Dianna rocks a flippy little pony on ‘Glee’ but her Met Ball do was something else altogether — and her hairstylist tells HollywoodLife.com how you can get her look!
Dianna Agron, 25, stepped out of her cheerleader persona to reveal a mature and sophisticated adult at the Met Ball on May 2. Here’s our exclusive chat with Sarah Potempa, the talented hairstylist who created her sleek ponytail!
Sarah was not creating just any ordinary ponytail. She wanted the style to be reflective of Dianna’s classic Michael Kors dress.
“I think with her going to the Met Ball, being in New York and the feeling of fashion — especially if it’s your first time going — you want to be taken seriously and seem mature, ” said Sarah. “With Michael Kors being very sleek, sophisticated and classy it was perfect. The ponytail was very thick and long. It was was kind of like a play on her thick, long gold cuff. It was a lot of structured lines.”
The hairstyle even got the seal of approval from Michael himself, who complimented Dianna on her hair look!
Here are Sarah’s top tips in creating Dianna’s ponytail:
- “Whenever you’re doing a strong side part, you want to make sure to create the part before you blow dry. I put a mousse in it and then blow dried it.”
- “I went through section by section and I flat ironed the entire thing, one inch by one inch, so all of that hair was really reflective and really shiny.”
- “I spray hairspray on the brush and then brush the hair into a ponytail so the product is being brushed in with the ponytail.”
To watch Sarah do a ponytail tutorial, see this video on her blog!
Check out the products below to see what Sarah used to create the look. Would you try Dianna’s fancy ponytail? We want to know!
See More Met Ball Looks
- Met Gala ‘Glee’ Showdown! Which Gal Looked Most Glam? Lea Michele Or Dianna Agron?
- Met Ball 2011 Best of Beauty: Top Makeup Looks Of The Night!
- Met Ball 2011 Best of Beauty: Top Hairstyles Of The Night!