

Posted at 2:31 AM on May 12, 2011

◎★◎

believe you will love it.

====( w w w )( jordans forking )( c o m )

BEST QUALITY GUARANTEE!!

ZoeyLaceyGeorge

Posted at 2:17 AM on May 12, 2011

Chace Crawford is a really talented actor and the show is just wasting him by making him have senseless sex with guest stars and go shirtless for no reason. If he leaves the show I think it;s good for him. Atleast in the movies people can see his acting skills! I saw him in 2 movies – “long lost son” and “twelve” and i gotta say he was brilliant in both… much better than he is on gossip girl

Danii706

Posted at 2:39 AM on May 12, 2011

Agree… he acted really well in the long lost son… :)

KeyserSoze

Posted at 2:07 AM on May 12, 2011

Very weird because a few days ago when I heard that they’re getting jessica off the show i wondered who would be next and chace popped in my head. I dont want him to leave though. He and Raina make a nice couple :)

GG4eva

Posted at 1:59 AM on May 12, 2011

I wont stop watching the show but I’ll definately miss Nate a hell lot… But ummm… it doesn’t exactly feel the same way without him on the show…

Deeik95

Posted at 1:48 AM on May 12, 2011

i dont really care as long as they keep ed westwick on the show.
Although I might kinda miss the whole chuck-nate-dan bromance if nate’s gone.

Paula

Posted at 1:44 AM on May 12, 2011

I don’t really blame him for signing that movie… the poor guy really needs a storyline on the show… if the producers give 90% of the screen time to chuck and blair’s now-getting-a-bit-irritating on and off romance, i really wont be surprised if the other stars on the show get pissed and sign other projects…
My say is – Go Chace! you made the right descision by signing that big movie. You can never trust the producers of teen drama tv shows to keep your career alive.

ALISON

Posted at 1:34 AM on May 12, 2011

NOOOOOOOOO! I can’t handle this!!! It was bad enough they kicked out Jenny and now NATE ARCHIBALD? My liking for Gossip Girl has reduced a lot since season 3 but this is just terrible beyond words…
If theres nate is not on the show anymore ill go back to reading the books and forget that there was ever a show based on it!

SLTS-N

Posted at 1:18 AM on May 12, 2011

please dont write off chace crawford! i love him <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Get that charlie girl off instead! i Hate her!
im so happy vanessa is gone!

chahlee

Posted at 1:07 AM on May 12, 2011

Katie Holmes is a sure fire way to ruin a movie bahaha
it wont make much of a difference if they kick him out of da show. he’s barely on for 3 minutes in every episode. these days its all chuck&blair this chuck&blair that… all the other characters lost their importance.

iworshipkanwest

Posted at 12:54 AM on May 12, 2011

I don’t think they’re gonna write him off… more than half the female viewers watch the show just to see him shirtless… take my sister for example lol

Danii706

Posted at 12:47 AM on May 12, 2011

OMG say it ain’t so!!!! CHACE CANNOT LEAVE GOSSIP GIRL!!!!! HE’S LIKE THE HOTTEST GUY ON THE SHOW!!!!! I can understand if they kick out taylor momsen and jessica szhor but CHACE CRAWFORD?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I might stop watching if he’s out of the show.

Sandy

Posted at 12:43 AM on May 12, 2011

This is so ironic because Nate is the MAIN character in the Gossip Girl books…. It wud be really sad if he left the show… nate is my favourite character on Gossip Girl… On the other hand if Chace gets a really good movie career by leaving GG i guess i dont mind that much… but somehow Gossip Girl wont be the same without Nate Archibald..

Jessica

Posted at 10:45 PM on May 11, 2011

I wonder if it’s because fans are having trouble picturing him in a heterosexual relationship.

Jessica

Posted at 10:47 PM on May 11, 2011

I was just about to say the exact same thing, lol.

Paula

Posted at 12:38 AM on May 12, 2011

how lame… u commented on your own comment :/