'The Hunger Games' Script Stays True To The Book & Makes Way For Prequels! Exclusive

Fri, May 6, 2011 3:18pm EST by 21 Comments

HollywoodLife.com spoke to an insider who has read ‘The Hunger Games’ script and reveals it will stay faithful to the book! The fans will be so happy!

The Hunger Games books have taken the literary world by storm as fans grasp on to a new trilogy that has the potential to be as successful as Twilight. The movie adaptation of the first novel is shaping up to be a blockbuster starring Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth . An insider working on the movie tells us that the script will please fans in how faithful it is to the original novel, and even contains some back-story that could pave the way to a prequel series!

“I think ‘Hunger Games’ fans will be thrilled with the script of the new movie, it stays very true to the book. Suzanne was very involved in the process and made sure the movie didn’t stray from her original ideas,” our source reveals.

As avid THG fans we are thrilled to hear this news! Even more exciting? Author Suzanne Collins and the movie’s executives are opening the door for a possible prequel series.

“The movie goes into a little bit more of the background story of how the Hunger Games first came about. [Suzanne] isn’t giving away too much but is providing information to whet people’s appetites over when the districts were first formed, and the initial revolution,” our spy explains.

The three books often mention the initial revolutionary attempts which lead to the Capitol creating the Hunger Games in the first place, but we would love to hear more details about the history of the world in which Peeta, Gale and Katniss reside.

Suzanne recently spoke with USA Today about the screenplay process of the first movie: “I wrote the treatment and original screenplay. Then screenwriter Billy Ray [State of Play] did a pass [or rewrite]. Then director Gary Ross [Seabiscuit] did a pass, then Gary and I did a pass together. I thought both guys were terrific.” It’s amazing that the author has stayed so involved to make sure her loyal fans are pleased!

Does this make you even more excited about The Hunger Games movie? Would you love to see prequels even if they don’t involve Katniss and her boys? Sound off below!

Lorena O’Neil

Love ‘The Hunger Games’? Follow Lorena on Twitter!

More on ‘The Hunger Games’

1. Jennifer Lawrence is a huge Katniss fan!
  2. Is ‘The Hunger Games’ the new ‘Twilight’?
  3. Elizabeth Banks cast as Effie in THG!

70 inch 4k tv for sale

Posted at 5:30 PM on September 25, 2014

Highly energetic blog, I loved that bit. Will there
be a part 2?

pharmacycatalog2014.com

Posted at 10:07 PM on September 20, 2014

What’s up, all is going perfectly here and ofcourse every one is sharing information,
that’s really good, keep up writing.

Posted at 3:14 AM on September 20, 2014

Hello there I am so excited I found your website, I really found you by
error, while I was looking on Aol for something else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to say thanks
for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to go through it all at the minute but I have saved it and also included your RSS feeds, so
when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the excellent
jo.

storage units in tucson

Posted at 9:16 AM on August 30, 2014

Call a local community college and make an appointment with an advisor, find out if
you qualify for financial aid, talk to them about career
options. The above talked about three methods to move Favorites in Internet Explorer 9.
From the years since inception of Moving – Relocation, a number of other websites begun to emulate the degree
of customer support it offers.

property manager a-1 quality plumbing pompano beach fl

Posted at 8:38 AM on August 28, 2014

Not to mention a job in the trades is much more interesting than filling the coffee maker at the 7-11.
For the first test, I placed each of the tablets (the entire packet
of the organic brand, which contained 4 tablets) in a teacup and filled
the cup with warm water. If the base is not level or rocks, adjust it by
placing the plastic shims under the base until even and not rocking.

celebrity dresses for sale 2012

Posted at 10:06 AM on August 23, 2014

Many if not all the styles are fashionable, trendy and hip.

This sort of doll is offered in every single doll shops and
you may attempt to collect them and make it as your favored
collection. You will be able to buy next fashion dress at
wholesale prices on liquorish.

world of tanks ps4

Posted at 2:37 AM on July 29, 2014

I think the admin ߋf this web site іs genuinely working hard in favor of hiѕ web site, fог the reason that here every inrormation iss qսality based
material.

boca raton internet marketing entrepreneur

Posted at 6:06 PM on July 5, 2014

It is necessary, not optional, for businesses to utilize social media to
advertise for customer response and raise brand awareness in 2014.

This is very important because the traditional forms of marketing such as television or radio.

This also means that you can reduce the cost that you had for
marketing before because you can immediately see the results with this online marketing
tool. The phone comes with a TFT display screen which offers colourful colour reproduction due
to the fact it is able to display 256,000 colours. Go back to
this pile of business cards, send an email to reintroduce yourself.
It’s no fun to be on a social network or to follow someone
who never talks to you. Best Feature: Easy to navigate dashboard and built-in link shrinking.

Young people speak digitally to each other in ways impossible for
parents and teachers to fully observe. Social media success is something
small business owners must achieve. Make sure your CRM tracking
system accounts for how people are finding you.

plastic surgery quotes funny

Posted at 10:07 AM on May 30, 2014

Advanced Plastic Surgery is here to celebrate beauty with its
state of the art facilities and innovative services such as dermabrasion, BOTOX Cosmetic, body surgeries, and the latest Vi – Peel.
I have never personally had any plastic surgery done but there are obvious
downsides to plastic surgery such as downtime, pain, and possible side effects.
They also exhibit a willingness to answer questions and to
make a patient feel safe and comfortable.

Dugi s Ultimate Wow Guide

Posted at 1:56 AM on April 11, 2012

I used to be suggested this website by means of my cousin. I am no longer sure whether or not this submit is written via him as nobody else recognise such targeted about my problem. You’re amazing! Thank you!

great web site

Posted at 6:49 PM on April 7, 2012

You realize therefore considerably on the subject of this subject, produced me for my part imagine it from numerous various angles. Its like women and men don’t seem to be involved until it is one thing to do with Woman gaga! Your individual stuffs excellent. Always handle it up!

montres breitling homme

Posted at 2:10 AM on April 6, 2012

Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I find It really helpful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to provide something again and aid others such as you helped me.

Daisy

Posted at 11:29 AM on May 7, 2011

I hope they don’t stick to Book 3. Books aren’t written to be movies. Some books work as a script, but to make a great movie – it is usually required to change some things to fit arcs, etc. I loved the first 2 books, but if they stick to the book faithfully ont he 3rd book – it’ll be pure disappointment for this fan.

JMT2cu

Posted at 2:30 AM on May 7, 2011

Go to you tube and watch some recent interviews of Josh (particularly the one from Jimmy Kimmel) and if your lucky find some of the stuff he made with his friends (they are hilarious) and you will see why the cast him as Peeta…

Alexa

Posted at 10:45 PM on May 6, 2011

@Ella: Okay, I read somewhere that Suzanne highly approved of Josh because he portrayed Peeta so well. And i have faith in Suzanne, she said she would have casted him if he was purple and had wings! She knows how Peeta is, every essence of him, she knows. And she casted Josh because he could BE Peeta. Alex Pettyfer is known for a cocky, bad attitude. Peeta is humble, sweet, and generous. That, Alex CANNOT portray. Sorry, but Josh is the real deal.
And Jennifer is PERFECT for Katniss. I Know she’ll be an amazing Katniss. Just sayin’
Peace!

cero

Posted at 12:47 AM on May 7, 2011

Exactly! I was at first skeptical about Josh Hutcherson being cast as Peeta, but after seeing his interviews and some of the movies he has been in, I’m convinced that Suzanne Collins and Gary Ross made the right choice. Josh’s persona embodies Peeta — from the self-deprecating humor to the facility for language. Plus, he has acting chops to boot. So what if he doesn’t have blond hair and blue eyes? That’s what they have the hair and make-up department for.

Ella

Posted at 9:09 PM on May 6, 2011

I already hated Jennifer Lawrence’s role as Katniss, and now they’re putting JOSH HUTCHERSON as Peeta?! How horrible! No offense to Josh Hutcherson, but I honestly think Alex Pettyfer would have been better for the role. Very disappointed.

-Ella

Momiko

Posted at 12:23 AM on May 7, 2011

Alex Pettyfer is WAY to old. By now, he looks 24, and he is playing a 16 year old boy? I don’t think so…

ann o.

Posted at 12:59 AM on May 7, 2011

alex pettyfer, i think, is more suited to star in action/adventure films and the like. based on what i’ve seen of him, his acting range might not be able to capture what is required for the role of peeta.

josh seems alright. he may not look the part (yet), but i believe he acts the part.

Me

Posted at 12:35 PM on May 7, 2011

Alex Pettyfer looks nothing like Peeta, aside from being blonde. Peeta is medium height, stocky build, and nothing in the books gives us the impression that he’s supposed to be gorgeous but rather normal (friendly) looking. Alex is tall, slender/muscular and looks like a model. I feel like readers make Peeta way more strikingly attractive than he’s described as being and that’s why Alex came up so much. Unlike with other cast members, hair/eye color is Josh’s ONLY problem in him looking like Peeta. That’s the easiest fix.

While Josh isn’t my choice for Peeta, I think he can act the part better than Alex would have. Not to mention, all of the awful things that people say about Alex’s behavior. True or not, that’s not baggage that you want attached to this series. I was very happy when Alex wasn’t in the running for Peeta anymore.

Callie

Posted at 7:02 PM on May 17, 2011

I actually disagree. Although, I’m still a bit angry at their choice, I think Alex would not have been a good Peeta. Alex is much better suited for Jace Wayland/Herondale/Lightwood in the Mortal Instruments movie. As for Katniss, I saw her in Winter’s Bone and thought “Hey, she’s like a blond Katniss!” I also heard that Suzanne Collins had a say in the cast and LOVED their choice for Peeta, so Josh must be good.