Ashley’s skin glistened brightly — with just the right amount of shine! Her makeup artist tells us how you can match her lovely look!
Ashley Greene is a proud mark cosmetics brand ambassador, so for the 2011 Met Ball, celebrity makeup artist Matthew VanLeeuwen, used mark products to get her amazing glow! Read more to see how he did it!
Matthew gives us the scoop on how to re-create the Twilight star’s makeup, from eyes and lips to face and cheeks:
- ”I prepped Ashley’s skin by applying mark For Goodness Face Antioxidant Skin Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30 all over her face to create a nice, clean canvas.”
- “Using the mark Eye Shadow Brush, I applied I-mark Custom Pick Eye Shadow in Whisper all over her eyelids as a base. I then added mark I-Mark Custom Pick Eye Shadow in Tiki all over the lids and into the creases using the mark Angled Contour Brush.”
- “Next, using the mark Eyeliner Brush, I added I-mark Custom Pick Eye Shadow in Tiki to the outer three-quarters of the lower lash lines. To really highlight Ashley’s eyes, I added mark Touch & Glow Shimmer Cream Cubes All Over Face Palette to the center of her eye lids. Next, to define her eyes, I used mark No Place To Run Longwear Eyeliner in Foxy Brown by pushing the liner into her lash lines from the inside corners, out, going a little heavier on the outside corners. I also smudged mark No Place To Run Longwear Eyeliner in Foxy Brown to her inside lower lashes.”
- “Next, using the mark Eyeliner Brush, I layered I-mark Custom Pick Eye Shadow in Picadilly on top of the eyeliner on her lash lines, smudging it for a deep plum look. To create additional brightness in Ashley’s eyes, I applied I-mark Custom Pick Eye Shadow in Glitterati to the inner corners of her eyes.”
- EXPERT TIP: “I Finished Ashley’s eyes by applying mark Make It Big Mascara in Raven. I applied the mascara by wiggling the wand back and forth at the base of lash to deposit color at the lash roots. Then, I painted the length of the lashes to get a wispy finish with more color at the base. I then wiped the brush off before applying the color to her under eye lashes so it would be very light — this mascara technique gives a glam, young starlet look!”
- “After finishing Ashley’s eyes, to even out her skin, I applied mark Face Xpert Flawless Touch Makeup all over her face using the mark Foundation Brush to blend the color. I applied her makeup in this order so I could clean up her face and make sure it was perfect.”
- “Next I applied mark Good Riddance Hook Up Concealer in Light/Medium under her eyes and around her nose with the mark Concealer Brush. To set Ashley’s skin, I used the mark Powder Brush to apply mark Matte-Nificent Oil-Absorbing Powder in Buff/Natural over the foundation.”
- “To add definition and contouring to Ashley’s face, I used mark Bronze Pro Bronzing Powder all over her cheeks and across her nose as soft flush of color. To add warmth and glow, I used mark Good Glowing Custom Pick Powder Blush in After Glo…”
- “To finish the look, for Ashley’s lips, I used mark Lipclick Full Color Lipstick in Malt, topped with mark Glow Baby Glow Hook Up Lip Gloss in Smooches.”
Do you love Ashley’s light and shimmering makeup? Let us know below!
Read More About The Met Ball
- Met Ball 2011 Red Carpet: Best Dressed Stars Fete Alexander McQueen
- Met Ball 2011 Best of Beauty: Top Hairstyles of the Night!
- Renee Zellweger Bares Her Back At The 2011 Met Ball In A Sexy Chic Carolina Herrera!