Jesse James On Ex Sandra Bullock: 'She Has Cut Off All Contact With My Kids' — Bad Idea?

Wed, May 4, 2011 9:59am EDT by 7 Comments

With his new book “American Outlaw” finally released, Sandra Bullock’s ex opens up about his affair and his non-existent relationship with America’s Sweetheart: ‘I can’t worry about her anymore.’

In a candid interview on Good Morning America this morning, May 4, Jesse James, 42, who some people consider the “most hated man in America,” spoke out about his relationship with Sandra Bullock, 46, and the affair that destroyed what seemed to be the perfect life. Have you forgiven Jesse for what he did?

Jesse, who is now dating TLC’s L.A. Ink star Kat Von D, tells GMA reporter Vicki Mabrey that he moved his entire family out of California to Austin, Texas in order to be closer to baby Louis, 1, and Sandra, who had a wonderful relationship with his three children, Chandler, 16, Jesse, 13, and especially, 7-year-old Sunny. But, Jesse never got to see Louis, and Sunny lost complete contact with the woman whom she considered to be her mom.

“I moved initially so the kids could keep a relationship and I could kind of keep a relationship with Louis, and then whatever else happened besides that,” Jesse explains. “I’ve never seen Louis since everything happened. “I could only cry so much about him until I have to, like, suck it up and keep a stiff upper lip, and realize, hey, I have three kids that I do have.”

And as for Sunny, Jesse reveals, “She’s seen her [Sandra] a couple of times, but no contact at all for several months.” What a shame.

But, that’s what you get when you decide to shatter not only your own life, but the lives of your children. “I knew it was horrible while I was doing it,” Jesse admits of his extramarital affair, “I wanted to get caught, it was me trying to self sabotage my life.”

And as of now, Jesse’s self sabotage has led him in a new direction and he’s focused on his life with fiancee Kat and his three kids.

“I can’t worry about her anymore,” Jesse says of Sandra. “I think I’ve spent a chunk of the last five or six years worrying about her and what she thinks and what I should do and controlling all my movements,” he adds. “I think it’s time to worry about Jesse.”

Jesse admits that he’s not trying to redeem himself in the public eye, and good thing, because it’s not working. How do YOU feel about this, HollyMoms?

–Leigh Blickley

GET MORE ON JESSE AND SANDRA:

1. Sandra Bullock Is So Selfless — She’s Preparing Jesse James’ Daughter, Sunny, For Her New Mommy, Kat Von D.
  2. Sandra Bullock Waited So Long For A Baby—Now She Never Wants To Put Him Down!
  3. Jesse James’ Daughter, Sunny, Spent Christmas With Sandra Bullock. Is That A Good Idea?

Marty

Posted at 7:41 AM on May 16, 2014

Jesse is a guy who BELONGS with a hot stripper with tats, not Sandra Bullock. Sandra was trying to turn a Rottweiler into one of those little dogs you carry around in your purse. Crazy. What was SHE thinking. Jesse is a bad boy. Period. Everyone with a lick of sense knew that. Sandra is nice, but barf, can you put her more on a pedestal? Didja notice where he said he WANTED to be caught. Have you seen his other wives/girlfriends?? This was delusional. The break up predictable. Jesse looks like a guy who was suffocating in every picture. Pure craziness.

c

Posted at 12:47 AM on May 6, 2011

it really seems that jesse expected the world of sandra once his affair was found out and they divorced. she was trying to pick up the pieces to her life and move on…and you moved your family and yourself closer to her?? Was that a smart choice? imagine how hurt she was/is and you’re just following her when she tries to heal. but yes, we all know it’s all about what jesse wants NOW (sarcasm on). it’s always been about you, jesse, starting with your affair to satisfy your own selfish deceitful desires.

jb

Posted at 4:34 PM on May 4, 2011

Hey, Jesse! F YOU!

gbtw

Posted at 4:11 PM on May 4, 2011

sandra bullock is one person i will never judge. whatever she’s doing, she’s thought long and hard about and has probably even got professional opinions about. jesse, let’s just say he still needs a lot of work so hopefully he is seeing someone on a regular basis to help him and facilitate strengthening HIS relationship with his kids. and god bless and look out for those kids. my heart breaks for what they’ve been put through between him and their biological mothers.

Melissa

Posted at 12:36 PM on May 4, 2011

Thos whole situation is so very sad. I dont think he really thought through his decision to move his children to Texas. How much could a very hurt ex-wife who tried to stay gracious throughout the whole situation endure. There has to be a point when she can start to heal and move forward with her life. Its nearly impossible when he is around the corner, in and out of her life all the time. As much as I respect trying to rebuild his life and moving on I also believe his children should be the priority for a while. Now he is engaged to a woman that lives in California. Will he move his kids once again. New mommy, home, school, friends, etc is hard to transition to when you are still feeling the loss from the last. My heart goes out to his children and I hope everyone involved will heal properly and live happily.

Cfeasler

Posted at 11:49 AM on May 4, 2011

Just goes to show that he is not remorseful for a single thing that he has done. He is now trying to make her look bad for not have constant contact with his children. Plus, as far as I’ve seen, Sandra has been in NY for the past couple of months filming a movie.

goldie

Posted at 11:31 AM on May 4, 2011

Jesse needs to shut the hell up, he caused the rift between his kids and Sandra, not her. If she didn’t let go now then five years down the road would’ve been easier??? Sunny is still young enough to get over Sandra. How much longer did you expect Sandra to babysit YOUR kids while you were out galavanting with whatever whore you could get to lay down with you? Man up and take care of your own kids and stop blaming everyone else for your f…ups! I’ve had a hard life to with my mom, (dad wasn’t around) but I’ve NEVER cheated on my husband of 19 years!