'Vampire Diaries' Scoop: Tyler Will 'Probably' Stay In Mystic Falls For Caroline, Michael Trevino Tells Us!

Tue, May 10, 2011 3:44pm EDT by 9 Comments

Plus, Michael has high hopes that Tyler & Matt’s bromance will eventually return to its former glory.

When we last saw teen wolf Tyler Lockwood (Michael Trevino) on The Vampire Diaries, he was super-naked and cuddling up with newly-single Caroline (Candice Accola). So does this mean we’ll finally see them enter the more-than-friends zone on Thursday’s season finale? We caught up with Michael on May 7 at Tyler Shields‘ “Life is Not a Fairytale” photo exhibit in LA for the straight scoop!

Read on for our full interview with Michael. Then head to the comments section and sound off on all things Tyler Lockwood!

We’re big fans of Tyler and Caroline as a couple. Any chance of that now that Matt broke up with Caroline?

“What I would like to happen is for them to be, in a funny sense of the word, a dynamic duo. I feel like with everything happening in Mystic Falls with werewolves, vampires and the Originals, there’s a lot of chaos going on. Maybe Tyler and Caroline could show some balance where it’s like ‘Look, we can co-exist!’ Obviously they both have feelings for each other, too. So who knows? It would be nice to have a little romantic relationship between Caroline and Tyler.

Is Tyler going to keep his promise to Caroline to stick around?

I would like to if my producers allow it! I’d like to see him stick around. You would figure he can’t leave again. He’s left once already. And his mother is in the hospital, so he probably wants to take care of her now that she’s in danger. She might be aware of vampires and werewolves, too. [Her fall down the stairs] was pretty bad, but it did warrant Tyler coming back to town. But I think Caroline is the main reason why he stays; Jules is dead now. There are other werewolves out there, obviously, but there are no other werewolves that he knows of, at this point anyway. Who knows, if they do a flashback episode, maybe there are other werewolves. But right now he doesn’t know any. He just knows Caroline.

Are Matt and Tyler going to be friends again? Do you miss filming those buddy/buddy scenes with Zach Roerig?

I really do. I miss working with Zach. And also Steven [R. McQueen.] I think they’ll be friends. Like he said in the last episode, he’s by himself. His mother’s gone, he lost his sister. … Who else is he going to turn to? He realizes Tyler means well, but obviously, given the circumstances of the moon coming every now and then, you can’t control that.

Tell us about your new wolf-related philanthropy project.

A friend of mine on Twitter, Chloe, works with Ian Somerhalder’s charity, which is great. She’s like, ‘We should do something similar.’ I was all about it. So we both collaborated and agreed on this wolf sanctuary here in California that needs funding. People are donating money to adopt [wolves]; they need food and better care there because there’s no funding for them. Our first step right now is selling these bands that say ‘Team Tyler’ on them. There are new ones coming out that say ‘Save the Wolf’ and all proceeds go to the wolf sanctuary. It’s going to get bigger, especially now that I’m in California; I’m staying around here this summer.

And what else will you be doing with your summer?

I have a project right now that we’re still trying to figure out dates for. I might be filming something in mid-to-late June in Detroit, if all goes well.

Follow Andy on Twitter for more ‘Vampire Diaries’ scoop

Reporting by Lorena O’Neil

Follow Lorena on Twitter

Stefan fans forever!!!

Posted at 1:34 AM on February 11, 2012

Eventhough i love matt,but i thk tyler belong with caroline,season 2 ep14 changed my mind…it was so sad,i cried

Louise

Posted at 11:56 AM on July 21, 2011

I think they are absolutely adorable together and I can’t wait until season 3 because the writers say that him and Caroline will be like Romeo and Juliet…I just really hope they don’t end like Romeo and Juliet. They have so much chemistry together and I love them. It’s only the 21st of July and I am already having withdrawel symptoms. I cannot believe season 3 only starts on the 15th of September!!! I can’t wait!!!! :)

Louise

Posted at 12:02 PM on July 21, 2011

I don’t like Matt though and I really, with all my heart…do not want Matt and Caroline to get back together again. The thing is, I don’t want Matt to die either…because I was re-watching season 1 and 2 of the Vampire Diaries and Matt really isn’t that bad. I actually understand now why he reacted that way to Caroline being a vampire. You have to admit, hes been through a lot. But now, to find out his girlfriend was a vampire and that his dead sister Vicki was right about vampires all along? He’s not such a bad guy, he reacted like any normal person that has not been involved with anything supernatural would have. So, I dont want him to go…they just need to find a totally different and interesting storyliine for him because basically he is quite a useless character. All he does is follow Caroline around like a puppy. Is there sieriously not anything else he can do? If not..then maybe he should go.

Natalie

Posted at 7:01 PM on May 12, 2011

I read an interview that said Tyler won’t be at the season finale but he will obviously be in season 3. This means there’s no Forwood until September! D: That’s an agony, I’ll miss their epicness, chemistry and cuteness!
Tyler and Caroline FTW!

M

Posted at 11:36 AM on May 11, 2011

Tyler and Caroline ALL THE WAY! :)

If they plan on keeping Matt around, they should find a different storyline for him. He doesn’t really have anything going on now.

Charlotte

Posted at 1:01 AM on May 11, 2011

Tyler and Caroline are awsome together. Matt was such a jerk and he never deserved Caroline. She is too good for Matt. Tyler on the other hand has turned out to be a super sweet guy.

Eden

Posted at 5:59 PM on May 10, 2011

I definitely think that Caroline should be with Tyler because they understand each other more. They both understand how hard it is to live their lives. Matt is actually kinda mean and he doesn’t get it what so ever.
In plus, Tyler and Caroline are super cute together!

Andy

Posted at 6:32 PM on May 10, 2011

Agreed! Tyler/Caroline FTW.

Chloe

Posted at 4:16 PM on May 10, 2011

Awesome article! Thanks for the shoutout Trevino!

For more info on how to help out our Save The Wolf campaign check out: