Bristol’s brand-new look — the result of work she’s had work done on her face, experts say — includes long extensions. HollywoodLife.com has the inside scoop on how to prep, apply, and maintain extensions!
Bristol Palin has made some serious changes recently and we may not be able to help you with the plastic surgery — but we can tell you how to get her extensions! We talked to Angelo David of the Angelo David Salon as well as Eric Rosado, stylist at the Ted Gibson salon, to find out how!
The teen mom may have wished she waited to have kids, but her recent makeover was a success! At least according to Angelo: “She went from this frumpy hard look — everything about it was just not great — to this much softer look. It’s much more of a glamour look. It was executed very nicely.”
When it comes to extensions, Angelo stresses the importance of having a serious talk with your stylist about the look you’re going for.
“I think first of all, you need to establish the look. Then it’s creating the right fit for each person,” Angelo says. “When someone comes in we have a thorough consultation. We take everything into consideration. Their lifestyle, who they want to be.”
Once you know what look you are going for, your stylist needs to figure out what type of extension is appropriate for your hair type. One of the best extensions for a beginner is the clip on — “probably the least maintenance. It’s wear it when you want it,” Angelo says.
Eric agrees — and speculates that Bristol is wearing clip-ons, “Hollywood’s best kept secret,” he says. “Using them for red-carpet appearances or just for everyday glam will allow you to add volume and/or length to any type of hair. They are versatile in that you can put them in and take them out whenever you’d like.”
Not only are clip-ins versatile, they also have much less upkeep! Extensions that are bound to your own hair take quite a bit of work to maintain.
Here are Angelo’s top tips for maintaining permanent extensions:
- “Never get into a shower with your hair styled. Brush it out first.”
- “Everything should be washed in one direction, preferably down.”
- “Two shampoos. You want to keep the scalp clean. Any oils that seep into the extensions can loosen them.”
- “After you shower, use a detangling spray and wide toothed comb.”
- “Blow drying is very important, try to get all the moisture out of the hair before you blow dry it.”
Check out the products below to help you get the look.
What do you think of Bristol’s extensions? Would you try them yourself? Let us know!
Read More About Bristol Here!
- Bristol Palin Gets Plastic Surgery Say Top Doctors: Do You Like Her New Look?
- Nina Dobrev V. Bristol Palin — Who Wore White Better At The White House Correspondents’ Dinner?
- Levi Johnston Is Writing A Tell-All Book About Dealing With Sarah Palin — This Is WAR!