Should William & Kate Start Trying For A Baby Right Away? A Fertility Expert Weighs In!

Fri, April 29, 2011 2:44pm EDT by 11 Comments

Should the royal newlyweds aim for an heir right away or wait until the hoopla has died down?

Like most couples, newlyweds Prince William and Kate Middleton have babies on the mind. But their kids could someday become royalty! We contacted a leading fertility expert to tell us when the best time would be for William, 28, and Kate, 29, to have a child.

Dr. Joel Batzofin, the medical director of New York Fertililty Services, says the couple is in the clear for whenever they want to have children.

“From a medical standpoint, I don’t think she has anything to worry about for a couple of years,” Dr. Batzofin says. “Reproductive function starts to decline from about age 35, although some studies show earlier decline…but it’s nothing they need to get excited about. Let them enjoy themselves for a few minutes and when it happens, it happens.”

He also said pressure from the media frenzy should not hurt Kate’s ability to have a child.

“I thought she did a beautiful job getting married in front of a couple billion people, looking relaxed and gorgeous,” Dr. Batzofin says. “She’s known this is coming for a long time and knew if she married him she’d live in a bubble. My perception is that she enjoys it and it won’t bother her.”

We can’t wait to see some beautiful royal babies soon!

– William Earl

Get more on the Royal Wedding!

1. Prince William & Kate Middleton’s Future Daughter Could Be Queen!
  2. One Bridesmaid Was Not Very Impressed By William & Kate’s Wedding Kiss!
  3. Prince William And Kate Middleton’s Baby Bridesmaids — Meet The Royal Wedding Party!

Ivaneide

Posted at 1:21 PM on March 16, 2012

It is really cute when Will goes to Kate’s room and Kate goes to William’s room . then they meet in the hwaally and KISS!!! TOO CUTE. The next morning Will kisses Kate on the cheek again. =*! aaawwww!!

Joyce

Posted at 8:25 PM on September 14, 2011

Aw yes, of course. I want them to have a child like right now :D But they got married only a short while ago, so I definitely don’t think I’m going to hear news of Kate being pregnant in 2011.

2012 though, maybe….

MYOB

Posted at 8:46 PM on May 8, 2011

It’s no one’s business but theirs if they have kids now or later.

Kayla Williams

Posted at 4:20 AM on May 3, 2011

Yes, they should .. because it is royal tradition to get the bride/princess/duchess pregnant within 9 months .. If she doesn’t .. it’ll break the tradition .. they need to make sure that there is no gap in the line of heirs .. Prince william was born 11 months after Lady Diana and Prince Charles’ wedding ..

Kaylen

Posted at 7:58 PM on May 2, 2011

i say they have got plenty of time to have kids! Let them enjoy the married life for a bit! And I am pretty sure Kate had a rigorous workout schedule to fit into that wedding dress. Let her enjoy her body while she has it!A

Love Kate

Posted at 4:20 PM on May 2, 2011

Kate is too skinny? What a load of rubbish! She is hot! If I was William, you bet we’d be trying for babies! She is smoking hot.

Marisa

Posted at 1:15 PM on May 2, 2011

Ha ha Ros reckons Kates bone structure reminds her of a young Camillas. Ha ha you should go to specsavers love. Can’t believe Sarah commenting on Kates bust size. Get a life. Would you prefer her to have an unnatural hollywood silicone chest? Also Kate is slender & not “way too skinny”. Are you jealous? Keep eating your big macs and fries love and leave our Kate alone.
They will have a baby in their on time. Leave them alone. Not everyone is in a huge rush to get stretch marks everywhere.

Sarah

Posted at 11:06 PM on April 29, 2011

Ahhh Kate looks way to skinny here, her chest is frightening.

Ros

Posted at 4:15 PM on April 29, 2011

I hope she survives with this royal family, she has a beautiful eyes and seems very nice person. I´m afraid to say but I don´t like her dress, it shows how thin and how flat chested she really is. Her chin bone structure reminds me of young Camilla, Prince Charles former mistress turned wife. There are only two royal wedding dresses that I like so far. The wedding dress of Princess Mary of Denmark and Princess Leticia of Spain.

Elsa Sanchez

Posted at 3:33 PM on April 29, 2011

I’m a new mother and I highly recommend having children. My hips are bigger…my breasts are bigger. I’m loving it! I feel like more of a woman now. It definitely makes me feel so much sexier than ever before.

Marcus

Posted at 2:56 PM on April 29, 2011

Bonnie? What is wrong with you?

When they choose to have a child that is their decision.

Who are you to contact a fertility specialist?

Let them enjoy married life they have plenty of time to have babies!!!