Emily Maynard Has Broken Up With 'Bachelor' Brad Womack For Good, Says Source!

Tue, May 10, 2011 4:57pm EDT by 25 Comments

Emily broke up with Brad a week and a half ago, a source tells HollywoodLife.com — that explains her recent trip to Austin.

Emily Maynard and Bachelor Brad Womack have broken up for good! “It happened about a week and a half ago,” a source very close to Emily tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively.

The reason behind the breakup? Emily still has feelings for her ex-boyfriend, automotive executive David Smith, explains the source. “She’s got something with David,” says the source. “And David totally digs Emily.”

But even though Emily has ended things with Brad, she and David are taking it slow.

“David wants everything to be right,” the insider tells us. “He wants to give her time and see how everything plays out.”

“David’s very patient,” continues the source. “He knows that Emily totally digs him, but wants to let her get herself together.”

Emily and David dated before she appeared The Bachelor. We’re told they were a good couple and got along well — though Emily seemed “reserved” around David.

David had been friends with her fiance Ricky Hendrick, who died in a plane crash in 2004.

And, in an odd twits, David lives in Ricky’s father’s old house according to the source . It is no doubt a bit awkward for Emily to visit David at his home given the history. But now Emily has left her new fiance, Brad, in the dust, and is hoping to get back together with David.

“We are not commenting on Brad and Emily’s personal lives,” an ABC spokesperson tells HollywoodLife.com.

BFFs — do you think this was a smart move on Emily’s part? Tell us what you think!

- Lindsey DiMattina

More Bachelor Stories:

1. Brad’s Desperate To Win Emily Back!
  2. Brad & Emily Happy Over Drinks In Austin!
  3. Brad & Emily’s Cozy Lunch In Austin!

Anneke Saayman

Posted at 9:06 AM on May 19, 2012

Hi! -‘m from South Africa and the season of bachelor Brad is showing here at the moment! I think Brad and Emily makes the perfect couple and they’ve been through so much together already and this brings you closer. I don’t believe in true love but they made me believe in love again!

silver jewelry,jewelry, fine jewelry, fashion jewelry, jewelry stores, online jewelry store, custom jewelry, silver jewelry, wholesale silver jewelry, sterling silver jewelry, sterling silver jewelry wholesale, handicrafted silver jewelry, handmade silver

Posted at 8:50 AM on May 17, 2012

I beloved as much as you will obtain performed proper here. The cartoon is tasteful, your authored material stylish. nonetheless, you command get got an impatience over that you want be delivering the following. in poor health undoubtedly come more formerly again since exactly the similar just about very often inside case you protect this increase.

Mia Thomas

Posted at 9:25 PM on July 10, 2011

I think Emily should get her heart and priories straight before she even went on the show and don’t get me wrong I was voting on Ashley and Emily ( the first Ashley that went home) from the very first show where he meats the girls but if she still had feelings foe David she should have never went on the show!

pinkstar2011

Posted at 12:29 AM on May 26, 2011

Oops… “Gold digger” that is. :)

pinkstar2011

Posted at 12:27 AM on May 26, 2011

… Because David Smith has a S*%t load of money… What Emily got from Brad was her 15 minutes of fame and lots of sex…. He could never compete with David ‘s money…. Even thou he’s twice as tall as David is… LOL. Can we say “Gol digger”?

CanaanElizabeth

Posted at 12:01 AM on May 24, 2011

“In an odd twits”?????? Wow…sweet ‘journalism’…

Coroloro

Posted at 6:46 AM on May 17, 2011

I very much agree with other posters like Robin Earle. I watched Brad’s first Bachelor, and I was quite upset with Brad- I felt the guy was a jerk, and really disliked who he was. But when he came back, I really saw that he had gotten into his issues and really had come into the show with a new, honest perspective (I don’t think they’d have let him back otherwise). He struck me as being incredibly sensitive and open, and very introspective- very willing to question himself, in a way you don’t just ‘fake’. I really liked Emily, she was my ‘favourite’ for a long time, but then I began to realise something – what got me about her wasn’t “her”, it was her daughter, and her story. That’s what got the vampire-girl and caused her to drop out- and that, in the end, is what I think got Brad. It seems as though Emily’s situation, her life, took precedence over HER, and it was such a heart-breaking story that automatically people overlooked who she was and any clear flaws. I think maybe even she had begun to hide behind her story- using it as a defense. When I began to look past her story, and her daughter, I realised that all the signs show that she is very insecure- she constantly questions Brad, over and over, and while that’s understandable having a daughter/family, I also see a lot of selfishness there. As though she wants a normal situation, in a completely abnormal one. I’m a Dad, I have a five year old boy… and yet it seems to me that she’s rather gone over-board as a parent. She has a lot of her own issues to work out, and may not be willing to deal with them, while Brad is visibly trying to deal with his. I imagine he might be frustrated with the fact that she isn’t willing to bring those issues out, either. It seems like after ‘chasing’ after Brad, what Emily really wants is Brad to chase after her. I really respect and appreciate the person Brad has grown into- he has a temper, but ALL men do, it’s how we deal with it that matters, and he seems to be trying to deal with it properly. I personally hope Brad moves on from Emily, as there seems to be no real future there- and perhaps finds someone from the show he had another real connection with who would be willing to give him a second chance.

robin earle

Posted at 4:05 PM on May 12, 2011

In all this every one has wanted to make Brad the bad guy. His past, temper, drinking..on and on. Yet, we saw Emily’s temper. She admitted she wants her way and does not want to be wrong or give in. Rumors Brad called the network for a second chance. No I do not think Brad has that kind of power. They called him. It was apparent to me that Emily has not gotten over or let go of her past so being with someone from that world would be keepng Rikci around. She said on the show she was ready and wanted to leave that world behind. She also said she pushes every man away. I wish that she would of taken herself off the show or not gone on at all.. Maybe TV but many of the women really wanted love and were ready and open. Maybe TV, but love is found in many ways. I was single 15 years after my husband left and I had 4 kids. I met my 2nd husband on inernet dating site where we emailed long before we talked and we “just knew” in our emails. The day we met we married 4 months later and now it is 5 plus years later and we are very happy. We are in our 50’s and both had been left. So you have a past and of course baggage. As Ali said on Twitter yesterday “we all come with baggage, what we need to do is find someone who loves us enough to help us unpack. Emily led Brad on and screamed at him every Monday and Tuesday because he did what every other Bachleor and Bachleorette has done. She knew what goes on on the show and it is edited in a way to keep us guessing. I am not for all the kissing but..on the other hand if you are in it to give all the girls a fair chance them treating them equally is fair and I would not get engaged to him If I had not kissed the guy to make sure the Chemisrty is there. This women has been on and off and if she had another in the picture at all she should of stayed the heck off the show. I feel Bad for brad. The ney sayers regarding Brad need to relaize we all have issues and the older we get the more room for making mistakes,. Yet with that grows wisdom. I would not want to be judged for my past, nor would my husband wantme to do that. Brad move on and know some of us support you! Not all of us think Emily is wife material just because she is beautiful to look at. She had a baby at 18 and without the Hendricks money she would then have some idea what single mothers go through who have to worry if they can buy grocieries that week. I know I raised 4 for 10 years alone. I dated when they were at there dads and knew I would never merry until they were 18 and gone as I just never met man I wanted to have influence over my kids. So I was honest from the start. How can you even live up to a young love which was never given the chance the test of time or let alone mistakes and life struggles ALL married couples face. Ricki never got old enough to make his own mistakes so the halo she has over that realtionship will always be ahead of any other man. I mean NO DISPRECT regarding Emily’s ongoing love with her first love. Too bad for Brad as there were so many nice women on the show and were not even seen by Brad as when he met Emily he only had eys for her. I will never watch the show agian other to look at it s just simple entertainment. I feel that they need to out the truth, which by the way would get every off their backs and move on to more news worthy issues!

kristen

Posted at 11:07 AM on May 12, 2011

I hope brad and Emily are together but if its` true that he wasnt` good to her daughter then Im glad there not to together ! Brad has anger promblems and Emily is a sinsitve and of course strong person but it kind of makes` since for her to be with someone other than Brad after what happend to her fiance. I hope to see Emily on Bachelorte if she isnt` with Brad. sad! about Brad and Emily.

Linda

Posted at 9:43 PM on May 11, 2011

They are so over that Emily is tweeting to Brad’s SIL and friends that she wishes she could be in Austin with them at an event that includes Brad TONIGHT. Yep, so over this time per your source. These stories are getting old. Yawn.

Sue

Posted at 9:17 PM on May 11, 2011

Then she should of never gone on the bachelor. If she had feelings for someone else.

LittleMo

Posted at 7:47 PM on May 11, 2011

I think Brad had a lucky escape. If you listen to things Emily has said since doing the show she wants absolute guarantees that her heart will never be broken, that she will never be hurt, and so on. Well, life makes no promises and nobody – even other single parents – has a right to expect any guarantees of any kind. Emily expected Brad to put the brakes on anything with any of the other contestants on the show once he started falling for her, but that’s not even reasonable. She has to have seen the show and it’s not really that different than real life if you think about it – stuff just happens a whole lot faster. People play the field with dating and maybe meet someone along the way that might be special but without immediately jumping into a serious relationship. While going on with life, people starts to wonder if that person who is starting to stay on their mind might be something more and now that becomes more than a casual date. If it is working out, then it moves toward an exclusive, semi-serious relationship. That is all Brad was doing with the other women on the show, figuring out as time went on that Emily was the one he wanted as he thought early on. It would have been ludicrous for him, or anyone, to make that kind of decision that early in the process. Even Chris Harrison has said that Emily had the mother of all hissy fits over watching the show (my words, not his but meaning the same).

Joy

Posted at 2:54 PM on May 11, 2011

I think Emily & Brad are going to fool everyone….I think they are going to make it…they are workin thru their problems & taking it day by day…they did not jump into marriage without trying life as normal couples do…keep up the good work, Brady & Emily…I am betting on you!!

Becca

Posted at 10:13 PM on May 10, 2011

Who cares? I am the biggest bachelor fan and I never felt it for this couple. Her whole story was a lie and Brad missed out on a great girl who actually had a personality, Chantal. Brad owns a bar and his life is at night . On Emily’s twitter she says she is a grump after 8 and is in bed by 9:00. Can you say boring? She is 24!!!! Everyone just go to Ali’s facebook and see a real couple.

Diane

Posted at 12:00 AM on May 11, 2011

you do,if you didnt care i dont think you would’ve even comment on this post or even looked at her tweets to see what shes up 2. you dont even know her how do you know her story’s not true? seriously you need to grow up!! fyi they’re still together and she is not 24 shes 25!

kristen

Posted at 11:09 AM on May 12, 2011

That wasnt` true her whole story is real! what do you read some trash mag? Emily and everyone stated thats` her fiance and her story is real!

pinkstar2011

Posted at 12:39 AM on May 26, 2011

… If she said she’s in bed by 9… Then she lied again because I have seen her out partying till the wee hours of the morning in Charlotte’s party scene….
She’s such a fake… She’s taken the poor Hendrick’s for all she can…Easy money… Just as easy as she is…

lol

Posted at 9:28 PM on May 10, 2011

I think Emily lives in Ricky’s house that thye lived in before he died.

This is all stupid nonsense. Brad & Emily are very much together. Probably your source is Laurel again. lol

pinkstar2011

Posted at 12:44 AM on May 26, 2011

David Smith lives in Mr Hendrick’s old house not Ricky’s…. He bought Ricky’s parent’s house…. Real nice….

confused

Posted at 8:33 PM on May 10, 2011

I usually don’t comment on any of the tabloid rumors that seem to change every hour of everyday. But, my confusion on this that your “source” is very close to Emily correct? My thoughts are that they can’t be very close or even a friend because if they were I don’t believe that they would be running their mouth to a tabloid about anything. To me if they supposedly know them then they would honor Emily’s request for privacy. Just my humble opionion.

XOXO

Posted at 6:21 PM on May 10, 2011

yeah go ahead and delete comments. this story is a LIE an hour ago it said that ricky died in 2006. You people just need to leave Brad and Emily alone move on with your sad little lives. The Bachelor ended months ago and you still can’t find anything else to talk about. All the lies that y’all spread will eventually turn and head to you. This website is gay by the way.

XOXO

Posted at 6:20 PM on May 10, 2011

Rosie

Posted at 6:17 PM on May 10, 2011

You writers are CRAZY. STOP WITH THE GUESSING. It’s obvious Emily and Brad did more than just say goodbye over the weekend. That would have been one long, slow, intimate goodbye. You gossip bloggers are just making yourselves look downright stupid!!

lotus tea

Posted at 5:38 PM on May 10, 2011

Brad shouldn’t of picked her physco butt from the start

OK

Posted at 5:32 PM on May 10, 2011

So she spent a whole weekend with him just to break up with him? That makes no sense!