Will There Be A 'Gilmore Girls' Movie? Melissa McCarthy Gives Us The Inside Scoop!

Fri, April 29, 2011 6:09pm EDT by 11 Comments

HollywoodLife.com chatted with Melissa McCarthy at the ‘Bridesmaids’ premiere in LA April 28 and she put the nail in the coffin for the spin off movie we’ve been waiting on for years! Do YOU want to see a ‘Gilmore Girls’ movie?

As any Gilmore Girl die-hard would tell you, we’d love nothing more than to witness a Lorelai and Rory reunion — but don’t hold your breath waiting for a reunion special or movie to happen.

HollywoodLife.com ran into Melissa McCarthy (Sookie) at the Bridesmaids premiere at Mann’s Village Westwood in LA April 28 and she broke some bad news when we asked her if there was any chance for a Gilmore Girls movie.

“I don’t think so…people ask that all the time. I’ve never heard anything about it,” the 40-year-old actress told us, adding, “It’s all done!”

Say it ain’t so! No  matter how many family dramedies hit the small screen, no one will ever have the spot on chemistry Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel and the rest of the gang had throughout the seven years we watched them on Gilmore Girls.

We can’t help it — we’re still holding on hope for a reunion someday, aren’t you?

Kirstin Benson, reporting by Russ Weakland

Daisy

Posted at 8:30 PM on November 6, 2012

This should be done!! but with Rory ends up with Dean!

Brittany Artiano

Posted at 5:33 PM on August 15, 2012

OMG!!!!! THEY HAVE TO MAKE A MOVIE! !! I LOVE. Gilmore girls! I love Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel as mother and daughter! I love all the characters and if u guys make a movie I think u should have Everyone in it! No one is replaceable! I have all the dvds and watch it every Saturday <3 on tv!!! How can you not love this show!!!:) I talk to everyone about this show and how everyone should watch it! Got many people addicted to it! I swear if they make a movie I will go to the movies and watch it every day! I don't care if I waste my money on it! You guys deserve it!!!!

sarahw

Posted at 9:21 PM on May 13, 2012

I would love some kind of reunion! My hopes of there ever being one are gone, but there are SO MANY questions that I have!! Luke and Lorelai, Rory, Sookie and Jackson. Their new baby was never resolved. I don’t think the gender was even revealed. I SO LOVE THIS SHOW! Made me really sad when cancelled.

kirsten

Posted at 2:47 PM on May 4, 2012

IT WOULD MAKE ME SOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY TO GET CLOSER AND I NEED IT BEST SHOW EVER PLEASE BRING IT BACK EVEN JUST A TV MOVIE MINI SERIES SOMTHING PLEASE

Eliza kreps

Posted at 2:45 AM on May 4, 2012

i would love a gilmore girls movie with lorelai and luke get married and rory and jess together finally that relationship never got resolved!

eva alt-revie

Posted at 6:28 PM on April 16, 2012

I am a true gilmore fan! And so is my sister!
It would be great if there was to be a movie!
I am sure it would be a hit, with that cast? Absolutly, most defenatly!
Looking forward to it!
:-):-) eva:-):-)

Tristan Lover

Posted at 8:27 PM on December 5, 2011

I think the ultimate reunion would be Lorelai and Luke getting married, and Rory somehow ending up with Tristan. He was one of the only guys I liked on the show… Well him and Finn.

number one gilmore girls fan

Posted at 1:44 AM on December 5, 2011

LUKE AND LORELAI NEED TO GET MARRIED IN THE MOVIE!!! I MEAN I’D LOVE A SEASON 8 BUT A MOVIE WOULD BE AMAZING TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CRIED SO MUCH WHEN IT ENDED, 7 SEASONS WAS NOT ENOUGH !! I LOVE GILMORE GIRLS !

dawn

Posted at 1:31 PM on November 27, 2011

i would love to see a reunion movie. i want to know if Lorelai and Luke got married and id they maybe had a kid together. Also i want to know how Rory’s career is and if while she was on the road if she maybe ran into Logan or maybe Dean and if she got back together with either of them and if she is married… Please make this happen

carrie

Posted at 10:23 AM on November 16, 2011

I think all us gilmore girls fans would love to see a movie or a special as most of us want to see if lorelai and Luke finally got married and how rory got on with everything

Renee

Posted at 1:16 PM on July 31, 2012

Sex in the city had two good movies, so would the gilmore girls. I would love to see a movie. I hope it happens.