Pippa Middleton’s bum is so popular, it even has its own Facebook page! Here’s how to get your own derriere in tip-top shape!
Pippa Middleton has skyrocketed to popularity following her sister’s wedding to Prince William. While Kate looked gorgeous in her Sarah Burton wedding gown, Pippa was also turning quite a few heads of her own. And many of those eyes staring at Pippa were looking, er, downwards. Pippa’s bum has its own Facebook page and over 170,000 people have “liked” the “Ass Appreciation Society.” Her bum even has its own t-shirt line. Want to get your gluteus maximus to look just like Kate’s sister’s? Here’s how!
HollywoodLife.com spoke to three different fitness trainers to find various ways to sculpt your own Pippa-like bum. No matter how you like to work out, we have an exercise for you!
Goldie Karpel, Celebrity Yoga Trainer, suggests:
- Chair Pose: Start standing with your feet together, bend your knees and reach your arms up. Hold this for five breaths.
- Twisting Chair: In chair pose, bring your palms together and twist, bringing the the left elbow to the outside of the right thigh. Then repeat, bringing your right elbow to the outside of your left thigh.
- Bridge Pose Variation: Lay on your back with your knees bent, and feet together. Lift your right leg up to the ceiling, then lower it half-way to meet the left knee. Repeat this six times, then switch legs.
Andrew FitzGerald, Co-Founder and Performance Specialist for E3Sports, suggests:
- Run intervals at an incline. This will build musculature of the gluteus maximus and quadriceps.
- Engage in a plyometric routine such as a jumpsquats or box jumps. Fast twitch muscle fibers will be triggered which will help burn fat fast and get you leaner quicker.
- High step-ups on a box or a bench is an efficient method to not only gain single leg strength but is an alternative to squatting which reduces stress on the lower back for people with weaker back muscles.
Eddie Robinson, International Federation of Bodybuilding Pro suggests his “Brick House Booty Transformation”:
- Squats, do four sets of 10-15 reps. You can add resistance by performing them while holding dumbbells in your hands or with a bar across your shoulders.
- Leg Press, do three sets of 10-15 reps. If you go to a gym, the leg press machine may be easier to use than doing squats with a bar, and it attacks the same region. Make sure you have a spotter unless the resistance is very light.
- Stiff-legged Deadlifts, do four sets of 10-15 reps. Excellent for your hamstrings, butt and lower back, but form is critical! Start by standing with your feet hip-width apart, and your weights (bar or dumbbells) in front of your thighs. Keeping your back flat and abs in, bend forward from the hips and lower your torso until your weights reach your shins.
- Walking Lunges, do four sets of 10 reps on each leg. Jessica Simpson fell in love with these while sculpting her bottom for her Daisy Duke character in Dukes of Hazzard.
Make Pippa Middleton proud! Which set of exercises do you think you’ll try?
Lorena O’Neil with additional reporting by Russ Weakland
GET MORE ON THE ROYAL WEDDING!