Bristol Palin Snubs Baby Tripp: 'I Wish I Waited' — WHOA!

Fri, May 6, 2011 11:00am EDT by 11 Comments

Getty ImagesBristol confesses that teen motherhood is not ideal and that she wishes she could go back and rethink her decision. Did she just diss her son?!

20-year-old Bristol Palin candidly speaks out about teen motherhood, telling Us Magazine, “There a lot of things that I love about being a mom, but you know what? Being a teen mom is not ideal.” We completely understand that, but come on, Bristol, look at what you have now, you’re beautiful son Tripp!

“…I wish that I could have had Tripp when I was in a married relationship,” adds Bristol, who is no longer in a relationship with Tripp’s father, 21-year-old Levi Johnston.

The daughter of Sarah Palin is a staunch supporter of abstinence and teen pregnancy prevention and plans on teaching Tripp the morals she preaches. “I’m going to let Tripp know how hard it was for me to be a teen parent and how not ideal it is,” she admts. “I know that he’ll learn.”

As for the toddler, he is getting into everything! “He’s talking and running around,” Bristol says. “Right now he’s taking skating lessons, so that’s something fun that we get to go to. I love everything about him!”

We’re glad to hear that! Remember what’s important, Bristol.

–Leigh Blickley

Get more on Bristol:

1. Bristol Palin Was Paid $262K By A Teen Pregnancy Prevention Foundation!! Wow!!
  2. Bristol Palin’s Boyfriend Mocks Down Syndrome—This Loser’s Even Worse Than Levi!
  3. Teen Mom War! Why Bristol Palin Is Dumping Her BFF, ‘Teen Mom’ Maci Bookout!

stormy2003

Posted at 8:35 PM on May 8, 2011

This poll is stated in a way that no matter what you answer it makes Bristol look like she is a bad mother. I am sure she wishes she had waited to have sex. I’m sure that most teem moms wish they had waited, but that doesn’t mean they love their children any less. You should be ashamed of yourself for your poor reporting on this one.

Kelley

Posted at 1:59 PM on May 7, 2011

Yeah….surrrre Bristol. Not so sure I believe you wish you waited. If she would have waited she would not be living the glamorous life she is living now. She would not have been on Dancing with the Stars, and wouldn’t be able to have all these expensive clothes, she wouldn’t have been able to have all the plastic surgery…and on and on. I in no way feel sorry for this girl. She had unprotected sex knowing the consequences and now she will have to live with it. At least she has money to afford giving him a comfy lifestyle…

LetJoseandMariabe#1ontheList

Posted at 5:51 AM on May 7, 2011

Teen Pregnancy among Mexicans and Mexican-Americans are rising, that is why the Spanish traditional names Jose and Maria are climbing on the top 10 name list. Those names will soon be #1 on the list.

Elle

Posted at 7:14 PM on May 6, 2011

“Wishing I had waited” is not the same as “I wish I didn’t have my kid.” I don’t care for the girl but her words should not be misconstrued.

Sam

Posted at 7:21 PM on May 6, 2011

I agree!

Lili

Posted at 11:02 AM on May 7, 2011

AGREED! This site is so hypocritical. I dont know why i still come and look at this site. Just jared has the SAME info.

Victoria

Posted at 12:50 PM on May 6, 2011

I agree with everyone above!! I was a teen mom and it wasn';t easy being 17 and single with a child and I wish i would have waited.. jeez give the girl a break, at least you dont see her trying to glamorize it like the teen mom heard of girls…..

susie q

Posted at 11:51 AM on May 6, 2011

And let y’all are praising the Teen Mom girls for doing a PSA about how they wish they waited. So they are aloud to wish that they waited but she can’t? Wow what a double standard.

Jack Smalls

Posted at 11:27 AM on May 6, 2011

Make up your mind people. Do you want teen moms to glamorize teen pregnancy or do you want them to tell teens to wait. She is a great mom and loves her son but wants teens to know that it is not easy. Get a grip and stop the Palin bashing.

groverette

Posted at 12:34 PM on May 6, 2011

thank you!!! It’s okay for the other ones to do the PSA but this is no good! Which is it???

becky

Posted at 10:17 AM on May 7, 2011

you couldnt have said it better……i totally agree