Woman Unknowingly Gives Birth To An Eight Pound Baby: ‘I Thought I Was Dying!’

Fri, May 6, 2011 4:46pm EDT by 18 Comments

Lauren Peberdy was an average, size 8 woman when she gave birth to an 8lb., 7 oz. baby without even knowing she was pregnant! How bizarre is that?

Lauren Peberdy, 20, had been to the doctor’s office two weeks earlier for a contraceptive pill check-up, where she was told everything was OK! Normal weight, normal blood pressure, no symptoms. But obviously everything wasn’t normal — as she shockingly discovered.

Lauren was in her boyfriend, 21-year-old Gavin Jones‘ bathroom when her water broke and she delivered her son Dylan-James. “I didn’t know what was happening at first. I thought I was dying’,” Lauren, 20, from Deeside, North Wales, UK tells the Daily Mail. “By the time the paramedics arrived five minutes later I had given birth on the bathroom floor.”

Even more shocked by the whole thing was Gavin, who noticed absolutely no cravings, weight gain or mood swings in his girlfriend of two years — who was on birth control. At five and a half months pregnant, an amazingly thin Lauren showed no signs of a bump.

Can you believe this can really happen? It’s unbelievable!

–Leigh Blickley

Get more:

1. This Woman Didn’t Know She Was Pregnant With A Nine Pound Baby! HUH?
  2. Bonnie Reveals: I Tried In Vitro Like Celine, But It Didn’t Work For Me AND I Was Desperate To Have A Baby!
  3. Truly Disturbing News: Half Of Six-Year-Old Girls Think They’re Overweight!

someone

Posted at 4:26 PM on May 24, 2011

just wondering how do you not feel the baby kicking or moving around?

nona

Posted at 4:47 PM on May 20, 2011

rrrgh, I’m so confused. 1st of all, the link I clicked to get to this article was about Mariah Carey “boozing in the hospital.” 2nd of all, it sounds like it was a full-term baby, but the article says the mother wasn’t showing at 5.5 months. What about at 7, 8, 9 months? I’m not saying unknown pregnancies don’t happen, but there are some holes in this here article.

Jel

Posted at 6:22 PM on May 16, 2011

If you never been pregnant, then you wouldn’t know all the symptoms. And FYI, not everyone experiences the “typical” symptoms of pregnancy (vomiting, weight gain, weird food cravings). There have been many cases of women who didn’t know they were pregnant until they gave birth; and it wasn’t because they were ignoring it (like someone stated earlier) but because they just DIDN’T KNOW!

Courtney

Posted at 5:20 PM on May 15, 2011

it’s quite possible not to pick up on it if you have had issues with pregnancy before.

Miri Peacock

Posted at 3:03 PM on May 14, 2011

My little princess was born on New Years Eve and weighed 7lbs 5.5oz

Guin

Posted at 10:49 AM on May 18, 2011

You didn’t know either? Amazing!

Kim

Posted at 6:48 PM on May 12, 2011

Wow, some people are dumb! How can you NOT know your pregnant? Hello, there a a ton of signs!

Jen

Posted at 4:51 PM on May 15, 2011

It IS possible to not know that you’re pregnant. My aunt was 5 months pregnant, on birth control, still having regular periods, no cravings, no weight gain, and no other signs that she was pregnant AT ALL. The only reason she found out was because she ended up having to go to the hospital for other health reasons.

janeqing

Posted at 3:18 AM on May 10, 2011

where is my information???

Pat

Posted at 11:25 AM on May 9, 2011

Someone needs to check the IQ’s of thse women who get pregnant and do not realize it. I do not believ it, I think they are just trying to get a Reality show. Who would be dumb enought to admit this??

charlie brinklow

Posted at 9:43 AM on May 15, 2011

i was 2 and half months pregnant when i lost my baby and i did not know as i was bleeding little in between pregnancy. it can happen for woman not to know and was not till i was in the hospital that the doctor in morocco told me i lost the baby,the shock on mine and my Fionc’e face was terrified and very up set to have known i was pregant and we do love babies and wanted one, so it was a sad day for us but strange how to give birth to a 8 pound baby and no signs of being pregnant. its not possible for any one to be pregnant and show no signs and keep skinny. my mother said i was 7 pound 7 when i was born and she was huge.

charlie brinklow

Posted at 6:27 PM on August 7, 2011

ok im sure its ok to not know at first but i did think at 1 point i was as to my period being late and feeling the cravings also feeling sick but then i did bleed and thats when i thought i was not pregnant. then 2 and half months later i was rushed into hospital ( miscarriage ) . what makes me wonder is how a woman can go all the way to full term and have no idea what so ever. what doctors are they going too? i believe at first to not know if pregnant but not all the way and not be skinny hahaha its a joke just to be on tv

Verot

Posted at 12:45 PM on May 8, 2011

I hate how u guy rush the stories and dont get into detail at all!

Susan

Posted at 2:07 AM on May 8, 2011

how the hell does this happen in real life?

Pat

Posted at 11:28 AM on May 9, 2011

It doesn’t !! They just go on hoping they miscarriage or something happens to miscarry. A women knows period !! They are not fooling anyone but themselves. And it is sad because Prenatal care is so important.

Rache

Posted at 4:02 PM on May 13, 2011

Actually, clearly you are no OB/GYN. I didn’t know I was pregnant until 4 months into it. Each pregnancy is different and many of us has irregular periods. I was at the DR’s several times and no one suspected it.

Melissa M.

Posted at 8:43 PM on May 6, 2011

My daughter was 9lbs 2 oz!

Heather

Posted at 9:14 AM on May 7, 2011

You didn’t know you were pregnant either??