Kate Gosselin Couldn't Look Hotter At The Kentucky Derby — But She Ditched Her Kids On Mother's Day Weekend!

Sat, May 7, 2011 2:59pm EDT by 21 Comments

Kate parties hard without her brood — but couldn’t she have picked any other weekend to go out?

All mothers deserve a break and the chance to have a night on the town — but did Kate Gosselin have to choose Mother’s Day weekend to gallivant across the country?

Kate, 36, left the kids behind as she traveled to Louisville, Kentucky for the 137th running of the Kentucky Derby. And while she looked stunning in a skintight golden dress for a gala at the Barnstable-Brown House on May 6, we can’t help but wonder if her eight children are a little miffed she’s out of town the same weekend as Mother’s Day!

One thing’s for sure — this trip certainly shows Kate’s priorities…

Get More Kate Gosselin News Here!

1. Kate Gosselin Says She’ll Be Dead Before She Does Online Dating!
  2. Kate Sobs Uncontrollably In Front Of Her Kids! Watch
  3. Kate Gosselin Lost 10 Pounds In 10 Days! Find Out How!

Pa.nett

Posted at 11:23 AM on May 9, 2011

She is nothing more than a shameless celeb ho craving Public attention over taking care of her kids. cannot believe people watch her anymore. Hope she saved up some money for her kids visits to the head doctor when they hit puberty.

lynn

Posted at 7:54 AM on May 9, 2011

Derby is one day-happened to be day before Mothers Day. I bet he had them and she went back to see them on Sunday. Sometimes alone time is what a mom wants on Mothers Day. Not like she was out partying while her child was in hospital or something. Trying to make negative story where there is none. I bet all the haters could not survive a week in her shoes with all those kids-help or no help. I say good for her-Jon partied enough while she was home. I’m not a fan of either parent but am tired of the haters telling her how to raise her kids. They are not on welfare, and look healthy to me. I’ve seen much worse moms in the real world. Kids look happy/loved to me.

Stormyboo

Posted at 2:28 PM on May 8, 2011

Well her show is close to being cancelled, so maybe she needs to get her partying in before she has to go back and work double shifts at the Hospital

Mike

Posted at 2:17 PM on May 8, 2011

WORST Mother of the CENTURY Award….

pegs

Posted at 2:33 AM on May 8, 2011

Why would this article say how great Kate Gosselin looks? Her hair looks like her children playing dress up fixed it, she is orange and her dress is not age appropriate. Please stop trying to endorse this despicable woman. She needs to learn to stay at home and take care of those poor children she bore to exploit. Kate Gosselin go away, no one can stomach you!

A. Bramlette

Posted at 2:00 AM on May 8, 2011

It doesn’t matter what she does – you all will find fault with her. So judgemental. Leave her alone for a change!

Tracy

Posted at 1:30 AM on May 8, 2011

I can’t believe you would say “this trip certainly shows Kate’s priorities”. You seem like an extremely closed minded, judgemental individual! Give her a break! It’s only Mother’s Day, not like it’s Christmas….

Victoria

Posted at 1:16 AM on May 8, 2011

Maybe this is just how it was in my family but on mother’s day, us kids spent the day doing things for my mom. Cleaning, cooking, giving her peace and quiet time, and giving her gifts. She loves how we all come together every mother’s day even now that we are all grown up to spend the day making her feel special

Ros

Posted at 12:05 AM on May 8, 2011

Kate is not really my cup of tea. But that´s why they call it Mothers day, it supposed to be her day. She can do whatever she wants, because it´s her “free” day.

Mary Ann

Posted at 10:35 PM on May 7, 2011

Kate really needs a stylist! She looks very trashy.

Janell Jester

Posted at 10:10 PM on May 7, 2011

Her visitation is probably standard every other weekend and does not allow changes for mothers and fathers day. Every other year you would then have. To the grumpy guy who gets his you are blessed. To kate, Go girl enjoy your day and you look great!

kate who

Posted at 9:51 PM on May 7, 2011

I do believe in visitation rights the kids go to mom on mothers day and go to father on fathers day. DUH !!
I myself am a divorced father, I know this.

Paige

Posted at 8:30 PM on May 7, 2011

its MOTHERS day not kids day? moms leave and do something 4 themselves! its her day not thiers… not like shes leaving on thier birthday! TEAMKATE

Linda

Posted at 11:02 PM on May 7, 2011

WOW! So Kids should not spend time with MOM on Mother’s Day? OMFG what rock do you live in! And I know for a fact no matter what visitation they have, it’s always allowed that kids go to mom on mom day and dad on dad day even if not the normal day they are supposed to be with that one. That’s standard policy. Shame on her for not spending family time like everyone else on mothers day! I for once NEVER was away from my mom on mom’s day when I was a kid and neither will my kids have to spend a mom’s day without me

Skin Tightening for Her Face?

Posted at 7:02 PM on May 7, 2011

Does she need a little skin tightening in the face? Botox?
She’s not looking like an old tired dog as much anymore

Kate Was Looking Like a Monster

Posted at 7:00 PM on May 7, 2011

Now . . its Jon who looks like the monster!

Carrie

Posted at 5:26 PM on May 7, 2011

Really! It’s Jon’s weekend. She can do what she wants on Jon’s weekends with the kids.

Tori

Posted at 5:21 PM on May 7, 2011

I’m no Kate Gosselin fan, but I don’t think she’s doing anything wrong here. This is the perfect weekend for dad to watch the kids and mom to have a little fun.

Ann

Posted at 4:55 PM on May 7, 2011

Fame horror

c

Posted at 3:17 PM on May 7, 2011

disagree – on a day she’s supposed to do what she wants she should get a break from her 8 little monsters

steff17

Posted at 2:13 AM on May 8, 2011

BONNY~ Why do you continue to post about Kate? Nobody is intrested. Her faithful (lone) pap Chris from inf has deserted her. She is no longer being written about because everyone is sick to death of her. Her show is expected to be cancelled any day now. Kate is now on twitter and 99% of her followers are teens. These kids do not understand what it is to be a real mother. I enjoy your site but am turned off every time I see Kates pic.