Mom On Trial In Case Of Missing Infant Son — Did She Kill Him?

Tue, May 3, 2011 2:18pm EDT by 5 Comments

Seven-month-old baby Gabriel has not been seen for over a year now — first his mother claimed to have murdered him, but now she says she gave him away! How horrible!

In December 2009, a 7-month-old Tempe, Ariz. baby — Gabriel Johnson — went missing. The day he disappeared, his mother Elizabeth Johnson, 23, got into a fight with his dad Logan McQueary , 26, and called him to say she had smothered Gabriel, stuffed his limp body into a diaper bag and threw it into a dumpster.

Gabriel is still missing, and now Elizabeth is being tried on kidnapping, child abuse, and custodial-interference charges.

Logan says he recorded the call from Elizabeth and handed a tape over to police. The tape reveals a voice that sounds like Elizabeth as she gets upset about Logan flirting with other women on Facebook.

“You left me with no choice. You’d be surprised what a person will do if you push them enough,” says the voice. “You made me kill my baby boy. I suffocated him, he turned blue and that’s when I put him in his diaper bag and put him in the trash can.”

Gabriel was last spotted alive on Dec. 26, 2009 with Elizabeth in San Antonio, Tex. She later recanted her story, saying that she gave the boy to a random couple under the instruction of Tammi Peters Smith, who may have be lined up to adopt Gabriel. Tammi is now charged with forgery and conspiracy to commit custodial interference.

Logan still hopes that his son Gabriel, who would now be 2 years old, is still out there.

“I have good days and bad days,” Logan tells Arizona’s 12 News. “I don’t know if we’ll ever give him a funeral, or if he’s out there. I didn’t get a chance to celebrate his birthday.”

- Lindsey DiMattina

Posted at 9:43 AM on May 4, 2011

Sooooo… if the website is so terrible… why do you take the time to type in the url, wait for the page to load, look through the stories, read the stories AND comment on them? Next time, instead of being stupid, click that little X on the top of the screen and you won’t have to waste your time reading it!!

Whitney

Posted at 3:02 PM on May 3, 2011

I pray that she left that baby with someone, and someone who is good to him and loves him. That way the father will at least have a chance to find him. That is completely sad. How could any mother put her child in danger like that. I don’t understand. To Chai, yea things can get bad in the U.S. that isn’t the only time something like that has happened here. I’m afraid there are bad things like that everywhere. Sometimes there are happy endings, sometimes not so much. My heart aches every time I read something like that.

Not Freddy

Posted at 2:56 PM on May 3, 2011

Well, she should also be charged with murder.

Chai

Posted at 2:56 PM on May 3, 2011

No, what’s horrible is this editorial! This website and everything on it!! Damn, I thought things were bad here in the UK but wow.

Not Freddy

Posted at 2:59 PM on May 3, 2011

Well, it’s it not about some bimbo’s hairstyle or some dipsticks abs, they have no reference point from which to opine or report. One of the top 10 WORST websites on the entire internet!